Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Why do you have to pay for half the movies and shows on Amazon Prime when you already pay for Amazon Prime?

It took a while but studios realised how much quality and popular shows and movies are worth, Especially as more people cut the cord. So now we get stuck with either crap or "original" shows. 

On 6/12/2020 at 7:40 PM, nnm said:

Freaking realtors. 6% to drive around and drink lattes while the proprietary MLS and title company do all the work. 
I’ll probably trigger a few on here. I don’t care. 

Most over paid service there is.  How many actual hours do Realtors work to sell a home ?  They get 3% of a $2m home for maybe 20 hours of actual work, and that's being generous.  As the cost of homes has increased the % should have decreased.  They aren't doing any more work, actually they do less now with the internet social media, websites, MLS, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This goes back to driving on the highway.

When driving at a nice clip there are people who race around you in the left lane to get two spots in front, just so that they get to the off ramp, which is less than a quarter-mile away, before anyone else.

As long as they don't slow down BEFORE the ^&*^$# ramp, IDGAF.

• Hook 'Em 1

I’ve been listening to books from Audible for well over a year now. Most have been the 40+ hour variety with a few shorter ones sprinkled in. Until yesterday I never paid attention to the sound the reader makes when he inhales between sentences. Now I can’t un-hear it and it’s about to drive me nuts. It’s like being in a Lamaze class but the teacher is reading a Tom Clancy book to me.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, deadshank said:

I've caught my share of Karen speed walkers / loud cell phone talkers pull apart the bag of lawn clippings left at my driveway by my lawn guy so Karen could stuff her dog's crap in it

you talkin about the big brown paper bags?  not your garbage bin?  I’ll never throw dog shit into a bin but a paper bag of grass is getting taken away in full.  it never even occurred to me that that would bother someone.  

On 5/28/2020 at 4:26 PM, Js1 said:

Jokes on you, I usually see how far I can lob that bag of shit onto your roof.  Bonus if it lands in your chimney. 

there is something very oddly satisfying about flinging a poo bag as high and as far as you can. 

2 hours ago, futureman said:

you talkin about the big brown paper bags?  not your garbage bin?  I’ll never throw dog shit into a bin but a paper bag of grass is getting taken away in full.  it never even occurred to me that that would bother someone.  

We're talking plastic bags.  Tie up to close type.

The offenders either place their poop bag on top (it festers and falls off; trash guy picks up bag of lawn clippings and leaves poop bag on sidewalk) or offenders untie plastic bag and put poop bag inside bag of lawn clippings and then exit stage left without re-tying the bag of lawn clippings (grass clippings fall out of bag, poop bag falls out of bag and now more offenders see open bag as low-hanging fruit as they now don't even have to go to the effort of untying a bag to dish off their dog poop bag).

So, yeah, it makes me surly. 

35 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why do I always put my keys in my left pocket when I fucking know I will be needing them in my right hand?

you dont want the jingling to attract attention when playing pocket-pool with your right hand

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

We're talking plastic bags.  Tie up to close type.

The offenders either place their poop bag on top (it festers and falls off; trash guy picks up bag of lawn clippings and leaves poop bag on sidewalk) or offenders untie plastic bag and put poop bag inside bag of lawn clippings and then exit stage left without re-tying the bag of lawn clippings (grass clippings fall out of bag, poop bag falls out of bag and now more offenders see open bag as low-hanging fruit as they now don't even have to go to the effort of untying a bag to dish off their dog poop bag).

So, yeah, it makes me surly. 

I hate dog shit as much as the next guy but putting in a plastic bag with a zip tie is about the dumbest fucking thing in the world.

Let's see......let it just just naturally biodegrade or put it in a plastic bag so it will last hundreds of years in a landfill?

1 hour ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Soon to be grandparents crafting their own names. Ex., recent duo wants to be called Lolli and Pop.

THIS THIS THIS. No. You get your "nickname" from what the kid calls you. That's how it works. That's how it always worked. Fuck your memaw privilege. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

THIS THIS THIS. No. You get your "nickname" from what the kid calls you. That's how it works. That's how it always worked. Fuck your memaw privilege. 

That's fair.  But if no children are around and you make references to people named "Mee-Maw" and "Pop-Pop", I get to hit those people in the face. 

On 6/13/2020 at 11:01 AM, NorthLoop said:

Why do you have to pay for half the movies and shows on Amazon Prime when you already pay for Amazon Prime?

I finally gave in a signed up for Amazon Prime unlimited music mostly because it would ask me everytime I turned it on. Now it asks if I want the family plan....

3 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Soon to be grandparents crafting their own names. Ex., recent duo wants to be called Lolli and Pop.

I have a preference, but i bet it ends up being whatever the fuck the grandkids want it to be.

edit: Cheeseweasel beat me to it.

Edited by Iceman

3 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I don't care what the grand kid calls me, just as long as the parents don't call me when there's a dirty diaper

Thee daughters, eight grandkids,  Been changing dirty diapers since 1976.  From the first diaper to the last it always nauseated me. Never got used to it.

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Why do I always put my keys in my left pocket when I fucking know I will be needing them in my right hand?

And somehow its always when I'm carrying a heavy box or bags of groceries. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You ever have one of those days where it seems like the whole world found out you had plans and conspired to make sure they don't come to fruition?

Wife is supposed to be visiting her family this weekend. Was gonna hit the road this morning. After ~3 months of being stuck at home together almost non-stop, I was salivating at the thought of a quiet evening with the house to myself, all alone. Grill a steak, drink some good beers, watch a nerdy sci-fi movie, play some video games...etc. Welp, shit came up with her job and now she's not planning to leave until tomorrow morning, if she even goes. Then some friends of ours suggest we go grab dinner since she'll be in town after all. Then a neighbor texts a second ago and asks if they can come over and jump in the pool this afternoon.

So, basically the exact fucking opposite of what I had in mind as of the time I went to bed last night. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 7

Every commercial on TV being COVID themed.  There's about 400 commercials right now with people in Zoom meetings telling everyone how we're all in this together and to stay safe.  Is there only one person in advertising making the exact same commercial for everybody?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tom said:

Every commercial on TV being COVID themed.  There's about 400 commercials right now with people in Zoom meetings telling everyone how we're all in this together and to stay safe.  Is there only one person in advertising making the exact same commercial for everybody?

Because we are in this together. Why don't you want to be in this together?

• Haha 1

When you order food ahead of time to be picked up at a certain time and it's not ready when you get there. 
Did this at a local pizza place once and the pizzas didn't even go into the oven until I showed up. They were Chicago style deep dish so it took a good 45 minutes.
  • Like 1