How Fox News works

retread

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The whole “Don’t bother with masks because some mask wearers still got Covid!” is just so fucking dumb.

No safety precaution in any area of life is 100% effective. It’s about mitigation. These all or nothing fuckers are infuriating. And the fact that they’re still spewing their garbage almost a year into this mess makes my brain explode.

“Rand Paul didn’t die when his righteous neighbor whipped his ass therefore everyone is free to whip Rand Paul’s ass!”

100 percent of non-smokers die, fact. Go inhale an entire pack of unfiltered camels.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, I don't wear seat belts because lots of people who wear seat belts die in car crashes every day.

I don't wear a bike helmet because lots of bikers in helmets are injured every day.

I don't drink clean water because lots of people who drink clean water get diarrhea every day.

I don't wear sunscreen because lots of people who wear sunscreen get sunburned every day.

I don't look both ways before crossing busy intersections because lots of people who do look both ways get hit by cars.

and on and on and on....

Edited by High Plains Drifter
  • Hook 'Em 5

14 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

The whole “Don’t bother with masks because some mask wearers still got Covid!” is just so fucking dumb.

No safety precaution in any area of life is 100% effective. It’s about mitigation. These all or nothing fuckers are infuriating. And the fact that they’re still spewing their garbage almost a year into this mess makes my brain explode.

“Rand Paul didn’t die when his righteous neighbor whipped his ass therefore everyone is free to whip Rand Paul’s ass!”

It's just a fucking dumb argument.  Here, I'll make it with respect to a safety measure that we all know works:

"Don't bother wearing a seatbelt because people wearing seatbelts have still died in car wrecks."

It's true.  Some people wearing seatbelts still died when they hit a semi head-on at 80 mph.  Seatbelts don't save every life.  But extrapolating that to "they don't help" is completely unsupported by evidence, is contrary to basic logic, and is ass-blastingly stupid.  So, it's perfectly Rand Paulian.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The irony is he's not an anti-science guy. He's basically an engineer and a high level programmer. He's smart, gets business fundamentals. He just has a conspiracy bent. He was all in on the virus ruining us in Feb/Mar until we suspended work at the office and now that we're back he's a no mask wearing freedom honk. It all literally exists outside of his typical behavior and worldview except for one thing; conspiracy. 

You just described a physician friend of mine. It was a slow winding process that delivered him to this point, but the investment finally paid off over the past year and a half or so. Much like your coworker he's always had conspiratorial/trollish bent towards being a contrarian for the sake of being a contrarian, but it finally pushed him towards being a true believer in absolute nonsense. There's literally no conspiracy out there that he won't feel the need to reflexively agree with on it's face or that causes him to "ask questions". 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

The irony is he's not an anti-science guy. He's basically an engineer and a high level programmer. He's smart, gets business fundamentals. He just has a conspiracy bent. He was all in on the virus ruining us in Feb/Mar until we suspended work at the office and now that we're back he's a no mask wearing freedom honk. It all literally exists outside of his typical behavior and worldview except for one thing; conspiracy. 

I know of a geologist that doesn't believe in global warming.  So the dude quotes debunked people, brings up junk science, because he is actually not interested in learning the truth, because that would create a moral quandary for him.     I think these people are just lonely and they find camaraderie that they are seeking by connecting with other loons.  

I know of a geologist that doesn't believe in global warming.  So the dude quotes debunked people, brings up junk science, because he is actually not interested in learning the truth, because that would create a moral quandary for him.     I think these people are just lonely and they find camaraderie that they are seeking by connecting with other loons.  

He must get real quiet at some of these lecture series. Maybe he’s just after the fossil fuels. Which would make sense.

The "Dr. Jill Biden " thing is actually hitting multiple buttons for the MAGA crowd.

1. Liberal Educated Elites (Science is fake news)
  2. Teachers and the education system
  3. the misogyny angle
  4. and the insecurities of this group who are probably underrepresented with quality education, grades, IQ, or degrees but definitely lacking critical thinking.

China studies 'White Trash' book to help understand what drives Donald Trump  | Stuff.co.nz

• Hook 'Em 4

On 12/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, Neonmoon said:

Fox allows the spread of dangerous misinformation. Cool

01) who is arguing "don't get the vaccine, a mask is enough to protect you"?

no one.

02) he argues the only thing that has changed the trajectory of the virus is the vaccine? the vaccine that hardly any one has received yet? what change in trajectory is he talking about?

the last two days we had over 3,000 covid deaths.

he is a waste of space.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Can I just say once again that having Fox News promos teeming with lies, misinformation and straight up propaganda slide their way into FOX NFL broadcasts is exceedingly shitty.

You ought to listen to FOX Sports Radio. Ben Maller is full MAGA, Corona is a hoax, yadda, yadda.

7 minutes ago, Matuka said:

Lou walking back some of his lies lest Fox gets sued...

How did he follow up that segment?

“Well, now that we’ve heard from election technology expert Eddie Perez, let’s get the other side of the story.  Here to tell us how George Soros and Ernst Blofeld secretly control all the voting machines in the country is noted crazy person and Righteous Gemstones extra Sidney Powell.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Matuka said:

Lou walking back some of his lies lest Fox gets sued...

Haha. Funny once a lawsuit is threatened, things change. Also, Lou Dobbs pussy ass didn’t even say they’re retracting the lies, just here’s a expert guy correcting the lies we spewed

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Haha. Funny once a lawsuit is threatened, things change. Also, Lou Dobbs pussy ass didn’t even say they’re retracting the lies, just here’s a expert guy correcting the lies we spewed

And funnier that when expert guy finished correcting the lies, they went straight to commercial, no Lou throwing the show to break.

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Actually we can. Some snowflakes can get their fee fees hurt because they don’t acknowledge reality and we’ll all move on. 

But we should be afraid that they're going to civil war, like, any minute now. Probably after Sunday buffet at Golden Corral.

23 hours ago, TexasEd said:

The "Dr. Jill Biden " thing is actually hitting multiple buttons for the MAGA crowd.

3. the misogyny angle
  4. and the insecurities of this group who are probably underrepresented with quality education, grades, IQ, or degrees but definitely lacking critical thinking.

China studies 'White Trash' book to help understand what drives Donald Trump  | Stuff.co.nz

Many years ago, my brother worked on a dive boat.  They had a running joke on the boat whenever they asked and found out one of their guests had a PhD they would claim to have one too.  When asked what subject they would respond they had a PhD in life.  He told me that thinking it was hysterical.  I found it pathetic and insecure.

23 hours ago, TexasEd said:

3. the misogyny angle

And the knock on Dr. Jill is that her degree is not elite ENOUGH to be legit. The irony of the snobbery angle is lost on the "anti-elitists." 

3. the misogyny angle
1535434862740.jpg
She doesn't even fight Daleks!

On 12/18/2020 at 12:08 PM, TexasEd said:

3. the misogyny angle

Man, the lot of them. So deplorable. And what's going on with the old codger staring at the camera like Blake Gideon at Denny's?

• Haha 1