Jump to content
Mojo Hand

Popeye's chicken sandwich

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

I have made ground chicken and turkey burgers at home and they are fine.

This one has breading and I am sure is tasty.

I will give it a shot and let you snobs know.

Never had anything from P Terry’s I did not like.

I hear you, I do this also with turkey.  What I use is not what is usually ground in a chicken patty they probably get from Sysco or you get from the grocery store, they call that chicken parts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I hear you, I do this also with turkey.  What I use is not what is usually ground in a chicken patty they probably get from Sysco or you get from the grocery store, they call that chicken parts.  

P Terry's has always used fresh ground beef and hand cut fries, I don't see any reason to believe they'd be using a patty from Sysco or the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Who’s not always hungry for a ground chicken parts burger!!  🤮

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had PTerry's regular ground chicken burger and it's tasty. I imagine breading it and deep frying will take it to 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a double meat, double cheese Whataburger with grilled jalapeños, today. Doubt it beats that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Finally got one because lines and craze have died down and got it without mayo but put some Tapatio sauce on it and it was really good. Tried the Cajun sparkle first but found it doesn't have enough heat so I killed my wife.


Interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dislike P. Terry's solely for the people heading southbound on Lsmar trying to take a left in their parking lot back before the virus killed traffic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deej said:

I dislike P. Terry's solely for the people heading southbound on Lsmar trying to take a left in their parking lot back before the virus killed traffic. 

you mean northbound?  if you’re heading south pterrys on right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I might go get a Popeye's chicken sangwich for lunch tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, futureman said:

mayo on both buns.  color me intrigued. 

Color me grossed out.

Obliterate the mayo and the disgusting pickles, and make it Nashville hot, and you might have something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Popeye's has been great during the pandemic thing. People don't seem to realize that you can actually go in the lobby and order. I always get a kick out of driving up and popping in and being the only one in line, getting an order in just a few minutes and walking out with the goods to see the same longass line of vehicles still waiting for food.

Edited by DougO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

i must've gotten a bad one then.  consistency was like a mcdonald's chicken nugget. not spicy at all either.

It may be a preference thing. I didn't mind the texture, although since you brought it up Popeyes is a chicken breast while PTerrys seems a bit processed. So agreed Popeyes chicken is better. I like the spicy on the batter in PTerrys versus spicy in the mayo sauce. Last two times I ate the Popeyes sammich, the sauce was way to salty and seemed out of balance with the rest of the sandwich. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Golden Chick is throwing their hat in the sammich ring. Their rolls are quite tasty, and I like that this offering comes as standard without mayo (something called "Zing sauce" is the default).   

spacer.png

https://www.chewboom.com/2020/05/22/golden-chick-unveils-new-big-and-golden-chicken-sandwich/

In related news - @Steamboat1874  was arrested for public indecency while sandwich fucking in his parked vehicle in front of the Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

WTF is that comment?

can you prove that you weren't fucking a chicken sandwich in parked vehicle in front of the Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Paco said:

Does the P Terry's sammich come with their disgusting fries?

I used to think this way until In and Out lowers the bar. Both need to be tested for cardboard content. Shameful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steamboat1874 said:

WTF is that comment?

Referencing your insistence that Golden Chick in downtown Georgetown is a million times better than the Popeye's on University in Round Rock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Golden Chick is throwing their hat in the sammich ring. Their rolls are quite tasty, and I like that this offering comes as standard without mayo (something called "Zing sauce" is the default).   

spacer.png

https://www.chewboom.com/2020/05/22/golden-chick-unveils-new-big-and-golden-chicken-sandwich/

Went by the Oak Hill one for a late lunch and they don’t have them yet despite there being an ad for it on the menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DougO said:

Popeye's has been great during the pandemic thing. People don't seem to realize that you can actually go in the lobby and order. I always get a kick out of driving up and popping in and being the only one in line, getting an order in just a few minutes and walking out with the goods to see the same longass line of vehicles still waiting for food.

Considering the chances were pretty high of catching a bad virus from going inside a Popeyes before the Covid, I think I’ll pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Begun, the chicken sammich wars have.

And like arms dealers, we shall all profit.

so we are the arms dealers?  or the chicken dealers are the arms dealers?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, futureman said:

or the chicken dealers are the arms dealers?  

Chicken arms dealers? I could be wrong, but seems like a chicken wing sammich would be a little too crunchy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 11:53 PM, DougO said:

Popeye's has been great during the pandemic thing. People don't seem to realize that you can actually go in the lobby and order. I always get a kick out of driving up and popping in and being the only one in line, getting an order in just a few minutes and walking out with the goods to see the same longass line of vehicles still waiting for food.

Must be nice.  The location we went to last week had the lobby closed, since I had to wait in the DT line, I ordered two, fuck it, I'm a fatass. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Paco said:

Does the P Terry's sammich come with their disgusting fries?

Their fries are great. You just have to eat them right away. Some of y'all think that fast food should still be good 20 minutes after it has been made and steaming in a bag. You eat that in your car or at the restaurant, you don't take it home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bolero88 said:

Their fries are great. You just have to eat them right away. Some of y'all think that fast food should still be good 20 minutes after it has been made and steaming in a bag. You eat that in your car or at the restaurant, you don't take it home. 

Yup, I like their fries too, when they're hot and fresh.  They do have a very rapid "good-to-suck" decline, though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, utee94 said:

Yup, I like their fries too, when they're hot and fresh.  They do have a very rapid "good-to-suck" decline, though.  

Agreed on this assessment.  Fresh P Terry's fries are really good.  You have about 10 minutes to eat them, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...