Austin Homeless Free for All Ordinance

rage-a-holic

13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so...voters less likely to encounter actual homeless (on the outskirts) were more likely to vote for it than those inner city who are more likely to encounter homeless in their actual neighborhood...is that right? if so, that's interesting.

The only clear trend I see is west of mopac hates camping hobos. Everything else is mixed. 

• Haha 1

Guest Lobo

And the race car drivers in Elroy are sick of panhandlers at turns 3, 7, 10, and 21. 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

as opposed to what?

"I love homeless people. Look at the size of my dick!" 

That's a weird fucking flex.

as opposed to not being weirdly whatever a male karen is called and having a normal looking penis

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, B00M said:

I was confused so thanks for specifying male dick.

What neighborhood do you live in? 

a central one. lots of camps nearby. do i want them there? no. am i angry that they have to go? also no. but they were still my neighbors anyway and they are human beings. i voted against, my wife voted for after some internal back and forth. let's see what tovo can do i guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

as opposed to not being weirdly whatever a male karen is called and having a normal looking penis

What color is the male Karen?

I know that’s important to you.

Please share!

44 minutes ago, Bottlecap said:

a central one. lots of camps nearby. do i want them there? no. am i angry that they have to go? also no. but they were still my neighbors anyway and they are human beings. i voted against, my wife voted for after some internal back and forth. let's see what tovo can do i guess. 

And the emoting commences.

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

Lulz.   So they get their hand forced by the voters and are doing something they should have done a year+ ago when this fiasco was already a fucking disaster. 

Clowns. 

Like maybe a home depot in Casars district.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

I think the bi-partisan nature of the vote has them scared. They've had years to come up with a plan to "fix" the homeless issue. They passed a Welcome sign, proposed to buy a few buildings at way over market value, and that was fucking it. They watched their actions turn a beautiful city into a shithole and still did nothing. 

The people said fuck you, we've had enough. And NOW they are finally proposing at least something that doesn't fuck taxpayers out of more money.

Fuck these assclowns. I want to vote every fucking one of them out of office.

They created an environment that somebody like fitlump could get elected. Her whole platform was basically fuck these tent cities and it worked. That alone should tell you how badly the city "leaders" fucked up.

We just voted all of the incumbents out of office in Leander who effed up our water situation. It felt good. Very very good. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

If things had only been applied equally, maybe I would have voted against it. Just because I have a home, that shouldn't preclude me from shitting, and throwing all my garbage, in the watershed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I was astounded that ~66K voted against the idea that their fellow humans shouldn't be allowed to just camp out wherever they want, trashing public and private spaces, shooting drugs, shitting wherever they please, setting fires, etc.

But then some feckless hipster wanders in here without a modicum of coherent thought and starts babbling about dick size and karens and race baiting and it makes more sense now.  He's the modal denizen of those darker blue precincts.  

you should film this rant in your F-650

this is a website that still openly and frequently uses the R word, so i can see why my posts triggered your small dicked brain

Edited by Bottlecap
  • Like 1

Guest Lobo

Romanis?  I agree, very insensitive.  

Inter-drifting con artists is the preferred nomenclature.  

Edited by Lobo

8 hours ago, Cajun said:

Me too my man.  I've been in the business of helping them and it's a soul crushing beatdown.  They used to be the majority of homeless in ATX, but no more.  They are a subset.  Most are professional homeless people who are as I've described above.  They aren't that hard to spot and they deserve zero mercy, compassion, and least of all our dollars.

Yeah I see a lot of those ablebodied crustpunk dudes panhandling, littering, heckling pedestrians, just being shitbags in general here. People I know that work in hospitals say they're some of the meanest & ungrateful patients they come across. It sucks because their assholery stigmatizes the homeless that truly need mental healthcare & a helping hand. 

9 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Lots of white male small dick energy in this thread. Keep it up boys!

5 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

So is she getting that energy from yours or hers?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, B00M said:

E0W84SJWYAEU71U?format=png&name=large

Would've been interesting to see how the vote would've gone if we went hyper-local and said the districts that voted against the camping ban will be allowed to have camping in within those district boundaries.

9 minutes ago, smoky said:

Would've been interesting to see how the vote would've gone if we went hyper-local and said the districts that voted against the camping ban will be allowed to have camping in within those district boundaries.

Along those lines, if Twitter is any indication, the bitter enablers want to punish the precincts that supported a camping ban by giving them homeless shelters/hotels. And apparently, this ban is repeating san fran's mistakes from decades ago.

23 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

So, Community First is building 1,400 new housing units for the homeless.

https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2021-04-30/community-first-expansion-to-create-1400-additional-homes-for-austins-formerly-homeless-neighbors

Oh, and unlike the city, they have a plan...”MLF's expansion is a significant step in the organization's "10 Year Plan to Miti­gate Homelessness in Austin" that it first shared publicly in 2017, which aims to produce 1,000 homes...”

That’s roughly 50% of our official homeless population. Of the remaining 50% what percentage are those that don’t want to be homed?

This is good. This is an actual solution and one that I’ve said should have been expanded on, which it appears it now is. 

I continue to be stunned by the fact that 42% of the population believes that endless camping in public areas is a better decision than actually trying to do something about the problem. And even more stunned by those who believe any person, regardless of their circumstance, should be housed by the rest of us. It truly is an Ayn Rand dystopian moment for the City of Austin and an extremely dangerous mindset for this country  

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I continue to be stunned by the fact that 42% of the population believes that endless camping in public areas is a better decision than actually trying to do something about the problem. 

One should never be surprised, much less "stunned", when it comes to the idiocy of many Austin voters. 

• Hook 'Em 1