How Fox News works

retread

Once again. Thanks Newt SCUMBAG Gingrich for pushing to allow foreign ownership of broadcast Networks.  Without the corruption of Gingrich, Fox News does not exist. Newt isn't on TV, millions of morons are not convinced lies are the truth and America is a much much better place.

I'm not a fan of Laura. In this case, it isn't only the antisemitism, although that is a big part of this. It is truly the accusation as confession. Global oligarchy is a topic that was in the latest Gaslit nation podcast and I believe All Things Considered might have discussed it as well and was quite interesting as they were discussing it in relation to both the pandemic response (lack of toward human lives plus making a buck off the PPE, etc) and the recent military arms sales. No one has profited off of this as much as those currently in office or adjacent to those in office (the Murdochs, Mercers, Kochs, etc). Just as the immigrants are scapegoats for the current power structure, so are the Jewish of the world. When one adds in the element of the End Times crowd, it becomes surreal.

On 11/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, BrickHorn said:

Apparently Newsmax’s ratings jumped some insane multiple last week. Fox is finding out that a cult doesn’t want news. It craves only propaganda. 

Who woulda thunk it? After devaluing legit journalism so over the decades, their viewership doesn't care about or recognize legit journalism anymore. Like Rush, they're entertainment, not bound by any professional ethic, right? 

Dance, monkey. Dance!

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Who woulda thunk it? After devaluing legit journalism so over the decades, their viewership doesn't care about or recognize legit journalism anymore. Like Rush, they're entertainment, not bound by any professional ethic, right? 

Dance, monkey. Dance!

Watching the Fox News viewership lose their shit over Tucker asking for evidence from Powell has been enjoyable.

It makes me wonder if Murdoch and Co. will reach a point where they decide to fully turn on Trump and try and capture actual moderate/conservatives in the GOP who are not fans of Trump.

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm not a fan of Laura. In this case, it isn't only the antisemitism, although that is a big part of this. It is truly the accusation as confession. Global oligarchy is a topic that was in the latest Gaslit nation podcast and I believe All Things Considered might have discussed it as well and was quite interesting as they were discussing it in relation to both the pandemic response (lack of toward human lives plus making a buck off the PPE, etc) and the recent military arms sales. No one has profited off of this as much as those currently in office or adjacent to those in office (the Murdochs, Mercers, Kochs, etc). Just as the immigrants are scapegoats for the current power structure, so are the Jewish of the world. When one adds in the element of the End Times crowd, it becomes surreal.

Notice Putin is not on the graphic.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:43 PM, Gap03 said:

Would gifting northern MI to Canada get Trump the MI electoral votes?  If so, expect the backdated documentation explaining the loss of US citizenship of a number of former MI residents later tonight ... 

Let me know if this is gonna go down so I can move to northern Michigan first. Foot in the door and off to Vancouver I go 

• Hook 'Em 4

18 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Also. Not a fan of Laura, but I love Yamiche and I agree with Joy: Back up Fish Stick Boy, cause I'm going to Swanson your ass until there's a clean up in aisle three.

Got damn, the money I would pay and things I would do or sacrifice to throw just one punch at Tucker. 

Really not sure what thread to stick this in, but figured this was as good a place as any, since I have no doubt the two people I'm going to talk about are Fox viewers.

Went to the tag agent earlier this morning to renew a license plate, and there was an older (65+) couple sitting across the waiting room from me.  Tag agent also doubles as a drivers license renewal agency as well.  Myself and the couple are the only folks in the waiting room.

Husband is sitting there, masked up, and looking around the room.   He's holding a sheaf of papers.  Out of the blue, he looks across the room at me, and says (paraphrasing) "I guess I need to get a Mexican family to adopt me so I can get my damned driver's license, because they just give those to any Mexican".

Backstory: not sure about all other states, but in Oklahoma, if your license expires, it's a big deal.  You have to have your birth certificate, social security card, etc.  You literally have to prove who you are.  In fact, you have to start over if you wait too long:

If your license has expired, it can still be renewed if you can prove your identity and expiration occurred within the last three years. To do this, however, you must pass three tests: a vision test, a written driving test, and a driving skills test.

I just kind of stare at him, then start looking around the room.  He keeps going: "This is why this country is so screwed up.  You just can't get your license renewed, but a Mexican can get one with no paperwork.  In fact, they just give them anything they want".

At this point, he's talking to himself, because I'm not looking at him.  So on he goes:  "This is why we need to fix our immigration problems.  It's just too easy for those people".

And:  "They are given everything they need, just show up".  Finally, the wife chimes in:  "They even get the money they need to get the license plates; we just give it to them".

Finally, I'm called to the window.  He kept talking to his wife.  I bet their evenings are just spent in front of the tv, rage watching Hannity and Tucker and hurling expletives.

17 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Really not sure what thread to stick this in, but figured this was as good a place as any, since I have no doubt the two people I'm going to talk about are Fox viewers.

Went to the tag agent earlier this morning to renew a license plate, and there was an older (65+) couple sitting across the waiting room from me.  Tag agent also doubles as a drivers license renewal agency as well.  Myself and the couple are the only folks in the waiting room.

Husband is sitting there, masked up, and looking around the room.   He's holding a sheaf of papers.  Out of the blue, he looks across the room at me, and says (paraphrasing) "I guess I need to get a Mexican family to adopt me so I can get my damned driver's license, because they just give those to any Mexican".

Backstory: not sure about all other states, but in Oklahoma, if your license expires, it's a big deal.  You have to have your birth certificate, social security card, etc.  You literally have to prove who you are.  In fact, you have to start over if you wait too long:

I just kind of stare at him, then start looking around the room.  He keeps going: "This is why this country is so screwed up.  You just can't get your license renewed, but a Mexican can get one with no paperwork.  In fact, they just give them anything they want".

At this point, he's talking to himself, because I'm not looking at him.  So on he goes:  "This is why we need to fix our immigration problems.  It's just too easy for those people".

And:  "They are given everything they need, just show up".  Finally, the wife chimes in:  "They even get the money they need to get the license plates; we just give it to them".

Finally, I'm called to the window.  He kept talking to his wife.  I bet their evenings are just spent in front of the tv, rage watching Hannity and Tucker and hurling expletives.

Wait.....is there some preferential "Mexican priority" line at the DMV?  Because I'd like to know about that.  That would be muy bueno.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This kind of crap started after Obama got elected. Previously racists typically kept racist comments to themselves or in the family or in hushed tones. Trump getting elected turned it up to 11. They just keep getting louder about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You should have responded “I know a Mexican who got his Oklahoma license renewed without any hassle. But he apparently wasn’t a whiny dipshit who forgot to renew it on time and then publicly blamed a whole ethnicity in a pathetic attempt to cover up what a dumbass he is.”

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

You should have responded “I know a Mexican who got his Oklahoma license renewed without any hassle. But he apparently wasn’t a whiny dipshit who forgot to renew it on time and then publicly blamed a whole ethnicity in a pathetic attempt to cover up what a dumbass he is.”

I told the wife a bit ago; I could have said something..but, with open carry, who the hell knows who is packing and is just unhinged enough to whip it out.

21 minutes ago, Woland said:

This goes along with the media is biased because 96% of the things they report about Trump is negative. Well...maybe 96% of the things Trump does and says is negative.

Sane people get this. Unfortunately a large chunk of our population is completely insane. 

Edited by Biff Tannen

15 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Fox pushing anti-democratic propaganda

I'm certainly no Fox defender or proponent but that's not really what Cain is saying there.  He's not endorsing working state legislators, he's saying the Trump team believes that's where their efforts are going towards, mainly out of necessity because they failed in the election. They've failed in court.  So now, they are trying a political agenda.  FWIW, Cain has been public he didn't support Trump during his presidency (which is sort of surprising in itself).

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I'm certainly no Fox defender or proponent but that's not really what Cain is saying there.  He's not endorsing working state legislators, he's saying the Trump team believes that's where their efforts are going towards, mainly out of necessity because they failed in the election. They've failed in court.  So now, they are trying a political agenda.  FWIW, Cain has been public he didn't support Trump during his presidency (which is sort of surprising in itself).

When he was on another network. He flipped the script ever since he joined Foxnews. 

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I rewatched this a bunch of times. Now I see it. There was a long pause between "attempting to make their case..." and "there may not be enough..." which gave the illusion that he was saying that and not stating the Trump campaign was making that argument. So you are correct. He might want to be a little more clear next time. 

3 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What's scary about Fox News is now a huge swath of the population only believes lies, and no longer believes any facts.

And a huge swath within the huge swath now views Fox News as too liberal and are moving further to the extremes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, horn4life said:

What's scary about Fox News is now a huge swath of the population only believes lies, and no longer believes any facts.

Just now, aggie08 said:

And a huge swath within the huge swath now views Fox News as too liberal and are moving further to the extremes.

Both of these.  There are only two rules now: it only gets worse, and there is no bottom.

The only litmus test of conservatism to these people is how loyal one is to Trump.  Kiss the ring and support his lies = good patriotic conservative.  Suggest Trump is wrong about anything at all or that evidence isn't there to support widespread fraud = liberal.

The DT crowd is the same way even if they won't admit to it.  It's why they think everyone in the CR is a leftist/progressive when that's obviously not the case.

Edited by Tom

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

When he was on another network. He flipped the script ever since he joined Foxnews. 

I can't speak to if he's come out and publicly supported Trump personally since going back to Fox or if he's simply part of the narrative machine in what Murdoch serves out.  My issue with him is his grift is pathetic.  He's part of the whole media only drives narratives to people and the business and tech oligarchy are controlling you minds, yet he goes and works for Fox and then ESPN and then Fox again?  And it really appears that only money is the driver for each stop.  Like most TV personalities, he has a POV when it's convenient but really doesn't have any other priorities than money.  He has a shtick and he sells it to the highest bidder.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/30/2020 at 2:49 PM, Francisco 2.0 said:

I see you've met my father.