Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  It's pretty much a sure bet.

Problem -- to ACCEPT a pardon, you have to admit guilt.  That's going to put him in a real pinch with all of the places he gets money (okay, the non-Russian ones).  Another problem -- it only relates to federal crimes.  NY state law may have something to say.

Would Florida extradite Trump to NY? I can't imagine that something so plebeian as the extradition clause would apply to Him.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

23 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Say Biden wins and, eventually, Trump concedes.  Could he resign in December and have Pence pardon him?

I said a year or two ago on this board that I could see Trump resigning on the morning of January 20 and Pence doing just that.

Again, with Trump's decline since then, anything is possible.  It's also possible that assuming Trump loses in November, Pence will probably start to distance himself as much as possible from Trump between Election Day and the 20th.   Pence is still going to have to work for a living when this is all done, he's not going to burn every bridge out of town.

4 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Would Florida extradite Trump to NY? I can't imagine that something so plebeian as the extradition clause would apply to Him.

Maybe, maybe not.  Maybe some other state would.  Which is an awesome conundrum.  NY state issues arrest warrants,  and demands that any number of states arrest and extradite him.  Which would mean that DJT would have to carefully avoid going to any states that might arrest and extradite him.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

I don't think Trumpers realize how strong the state cases against Donald are in New York.  There's a War Room, a la "Billions", that literally reboots evidence every single week.  If he loses the election in November, he is beyond fucked.  There is even an FBI liaison attached to that case which will coordinate law enforcement efforts in the inevitable event Trump cultists begin violent action.  The only delay will be because of violent activity in the wake of his defeat, or of course---if he's re-elected. 

36 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

The Rudest Man.

OK, I know this is an opinion grounded in a naive belief that the structure of our Democracy means something, but who gives a flying fuck what the President wants the Supreme Court to do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I know this is an opinion grounded in a naive belief that the structure of our Democracy means something, but who gives a flying fuck what the President wants the Supreme Court to do?

It's all about pandering to the Evangelicals in an election year.

That, and the photo op on Monday.

43 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  It's pretty much a sure bet.

Problem -- to ACCEPT a pardon, you have to admit guilt.  That's going to put him in a real pinch with all of the places he gets money (okay, the non-Russian ones).  Another problem -- it only relates to federal crimes.  NY state law may have something to say.

Did Sheriff Joe Arpaio admit guilt? What about the SEAL war criminal? I could be wrong but I don't recall either doing so. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

49 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

The Rudest Man.

That'll get 'em to forget George Lloyd

It's Floyd, sir. 

No, it's not. Let's get an Executive Order making Jesus the national god ready to go next.

It's a capital G, sir.

Not for him, it's not. Let's get a photo of him holding The Art of the Deal by Me.

Edited by RomaVicta

36 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Pence is still going to have to work for a living when this is all done, he's not going to burn every bridge out of town.

He had a radio show. The Trump/OAN network will happily pay him millions to be on air or an executive sinecure.  They'll have tens of millions of cultists tuning in every day.

OAN provides Trump his safe landing financially. It won't keep him out of the clutches of the law, but he may die of natural causes before the courts rule on all of his obstructions. Ivanka, Don Jr, Erik, and Jared won't have that much time. I hope I live long enough to see them behind bars, broke, and humiliated to whatever extent the shameless can so be.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea, why would a POTUS tell his CHIEF OF STAFF, obviously not in the inner circle, anything about staffing issues?  

At this point, I would believe that Diamond and Silk knew more of the staffing issues than the Chief of Staff.

7 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

Exactly, that’s what hamberders(djt) are for.

f758e3415f2eb0f1254da49c940e875d

The CDC reports that prolonged viewing of a photo of rapidly cooling drive-thru hamburger sandwiches causes severe indigestion in laboratory mice. The CDC cautions against exposing humans to viewings of more than 30 seconds. In cases where a smiling shitstain can be found among the described "food," diarrhea can result as well.

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Interstate extraditions are routine.  Comity, full faith and credit and shit.

Edited by TwiceHorn