Antonio Brown's mysterious foot injury is severe frostbite

C-Man

17 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I’m not sure he’s smart enough to orchestrate something like this.

I say decent odds he never plays a down for the Pats.

I dunno, this seems all too similar to Moss' arrival in Foxborough. Randy was a diva that was totally checked out on the idea of playing for, oddly enough, the same Raiders...then he went on to have arguably the greatest WR season that we've ever seen in his first year for the Patriots. As others have implied, there's just something about how that franchise is able to mold the absolute worst characters into better men and better players, at least as long as they're on the team. Moss lightened up, Ochocinco lightened up, and I'm sure Gordon and Brown will do the same. I just hope they've elected to keep Thomas on as well because this is the kind of 4-wide tandem I've been dying to see for a quarter of a century...and as someone else said, this team was originally supposed to be run-heavy (or at least run-heavier-than-they-have-been-in-the-Brady-era). Fuck, that's hard to deal with if you're an opposing coordinator.

24 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

I dunno, this seems all too similar to Moss' arrival in Foxborough. Randy was a diva that was totally checked out on the idea of playing for, oddly enough, the same Raiders...then he went on to have arguably the greatest WR season that we've ever seen in his first year for the Patriots. As others have implied, there's just something about how that franchise is able to mold the absolute worst characters into better men and better players, at least as long as they're on the team. Moss lightened up, Ochocinco lightened up, and I'm sure Gordon and Brown will do the same. I just hope they've elected to keep Thomas on as well because this is the kind of 4-wide tandem I've been dying to see for a quarter of a century...and as someone else said, this team was originally supposed to be run-heavy (or at least run-heavier-than-they-have-been-in-the-Brady-era). Fuck, that's hard to deal with if you're an opposing coordinator.

I don't think this will be as seamless as Moss was.  Moss was never really a me-first, attention-seeking diva.  He had his issues, no doubt, but he generally kept to himself, cared about winning, was beloved by teammates wherever he went, and was incredibly smart.  His biggest problem was that he had no tolerance for bad coaching and losing and wasn't professional enough to play hard anyway (hence him completely checking out on Mike Tice, Norv Turner, and Jeff Fisher).  It wasn't surprising at all that he fit right in to a smart, disciplined, winning culture in New England.

AB, on the other hand, can't take a shit without posting it on Instagram.  He's a true head case.  I have my doubts that he'll buy into the head down, no distractions, team-first approach.  It'll most likely work for a year, but, when it's time to really get paid next offseason, I'd be surprised if he remains a Patriot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

It helps when the team doesn't need you as much as the player needs the team. It's like the Spurs in the NBA. C'mon down. We'll take you. But the minute you start fucking around with our culture, your ass it out on the streets. I also think this AB/Patriots marriage is for one season and one season only.

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

It's 2019 tho.

The mere accusation (no matter how incredulous) = conviction in the minds of many.

#metoo 

/noCR

That is kind of what I am getting out. Just being accused is the gavel coming down for the sake of public opinion. They don't even wait to play it out first. This shit happens a lot in the entertainment industry from scorned ex's and others way too often.

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also, a lot of women get raped by men that believe they can get away with it. 

And many bring false accusations because they know how trashed the man gets just for the simple accusation. The point is, to let it play out. But most won't at all. And by the time the truth comes out, they have moved on to the next flavor of the week story.

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Also, a lot of women get raped by men that believe they can get away with it. 

Duke lacrosse and UVA fraternities would like to have a word with you.

But let's not let antiquated, 20th century concepts like "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" get in the way of agendas and the PC police.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Duke lacrosse and UVA fraternities would like to have a word with you.

But let's not let antiquated, 20th century concepts like "due process" and "innocent until proven guilty" get in the way of agendas and the PC police.

Counterpoint:  Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Mike Tyson

Antonio Brown deserves due process but so does the accuser.  

It’s humiliating for a woman to come forward as a rape victim.  It’s even more humiliating when no one believes her.  

• Like 3

As a woman, I do try to believe other women but they make it extremely hard for me to take their side when they don’t go to the cops when the crime happens. Go to the police. Report it. Let them investigate. Except if you go to school at Baylor when Briles was there. Or Michigan State? Or a few other universities when FB is involved? 

Instead these accusers now go the civil route and instead of going to the police and reporting the crime when the SOL is still on their side, they sue for Money.

again it doesn’t mean her allegations are false but unlike other women who automatically believe because someone makes an accusation I can’t abandon my common sense and brand him a rapist just because he is accused. Especially when he’s never been charged with a crime. 

it doesn’t mean I don’t think AB isn’t an asshat because he is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Counterpoint:  Michael Jackson, Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein, Mike Tyson

Antonio Brown deserves due process but so does the accuser.  

It’s humiliating for a woman to come forward as a rape victim.  It’s even more humiliating when no one believes her.  

All of this.

AB deserves due process like anyone else. 

But we already know he's a selfish, entitled egomanic, and he's got some anger issues if he tried to fight his 50+ year-old GM in front of a hundred people.  So, no, I don't have a hard time imagining that he wouldn't take no for an answer when some "ho" didn't want to give him what he expected.  That doesn't make him guilty, of course, but he's not exactly a mild-mannered, gentlemanly guy that this would be shocking from.

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

As a woman, I do try to believe other women but they make it extremely hard for me to take their side when they don’t go to the cops when the crime happens. Go to the police. Report it. Let them investigate. Except if you go to school at Baylor when Briles was there. Or Michigan State? Or a few other universities when FB is involved? 

Instead these accusers now go the civil route and instead of going to the police and reporting the crime when the SOL is still on their side, they sue for Money.

again it doesn’t mean her allegations are false but unlike other women who automatically believe because someone makes an accusation I can’t abandon my common sense and brand him a rapist just because he is accused. Especially when he’s never been charged with a crime.

She is the victim of cruel poverty and ignorance. But, my pity does not extend so far as to her putting a man's life at stake, which she has done in an effort to get rid of her own guilt. Now I say "guilt," gentlemen, because it was guilt that motivated her. She's committed no crime. She has merely broken a rigid and time-honored code of our society, a code so severe that whoever breaks it is hounded from our midst as unfit to live with. She must destroy the evidence of her offense. But, what was the evidence of her offense? Antonio Brown, a human being. She must put Antonio Brown away from her. Antonio Brown was to her a daily reminder of what she did.

• Like 1