RIP Jared Lorenzen

TexasMan

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

Man, that sucks. It was fun at times to tease him for his size, but it was probably a symptom or cause of some serious sickness. RIP big fella.

According to that report, he was up to 500+ pounds last year. Yikes. 

Sad deal.   We had some laughs with him, and at his expense, but that’s a reflection I’m not happy about today.  He had really worked hard to overcome some things, and his body just wouldn’t let him.   Sad deal.  God Bless he and his family.   RIP.  

34 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's a result of high blood pressure. Not sure if that's what caused his kidneys to fail, but it's a strong possibility.

Seems reasonable but my pea brain sees the kidneys as coming into play after the liver (blood) portion of the digestive system.

(I know wrong thread but if any surly drs see) 

3 hours ago, SDG said:

Sad to hear; I enjoyed watching his success.

That all being said; is kidney failure typically a result of being overweight?  

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

It's a result of high blood pressure. Not sure if that's what caused his kidneys to fail, but it's a strong possibility.

2 hours ago, SDG said:

Seems reasonable but my pea brain sees the kidneys as coming into play after the liver (blood) portion of the digestive system.

(I know wrong thread but if any surly drs see) 

It's either hypertension or complications of diabetes.

13 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

CSB warning

In 1998 I was being recruited by UK and took an October visit to watch a UK/S.Carolina night game.  I grew up in Florida and didn’t really know shit about any high school players outside of my home state.  While on the field, before warm ups, coach Morriss drags me over to this huge kid and says I want you to meet Jared.  He introduces us and tells me he’s already committed and I ask him if he’s a guard.  Fair question, so I thought.  Lorenzen, Morriss, and another coach I didn’t know (Leach) all start cracking up.  I’m confused and they’re like no QB.  Morriss says since I’m not from the area that they will cut me some slack for not knowing and goes on to tell me that he has seen him throw it 70 yards on a rope...Then leach leans in and adds, “from his knees”.  Jared just shrugged and had a shit eating grin.  Solid dude for the 24 hours that I knew him.  Definitely gone way too soon.  RIP JL

Spill the beans; where did you play?   

On 7/4/2019 at 8:11 PM, DaysOff said:

HeHateMe is the real HeHateMe?

Rod Smart is 3 years older than Lorenzen and was playing for Western Kentucky since 1996.  Even if he had taken a secret recruiting trip to UK in 1998, he would have already been familiar with Kentucky high school players.