Schadenfreude: laughing at the misery of Tennessee Volunteer fans

Horn Under a Bad Sign

After getting beat by Georgia State, Volnation.com  is a riot today.  Threads like "I'm entering the fan transfer portal"  etc...

https://www.volnation.com/forum/forums/tennessee-vols-football.6/

Because I have some former in-laws who are volunteers and who smack talked me during most of the 90s, this makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. 

16 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

After getting beat by Georgia State, Volnation.com  is a riot today.  Threads like "I'm entering the fan transfer portal"  etc...

https://www.volnation.com/forum/forums/tennessee-vols-football.6/

Because I have some former in-laws who are volunteers and who smack talked me during most of the 90s, this makes me giggle like a schoolgirl. 

But for for the Grace of God and Tom Herman, there goes us.

The embarrassing loss followed an offseason in which Tennessee spent big to upgrade its staff after Jeremy Pruitt went 5-7 in his debut year. New offensive coordinator Jim Chaney is making $1.5 million this season, while new defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley is earning $1 million.

Their new million dollar defense allowed  Georgia State to go 10/17 on 3rd down.

15 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

They hired an athletic director who pushed Frank Martin out the door, pushed the best women's coach K-State ever had out the door and tried like hell to push Bill Snyder out the door.  I'm completely shocked they suck now.

They didn't even let Currie make this hire. The whole thing was the biggest coaching change shit show that I have ever seen, and that is saying a lot.

21 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

Shrewd PR move today by the Vols.  Announcing they are offering the bullied t-shirt kid a scholly on the same day they reinstate their freshman all-american accused of threatening to slap the shit out of girlfriend and 'shoot up the  school'.

Pruitt really has learned from Saban.

Not about coaching, exactly, but nailing all the peripherals.

• 2 weeks later...