11.4.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

You never want to be a jack of all trades, master of none. Worked on condensing the game plan some.
Translation: we weren't getting it done by mixing in crazy/exotic blitzes with our base scheme and needed to simplify.

This week we're ONLY repping the exotic blitzes.

Todd promises me that simplifying will help.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Asked about using timeouts to ice kickers

A: nowadays those guys are trained pretty well. Can’t take the timeouts with you. Anything you can do to disrupt their process/routine might be helpful. Might as well try.

I'm not saying this is a right or wrong decision but in this day and age the kicker is probably expecting the timeout.  Almost more of a pressure situation to make them kick it the first time.

• Like 2

He stated our goal is to be "in the mix for a conference championship" and we "kinda put our backs against the wall."

Are we paying to "be in the mix" or actually WIN conference championships?  If we only want to be "in the mix", then we're overpaying for like, a lot:  coaching salaries, ticket prices, travel expenses to games, team apparel, etc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Not specifically Orlando but was asked what was the tenor of your discussions with your coaches

I guess that's as close as we're gonna get to "Did you fire that overpaid hack of a DC you brought yet?  You do understand that you can't put personal friendships above the program at Texas, right?  And that every day he still has an office in Bellmont makes you look like a total dipshit, right?  Right, Thomas?"

Here's what's gonna happen guys.  Three down linemen, Skyler will run for 150+ and even though our DBs should be a little better with Sterns and Foster back, they'll still give up big plays.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Our inability to adjust mid-season (or hell, even during a game) is mind bottling.  

5 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Here's what's gonna happen guys.  Three down linemen, Skyler will run for 150+ and even though our DBs should be a little better with Sterns and Foster back, they'll still give up big plays.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  Our inability to adjust mid-season (or hell, even during a game) is mind bottling.  

Three dudes getting stonewalled at the line, and all Skyler has to do is run right around them. Then we can laugh as Cook/Jamison misses a tackle and B Jones/Foster takes a terrible angle and dives at his feet coming up empty,

• Like 1

I'm not saying this is a right or wrong decision but in this day and age the kicker is probably expecting the timeout.  Almost more of a pressure situation to make them kick it the first time.

Has been a huge pet peeve of mine for awhile. If you actually compile the data, kickers miss more often when they have to run out on the field and kick it immediately. A time out gives them time to compose themselves and remember their preparation steps. Timeouts are stupid.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

Asked about bigger picture and the month of November

A: go 1-0 again K State. Doesn’t even know who we play after them

I'm not sure why he is determined to stick to these bullshit answers about not knowing our schedule.  It doesn't impress anybody, and it just is more evidence that he truly is in over his head if it is true.

His little 1-0 mentality would be a whole lot cuter if he could actually accomplish it

• Like 3