Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

SIAP but the 1st paragraph could easily come from a Surly poster..

It remains incredible to watch the people on the teevee respond to a speech from the President of the United States, breathing heavily and frequently slurring his words, as if another basically normal thing just happened. We spend our days now trying to decipher whether a former game-show host with a perpetual goggle-tan and zero impulse-control has a strategy to solve one of the most persistent and complicated geopolitical crises of the last half-century. Historians will marvel at this phenomenon, assuming we make it that far.

Goddamnit, he was never a game show host. He was a character in a reality tv show. It wasn't a competition, it was theater. The fundamental incapacity of the American public to distinguish the difference between reality and reality TV is a big part of why we find ourselves in our present predicament. If you watched Fear Factor, or Survivor, or Naked and Afraid, or any of the other bullshit fake shows pretending to be reality then you're part of the problem. You helped create the market that allowed a two-bit conman to sell himself as a successful businessman to the hoi polloi. 

33 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Goddamnit, he was never a game show host. He was a character in a reality tv show. It wasn't a competition, it was theater. The fundamental incapacity of the American public to distinguish the difference between reality and reality TV is a big part of why we find ourselves in our present predicament. If you watched Fear Factor, or Survivor, or Naked and Afraid, or any of the other bullshit fake shows pretending to be reality then you're part of the problem. You helped create the market that allowed a two-bit conman to sell himself as a successful businessman to the hoi polloi. 

feel better?

Strange rant.

Game show has a much looser definition than you portray. Nobody ever said a game show had to be a real competition for a prize, it can be staged bs too. They have refered to his show as a game show from day one.

https://extranewsfeed.com/trump-to-host-new-game-show-b085bfb303e4?gi=a3363e374e3b

I'd agree if you simply said paying so much attention to reality tv, making stars out of nobodies just because they agreed to be on tv, is at the root of our problems.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

amused jaw drop GIF

• Like 2

So tomorrow he'll be in Ohio for a rally and some of you have missed this gravy train.   

I gots mine.  

Trump Pop-Up Shop' has arrived in Toledo. The business owner travels the nation ahead of the President's campaign rallies selling hats, shirts and buttons.

TOLEDO, Ohio — We are now three days away from President Trump's visit to Toledo.

He's campaigning with his "Keep America Great Again" rally at the Huntington Center on Thursday night. 

Ahead of the rally, supporters are selling and buying Trump merchandise. 

"When I hire new people I tell them 'think of it like going to a concert. Except for politics. We're the merch guys," said Jeremy Boyts who owns "Trump Pop Up Shop."

Boyts traded in his suit for sneakers, leaving a job in financial planning to follow then-candidate Trump around the United States. 

"If you count the Mike Pence rallies and the Donald Trump rallies, it's been over 300 rallies," said Boyts.

The Springfield Missouri native's business features all the merchandise you'd need for a rally. 

Edited by TDunk
Video at link.

32 minutes ago, TDunk said:

So tomorrow he'll be in Ohio for a rally and some of you have missed this gravy train.   

I gots mine.  

Attendance at NASCAR has dropped to nothing. Those T-shirt vendors gotta sell crap to somebody. They follow the Trump circuit now.

Nice to know that drug testing is not a condition of employment for leadership....

President Sniffles erm Trump has a full slate today with a morning announcement on National Environmental Policy Act Regulations. Read the fine print in case there are any Love Canals coming to your neighborhood.

After his intelligence briefing (that aren't all that useful according to one GOP Senator who apparently didn't get the talking points memo) he will board a plane to Ohio for a rally. Will Jim Jordan be there? Will he go wholly shirtless this time? Let's hope not.

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

That story should run side by side with this one from CREW because you are paying for this too:

On November 7th, CREW flagged a massive spike in the cost of a room on December 14, suggesting that every less expensive room in the hotel was sold out, leaving only pricey suites. Presumably, rooms were taken up by donors to Trump Victory Committee, a joint fundraising committee of the Republican National Committee and the Trump campaign. The exorbitant cost is even more evidence that hosting fundraisers at the Trump International Hotel is one of the best ways to sell out the notoriously empty venue, sending donor money right into Trump’s pocket.

Lucky donors who managed to snag a room were also invited to the White House’s holiday open house, meaning that the cost of a room at Trump’s DC Hotel and donations towards his reelection included exclusive political access for the buyer. 

There’s no question that political spending like the Trump Victory Committee fundraiser has helped make Trump’s DC Hotel one of the few bright spots in his financial portfolio, despite it’s high vacancy rate. CREW has tracked 72 political events held at Trump properties during the Trump presidency, 40 of which have been held at his DC hotel. Trump Victory has been a particularly loyal customer for the DC hotel, hosting fundraisers in June 2017, September 2018, May 2019, and June 2019. The Center for Responsive Politics found that all the political spending at the hotel is paying off, totalling nearly $20 million since the 2016 election cycle.

Rate spikes like this have happened before at Trump’s DC hotel, on the Fourth of July and during a Senate Republican retreat in November; but at thirteen times the average rate, The Trump Victory retreat drove an unprecedented jump.

More info at link. Probably be cheaper just to send your 1040 straight to Florida.

• Like 1

Some people have a lot of time on their hands. 

lol The generals behind him look like they’re in a hostage video.

Especially the one on our right - look at his eyes darting all over the place.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall when those two guys discussed that mess in private.

17 hours ago, Lobo said:

Trump will die later this summer of natural causes.  

If he dies in office the deep state conspiracy nuts will go completely ape shit. It won't be a war between the states, but it will be a civil war.

Oh well, if the First Civil War was God's punishment for slavery, the Second Civil War will be God's punishment for DOTARD.

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

If he dies in office the deep state conspiracy nuts will go completely ape shit. It won't be a war between the states, but it will be a civil war.

Oh well, if the First Civil War was God's punishment for slavery, the Second Civil War will be God's punishment for DOTARD.

This.  If he dies at any time, his cult is going to go nuts, but if he dies in office or after the election when he's trying to con his way into another term there will be a wave of insanity from the right the likes of which we have never seen.

Edited by Biff Tannen

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I disagree, slightly. The Second Civil War will be God's punishment for the *Twinkie which indirectly led to DOTARD.

*'Nobody's Here Anymore'--artist, John Fogerty, album Deja Vu All Over Again.

He got the latest software
He got the latest hardware too.
He got the latest gizmo
Up in his room.
He's feeling so connected
But he don't talk to a soul.
He got a stash of Twinkies
Up in his room.

Add in cable tv programs like Fox & Friends and welcome to America.

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I disagree, slightly. The Second Civil War will be God's punishment for the *Twinkie which indirectly led to DOTARD.

*'Nobody's Here Anymore'--artist, John Fogerty, album Deja Vu All Over Again.

He got the latest software
He got the latest hardware too.
He got the latest gizmo
Up in his room.
He's feeling so connected
But he don't talk to a soul.
He got a stash of Twinkies
Up in his room.

Add in cable tv programs like Fox & Friends and welcome to America.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

These big strong senators were coming up to me with tears in their eyes.  Saying "Sir, Sir.  That was the best briefing I've ever seen.  In 50 years, I've never seen a briefing that amazing."  It's something, really amazing, beautiful. Everyone is talking about it.

A poem by Nebraska State Senator Ernie Chambers:

Trump's real retort was angry and curt; 

When queried about "dodging 'Nam", he did blurt - 

"You dumb S.O.B!

"Any shit-head can see--

"Had I NOT dodged, I could've GOT HURT!"

(Ernie is an old school, civil rights activist who has spent the last ~60 years pissing of white people in Nebraska.)