Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It is a little weird. Is it immature pussification by players in the age of the portal, or arrogant bumbling by a staff with low emotional intelligence (EQ). Or, a little of both?

We'll find out, In the Long Run.

This place was a Sad Cafe all day but things have moderately improved at least, and I Can't Tell You Why. I was afraid it was gonna be a Heartache Tonight. I guess that's Life in the Fast Lane, eh Desperado?

If Eaton is the last decommit I think we'll be OK.  Guys like Fillinger and Pouncey aren't going to be replaced with equal talent IMO.

Like @Neonmoon said, this board was ready to laugh when it seemed like a done deal Eaton was going to aggy.

Nobody really expected Umanmielen to be in this class and his commit was a surprise out-of-the-blue thing.  

• Like 2

If Princely Umanmielen, and Josh Eaton potentially, are the casualties, please don’t lose sleep. The heart of this class is still intact, led by a group of guys that don’t understand the word ‘de-commitment.’ 

This is some Luigi level fucking aggy bullshit. Sometimes I forget how terrible all 9.95 sites are, not just texags. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

All of his highlights are at RB, but he was offered by Orlando. At 6'2, 200, I guess he's being recruited as a LB? Or a true RB2 behind Bijan with Ty Jordan playing more slot?

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

We'll find out, In the Long Run.

This place was a Sad Cafe all day but things have moderately improved at least, and I Can't Tell You Why. I was afraid it was gonna be a Heartache Tonight. I guess that's Life in the Fast Lane, eh Desperado?

What happens After the Thrill is Gone?

38 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Three...I think 

Yup. If all we lose here is Princely (a loss but not the end of the world, provided we get Collins as we then basically have our dream class from the very beginning with VF subbed for 🤴🏾) and Eaton (a nice space to open) AND if by some chance someone negative recruits Omeire I'll be OK with how everything goes. If the last wish doesn't come true oh well.

Edited by TheFlyingBoat
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

Interesting offer, but I certainly don't mind poaching a guy with potential from Rhule. His evaluations seems like they're awfully good. Since the offer came from Orlando, can we assume he's being looked at fro Rover or Mike? This kid runs angry in his film, so I'd think linebacker might be a solid fit after some teaching and development.

15 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

oh my god, those clowns sold the name of their podcast and don't have anything about Texas, football, rivals/247, inside jokes, anything?

i shouldn't be shocked, yet i am.

that is some truly shitty marketing for their podcast - i didn't even think Rivals could fuck up naming a podcast, but i was wrong. 

12 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

This is some Luigi level fucking aggy bullshit. Sometimes I forget how terrible all 9.95 sites are, not just texags. 

Except it's not total bullshit; losing the 4th best DL and 3rd best corner in the class isn't a big deal, these were two of the guys we could most afford to lose. Losing Pouncey and Fillinger would be a big deal, but Pouncey is 100% locked in, and we'll see about Fillinger. 

6 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Interesting offer, but I certainly don't mind poaching a guy with potential from Rhule. His evaluations seems like they're awfully good. Since the offer came from Orlando, can we assume he's being looked at fro Rover or Mike? This kid runs angry in his film, so I'd think linebacker might be a solid fit after some teaching and development.

Good prospect for the next DC, hopefully 

6 hours ago, campcrunk said:

Did this kids dad play at Texas?  One of the post on his offer is someone saying he played with this kids dad in Austin.  Could just be High School.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Except it's not total bullshit; losing the 4th best DL and 3rd best corner in the class isn't a big deal, these were two of the guys we could most afford to lose. Losing Pouncey and Fillinger would be a big deal, but Pouncey is 100% locked in, and we'll see about Fillinger. 

Yeah not like we needed any help at DL or DB given our phenomenal pass rush and coverage skills.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

12 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So it’s your contention that talent is the issue at those positions, and that the guys we are losing are an upgrade in talent?

6th Street doesn’t have a contention, other than that Texas football sucks, which is his posting mantra. Anyone who’s been around these boards long enough knows he is either a miserable, cuntwaffle of a human or a long game A&M troll (in which case, honestly mad props for the dedication). 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

6th Street doesn’t have a contention, other than that Texas football sucks, which is his posting mantra. Anyone who’s been around these boards long enough knows he is either a miserable, cuntwaffle of a human or a long game A&M troll (in which case, honestly mad props for the dedication). 

He’ll reveal himself in 20XX.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Wow I don't think anyone saw that one coming, I thought he was our most solid commit???

I guess I don't blame him for not wanting to sit behind Mason Ramirez.

We'll see more if things continue as they are (trash) and we'll see more if we make a change (relationships). It's more about how we perform after whichever decision is made

48 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Yeah not like we needed any help at DL or DB given our phenomenal pass rush and coverage skills.

Please explain to me how either of these prospects would meaningfully impact the play on the field anytime soon. Is Princely playing over Sweat, Carson, Collins, Ojomo, Warren, Mpagi, Broughton, Filinger, or even whoever we land in 2021? Is Eaton playing over Watson, Crawford, or Pouncey, or even whoever we land in 2021? 

These are long term depth guys who might not have ever played meaningful minutes, and we still might land Princely in the end if we want to 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

It’s one thing to be a little negative after recent events and it’s another to go around every thread rubbing your vagina in response to every post. If you are not going to add anything to the discussion I suggest you reapply your tampon and stay on the football board. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Interesting. Do recruits always hold their rankings when they hit college or is there room for growth and movement along the class? I.e, your “4th best DL” always stays the 4th best DL in the class?

What a suicidal view, to think you can afford to lose guys routinely because you are so sure of their potential and ceilings in high school.

3 minutes ago, naija said:

Interesting. Do recruits always hold their rankings when they hit college or is there room for growth and movement along the class? I.e, your “4th best DL” always stays the 4th best DL in the class?

What a suicidal view, to think you can afford to lose guys routinely because you are so sure of their potential and ceilings in high school.

Lol yea since Texas is developing talent at a terrific rate....

3 hours ago, Fud said:

I agree about Eaton, but I don't like losing Princely.

18 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I agree about Eaton, but I don't like losing Princely.

I think Princely would have been a good player as long as everything went perfectly smooth for him and team during his time here.  

But he strikes me as the type who would have been a headache/transfer portal risk at the first sign of a headwind. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, naija said:

I think these two very replaceable in the class, if not necessarily by position, then by prospect value 

1 hour ago, Fud said:

Or just replace them with an extra recover or athlete or LB

Receiver would be good, but I am not overly impressed with our haul this year. On defense, if Ringo is a possibility then Eaton really needs to go. And on the DL, we would be good if Collins joins the class. We still need a DL who can get to the QB, but I don't see that happening this year unless Prince rushes the passer more than dropping into coverage.