Austin Airport Parking

NoName

Going to be parking at ABIA for 7 days, looking for a rec for parking - either for an off site location or if i should just say forget it and park on site...

Noticed one of the hotels I am looking at will let you park there/onsite for an additional fee (basically $50) - throw in an uber to/from (like 2 miles away) and that is fairly cost effective as well.

• ABIA Blue Garage is $105
  • ABIA Economy is $56
  • Parking Spot East is $63 of $80 day of
  • Parking SPot West is $71 or $96 on day of

19 minutes ago, NoName said:

They are ~$92, any reason they are better than the other folks? at that rate, would probably end up parking on site at Blue Garage unless there is a particular reason @HornOnTheBayou

years ago i used the spot west, but that was before austin population blew the fuck up.  now getting in and out of the spot west is like playing russian roulette. i used park and zoom but every bus was full as shit and i sometimes had to wait for another bus.  i now use fast park.  hardly have to ever wait for a bus.

most every lot is full during the summer.  make a reservation so you don't get fucked on travel day.

and how long are you going for it to be $92.  last week i was gone M-W and my fast park bill was only $55.  this week i was gone sat-tue and it was $53.  

maybe get a membership???

Edited by crash_davis

Park and Zoom is the best quality, they run more vans than the others and so you'll have less wait time.  Parking Spot East is the cheapest but it's further out and they run fewer vans so your wait is longer.  Check for corporate discounts with Parking Spot, mine gets it to $5 a day at PS East.  Parking Spot West will often be full and turn you away if you have no reservation, East has always been open for me and I never reserve.  If I'm in a hurry I got to Park and Zoom, they will sometimes have the "Full" sign out but always let me in anyway.    

I have used Park and Zoom since they opened.  I use the valet parking, which is slightly more, but you get a bus picking you up immediately and taking you to the terminal, and you get dropped off first, with your car running, on return.  Especially good on a late return

2 hours ago, AustinMT said:

I have used Park and Zoom since they opened.  I use the valet parking, which is slightly more, but you get a bus picking you up immediately and taking you to the terminal, and you get dropped off first, with your car running, on return.  Especially good on a late return

define slightly

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Uber for longer trips, Fast Park for shorter

Short, to the point, and correct.

For 1-2 day work trips, I Fast Park.

For a week+ family trip, we Lyft.  Pickup at the airport is a bit more of a pain than before, but it's still quick and easy.

All these parking companies piss me off. While they say it is $9 per day, anything over a certain time period (i think 12 hours) is classified as a day. So arriving Monday morning and leave Tuesday evening ends up being $27 or whatever. Total scam. 

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I'm pretty sure the white zone is for loading and unloading only.  There is no parking in the white zone.  

Where the Fast Park shuttle stops to let us off at the terminal and the driver puts our luggage on the sidewalk is where he/she gets tipped $1/bag. Same in reverse when they pick us up and unload by my car at their parking.facility.

so is fast park better than the parking spot?  I’ve only ever used the parking spot and I have no complaints.  should I be using fast park?
They are pretty equal. I used to use parking spot but switched since fast park seems easier to get out off and has never been full or needed a reservation
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Ok, but most of the other shuttle passengers don’t.

Yeah.  I fly out fairly often.  It seems to be about half, and depends on whether they get help with luggage.  I always tip something, more if they help with luggage.

Oh, I use Park & Zoom

Edited by AustinMT