2019 MLB thread

spystud13

In a game between two teams already eliminated and so will have zero bearing on the playoff races, who cares if a team does what Texas did?

This.
who gives a shit. If the Red Sox batter had hit a bomb on the next pitch (which is more apt to happen the way the Rangers are( we all laugh and say “stupid Arlington.”
The bigger question is why Minor is throwing 126 pitches in a game between two teams already eliminated and so will have zero bearing on the playoff races, but Rangers, you do you.

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m guessing because it’s his last start for 6 months so stressing his arm wasn’t seen as a risk. 

I’d think people would have more issues with the cubs sitting guys this last series and impacting the nl central race. 

yeah, cuz our normal starters have been fucking tearing it up lately.

Edited by Goo Punch

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

yeah, cuz our normal starters have been fucking tearing it up lately.

swept by the pirates

the pirates that before this series were living in a dumpster and were a documented disaster

then again the Indians have shit their pants 2 games in a row and are about to join the cubs in the "what the hell are we going to do" boat

9 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

This.
who gives a shit. If the Red Sox batter had hit a bomb on the next pitch (which is more apt to happen the way the Rangers are( we all laugh and say “stupid Arlington.”
The bigger question is why Minor is throwing 126 pitches in a game between two teams already eliminated and so will have zero bearing on the playoff races, but Rangers, you do you.

Literally no one who's not full-blooded aggy would say that.

Not a great deal of excitement this weekend so I'm just following who winds up with the most homers as a team. It was 301-299 Twins coming in, but the Yanks have hit 5 in their home away from home in Arlington and the Twins have two against the Royals so far. We might see another 10 from each team this weekend. 

Still can't believe that even with a juiced ball that we are seeing two teams go over 300. This is video game stuff. 

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I'm thinking that is why they pulled the trigger on Ausmus.  Feeling they need to strike quick with Maddon or he's gone.

God I hope so.  Ausmus was a stupid hire at the time.  Motherfucker had a losing record.   We've got a once-in-a-lifetime talent in Anaheim. It would be nice to win a few games.  

7 hours ago, Scraps said:

I just think it hilarious that the Angels let cry baby sit around and be mediocre for the majority of the past decade, but boot Ausmus after 1 year.  

I get that the main reason they did this is because they want Maddon, but still funny as hell to me.  

It was strange that they hired him to begin with.  He's basically a 20 year younger version of scioscia.