How Fox News works

retread

5 minutes ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

Watching this now gives you the chills. He has to know what was coming, or at least what he hoped was coming. 

Yes. Good point. Looking back at it as you've done I'm trying to decide if that little almost knowing smile at the beginning of the interview was real, or if that's just his resting sedition face.

First it was that was Antifa. After that was easily proven wrong, the next pivots is what happened was horrible but these weren’t true Trump supporters. True Trump supporters don’t commit, endorse, or promote violent acts or vandalism. They think this will save them. These pieces of shit really think they can get away from it. 

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

First it was that was Antifa. After that was easily proven wrong, the next pivots is what happened was horrible but these weren’t true Trump supporters. True Trump supporters don’t commit, endorse, or promote violent acts or vandalism. They think this will save them. These pieces of shit really think they can get away from it. 

I mean, what experience do they have that proves that wrong 

• Like 1

I like how one-by-one, they all look down at the closed captioning monitor under their heads to see, "did she just fucking say 'kristallnacht'?  I don't know the exact translation but I remember it was bad for Jews."  

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like how one-by-one, they all look down at the closed captioning monitor under their heads to see, "did she just fucking say 'kristallnacht'?  I don't know the exact translation but I remember it was bad for Jews."  

“Night of Broken Glass”, because of all the shattered storefronts of Jewish businesses. In 1938 SA goons ran wild in a pogrom, killing dozens of Jews and destroying much more property as German police stood by. From that moment, it was clear that the German state would escalate persecution of Jews to include physical violence.

And then in January 2020, Trump supporters lost their ability to incite riots on Twitter in what became known as “2nd Kristallnacht.”

Yeah dude, I know what it was.  I had relatives on both sides of it, sadly.  That's why i found it curious how each Fox broadcaster looked down like "the fuck did she just say?"  

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/media/fox-news-schedule-change/index.html

Fox News removes one of its only nighttime hours of news coverage

Fox News Channel is removing one of its only nighttime hours of news coverage and replacing it with a right-wing opinion show, signifying a further shift toward the incendiary programming that Fox viewers overwhelmingly prefer.

The 7 p.m. hour, anchored by Martha MacCallum and called "The Story," will become "Fox News Primetime" and will be led by a "rotating" cast of opinion hosts, a Fox spokesperson said Monday morning.

a reaction due to OAN, Newsmax rise in viewers?

On 1/8/2021 at 7:13 PM, Underdog said:

bongino.thumb.jpg.c0355d0e7dbc334bffdb40645173ff35.jpg

I am going to bet that Bongino, who has 2.5 million followers on Twitter, comes back.  He's an attention junkie and right now he's missing that sweet, sweet fix. He's got 2.5 million followers on Twitter. It's going to take him years to gain even a million followers on Parler, at least a million legitimate followers.  And he's going to find that they're batshit crazy and make HIM look bad. 

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I am going to bet that Bongino, who has 2.5 million followers on Twitter, comes back.  He's an attention junkie and right now he's missing that sweet, sweet fix. He's got 2.5 million followers on Twitter. It's going to take him years to gain even a million followers on Parler, at least a million legitimate followers.  And he's going to find that they're batshit crazy and make HIM look bad. 

It might take Parler years just to get back online. Glad this idiot is losing money on his investment. 

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i typically try and catch the beginning of tucker carlson's show, but tonight i didn't flip over until 5:04 or so, and can only assume i missed his top story.

by 5:04 he was talking about the true star of the day...eric swalwell.

I see that Tucker has accepted that Trump lost.

27 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

because the deep-seeded sadness i hear from his voice is better than cocaine.

i'm just kidding, cocaine is awesome.

they're both really good.

Goddamn you. I really miss the 80,s when I was young and had a connection for uncut. It was such a good mellow high. (As far as a coke high can be mellow).

Back to the story where I am old and politics matter. Fuck!!!!!

34 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

because the deep-seeded sadness i hear from his voice is better than cocaine.

i'm just kidding, cocaine is awesome.

they're both really good.

I'm not addicted to Tucker's tears...I just like the way they smell, okay?!?

14 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s time for corporate America to de-platform Fox News. 

This is profoundly important. Trump is a charlatan, a transparent demagogue. As much as Trump would disagree, these are a dime a dozen. Their power is not being great but convincing you that they are. We’ve got to get better at this. Naming the untruths before us a necessary 1st step.

Fox News is, veeeeeeeery slowly, realizing that gigantic fucking lies can be fatal. Killing their viewers with misinformation about Covid was one thing, but the bullshit about election fraud provoked a deadly response that you could watch on the evening news. (Maybe not Fox News, but other stations aired it).
Think about it: if you really BELIEVE that the election was stolen through massive fraud, and no one in power is going to stop it, insurrection/force is an appropriate last-resort measure.
If Trump ordered the military/feds to swoop in and take over the vote counts in swing states, and then declared himself the winner, and no branch of government put a check on that, and Congress just said, "well, this was corrupt and stolen and democracy isn't real but we're going along with this," I would full-throatedly defend anyone willing to put their life on the line to stop that charade. If you believe the lie, what happened on the 6th was morally justifiable and nothing less than an attempt to save democracy itself. If you really believe Trump and what you see on Fox News, and don't deep down know that all the "stop the steal" shit is just about Trump and the GOP trying to save face and play political games, that revolt was heroic
And now Fox, along with all the other grifters who pushed that shit, is realizing PEOPLE TOOK YOU SERIOUSLY. PEOPLE TAKE TRUMP SERIOUSLY. Even if you weren't as direct as Trump in saying the election was rigged and you were "just asking questions" about "election integrity," you were part of the steady diet of garbage these people consumed. Based on the information you gave them, they reacted accordingly. 

Rightwing viewers have been radicalized the last 30 years, believing Hillary is a serial killer and that democrats are murdering babies. They believe a President was a radical, Islamic terrorist. So they can justify a whole lot of things.