video: German LEO confronting peds taking photos of a fatal crash

Goo Punch

I fucking love Germans, their culture is very encouraging of respectfully getting in each other's business if there's something to be done right.

They do, however, tend to get a little amoral and violent from time to time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Years ago I pulled up to a railroad crossing where a train was stopped as a result of a fatality several yards up the rail. Cops were discouraging drivers from exiting there cars to go take a look. A few people circumvented the cops and took up a high position that afforded a view of the carnage. From my car I could clearly see a couple of them starting to puke almost immediately. People...

A guy flipped his truck in front of me last October.  We ran up to the truck but he'd been partially ejected and was obviously gone.  Two of the other people there immediately started taking pictures of him with their phones.  I wish I had done something to stop them. 

8 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I really liked this from him. This is obviously a public servant who takes his job and his duty very seriously, and that's something that in my experience we greatly lack in my town, my county, and my country.

ja das ist gut

Edited by Dennis Taylor

31 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i consciously stare straight ahead when there is a wreck.  shouldn't be for my idle amusement.  /moralbrag

I'm the same way.  If I'm ever seriously injured on the side of the road, I hope I don't see a bunch of strangers gawking at me, but I'm sure I will.

Say a prayer, if you're so inclined, feel fortunate, and get on with your day.

• Like 1

Yeah, how come our police cant wear ties and take their shit seriously?

We recently had a multiple fatality wreck on the main street out of the neighborhood.  The local police were actually tweeting/facebooking/nextdooring to the neighborhood groups that if you had kids in the car, shield them, or avoid the route completely.   Apparently it was very graphic.  More than one was ejected from the vehicle, I do remember that.  I had never seen the police do that before, and thought it was pretty solid.  I can still remember passing an obvious fatality wreck as a child.

I've taken pics of wrecks before, not for the fatality/person carnage,  but to send to my wife to remind her to slow the fuck down and think about what she's doing.  

On a MUCH smaller scale we faced something similar a week ago. A child at our neighborhood playground had tried to use the baby swing and gotten stuck. This child had muscular legs and they just weren't going to come out. Eventually we had to cut her pants so that her skin was exposed then used an industrial strength lubricant to get her loose. She was autistic and it was hard enough to get her to accept this process and her parents said there was no way she could handle us cutting the swing near her body.

So anyway, there were a bunch of kids trying to sneak a peek of the situation but then there was one little shithead who was laughing and pulled out his phone to take a picture and I'm sure send it out around the world. My wife noticed first and absolutely jumped down his throat and yelled at him to get out of the area. She proceeded to give him a tongue-lashing for a solid minute about caring about people and not just taking advantage of their misfortune by making fun of them so you can get a couple of laughs and a few likes on social media. His friends who had been chuckling with him were pretty much white in the face when she was done. Maybe out of him, his friends, and the other couple of dozen kids in the area the message will get through to a few.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

Years ago I pulled up to a railroad crossing where a train was stopped as a result of a fatality several yards up the rail. Cops were discouraging drivers from exiting there cars to go take a look. A few people circumvented the cops and took up a high position that afforded a view of the carnage. From my car I could clearly see a couple of them starting to puke almost immediately. People...suck

Fify

Huckleberry, from the stories I hear when my wife volunteers for the school, about 50% of kids these days are straight shitheels.  Then my kids (who generally behave ok) get the brunt of it just to make sure they know better.  I'm talking just straight disrespect to adults - I don't have to do that, I don't have to do what you say, literally ignoring and walking off, etc.  

15 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There’s a killer on the road...

Literal bodies under sheets in the intersection.  At intersection of Hwy 16 and 146 just south of Pipe Creek.  I haven't been up to our place up there in a few years, but last I checked that intersection was still a widow maker.  

On a MUCH smaller scale we faced something similar a week ago. A child at our neighborhood playground had tried to use the baby swing and gotten stuck. This child had muscular legs and they just weren't going to come out. Eventually we had to cut her pants so that her skin was exposed then used an industrial strength lubricant to get her loose. She was autistic and it was hard enough to get her to accept this process and her parents said there was no way she could handle us cutting the swing near her body. So anyway, there were a bunch of kids trying to sneak a peek of the situation but then there was one little shithead who was laughing and pulled out his phone to take a picture and I'm sure send it out around the world. My wife noticed first and absolutely jumped down his throat and yelled at him to get out of the area. She proceeded to give him a tongue-lashing for a solid minute about caring about people and not just taking advantage of their misfortune by making fun of them so you can get a couple of laughs and a few likes on social media. His friends who had been chuckling with him were pretty much white in the face when she was done. Maybe out of him, his friends, and the other couple of dozen kids in the area the message will get through to a few.

One of them probably took a video of her rant and now it’s posted somewhere for all the kids to make fun of the old lady losing her shit

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

On a MUCH smaller scale we faced something similar a week ago. A child at our neighborhood playground had tried to use the baby swing and gotten stuck. This child had muscular legs and they just weren't going to come out. Eventually we had to cut her pants so that her skin was exposed then used an industrial strength lubricant to get her loose. She was autistic and it was hard enough to get her to accept this process and her parents said there was no way she could handle us cutting the swing near her body.

So anyway, there were a bunch of kids trying to sneak a peek of the situation but then there was one little shithead who was laughing and pulled out his phone to take a picture and I'm sure send it out around the world. My wife noticed first and absolutely jumped down his throat and yelled at him to get out of the area. She proceeded to give him a tongue-lashing for a solid minute about caring about people and not just taking advantage of their misfortune by making fun of them so you can get a couple of laughs and a few likes on social media. His friends who had been chuckling with him were pretty much white in the face when she was done. Maybe out of him, his friends, and the other couple of dozen kids in the area the message will get through to a few.

To me, your wife comes off as a raging bitch in this story unless you left some stuff out. You seem proud, however. 

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

To me, your wife comes off as a raging bitch in this story unless you left some stuff out. You seem proud, however. 

For taking to task some dickhead kid that’s  making fun of an autistic kid in a bind?  Interesting. 

Edited by fattyflattie
  • Like 3

You seem to have a keen grasp of the situation. Including the assumption that it's a random woman to the kid when it's dozens of kids at a neighborhood playground.

Oh wait, it's not just a random woman to that kid. Keep going, I want to see how many assumptions you can get wrong in one thread.

Remember this?
Yes, I do. And that's why my first response addressed it but for some reason you couldn't let it go. You misread the situation and even though you had a nagging thought in the back of your mind that you might be doing so you still went in guns blazing. It's okay, we all do dumb shit sometimes. You'll recover.

I get the sentiment of the OP, but that is a pretty rough law from the standpoint of a US citizen. We would call that a revenue raiser that infringes on Constitutional rights. Also stops another lane of traffic. Def SHOULDN"T photograph crashes, but you should be allowed to if you mistakenly choose to.

4 hours ago, Lat22 said:

A guy flipped his truck in front of me last October.  We ran up to the truck but he'd been partially ejected and was obviously gone.  Two of the other people there immediately started taking pictures of him with their phones.  I wish I had done something to stop them. 

F'ing ghouls.

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There’s a killer on the road...

I don't want to be pedantic, but the whole "indians scattered on dawn's highway bleeding/ghosts crowd the young child's fragile eggshell mind" thing would have been  a better fit here

Edited by Lazarus Bocanegra
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

i consciously stare straight ahead when there is a wreck.  shouldn't be for my idle amusement.  /moralbrag

i consciously stare straight ahead when passing a wreck so i can see the exact moment i can floor it and get out from the moronic traffic jam of rubber neckers.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

I spent 2 months in Germany and I was amazed at the lack of accidents I saw, even considering the unlimited speeds on some stretches of the autobahn.  The German culture of safety and compliance and generally not driving like an asshole goes a long way over there.