Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

59 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

It's the Daily Mail, so may or may not be true:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

What it's REALLY like to catch coronavirus: First British victim, 25, describes how 'worst disease he ever had' left him sweating, shivering, and struggling to breathe as his eyes burned and bones ached

Connor Reed, 25, an expat teacher from North Wales, lives and works in Wuhan

In November, he became the first British man to catch the deadly coronavirus  

Here he explains how he beat the illness that is sweeping across the globe

24 days to recover, but the idiot didn't take the medicine prescribed.

Also, ded:

25548116-8075633-image-a-3_1583358134864

Dumbass is lucky to be alive if that’s a true story. Not taking the meds because he “only” had pneumonia... that kills anyone of any age very easily. 

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Heard from someone who is in the know that there’s a confirmed case at Brackenridge. It hasn’t been made public yet.

Isn’t Brackenridge closed since summer of 2019?

https://www.kut.org/post/brackenridge-hospital-officially-closes-patients-move-new-teaching-hospital

Edited by Tailgate
  • Like 1

Anyone else think this week there would’ve been hell of a lot more fireworks stateside?

If it wasn’t for getting into a worst case scenario old folks home... we’d be sitting at 2? Maybe 3 deaths?

The entire northeast has like 8 combined confirmed cases

I know the number is actually higher because we haven’t tested... but I for sure thought the deaths would have jumped the way last week ended.

20 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

No, not Pan Am.  It was a Braniff flight.

My very first flight as a kid was on Braniff and we sat in the smoking section.  But I did get a free set up playing cards, so that was nice.

10 minutes ago, Hate said:

My very first flight as a kid was on Braniff and we sat in the smoking section.  But I did get a free set up playing cards, so that was nice.

ah the smoking section.  I remember that well.  They had little signs mounted between needle like posts so they could expand or contract the smoking section by pulling the sign up and sticking it down on the headrest of the seat where the new smoking section began.

I've been on a flight from Greece to Turkey that had live chickens in the cabin, that was fun.

1 hour ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

We should send a wreath to the first Surly poster who gets it. To show we care. 

No, a crowdsourced plane flying a banner over their home with a Powers Booth “Well... Bye” on it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

School district near Seattle just announced closure for two weeks. 
Microsoft telling all employees to work from home rest of March. 
I’ve been in Vancouver all week so the Seattle news is played On TV here (along with curling & hockey)

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

No, a crowdsourced plane flying a banner over their home with a Powers Booth “Well... Bye” on it.

Don't buy a new banner, just send one of the old ones.  I think a tasteful "Fire Tom Herman"  or "Not our standard" flying over a cemetery during the off-season would confer the sincere tenor of Surly grief.

"Well... bye" should be on the wreath so everyone can sign it.

Edited by Loco
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm at Great Wolf Lodge. Pretty sure the water in the park is 80% urine with the other 20% being Corona virus. Been nice knowing yall.

Remember that the chlorine you can smell is effectively inactive and doesn’t help.  So if it smells strongly of bleach you’re fucked. 

• Like 1

Aaaaaaaaaaand we’ve identified Patient Zero. This thing has actually been making its way around the globe for half a decade. Shit. 
Has it only been 5 years? I feel like it's been longer.

Didn't he touch kids' buttholes or something?

1 minute ago, Casual Encounter said:

“Clean Your Phones” should be added to the “Wash Your Hands” message. I bet a majority of people’s phones are disgusting.

Need an instructional video to go "viral" that shows how to use a bucket of hot soapy water and a brush to get everything clean...  don't forget the charging port!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Remember that the chlorine you can smell is effectively inactive and doesn’t help.  So if it smells strongly of bleach you’re fucked. 

I hear people say it that all the time, “There’s a lot of chlorine in that pool, smell it?” I respond with, “No, there’s a lot of bacteria in that pool.” A healthy pool doesn’t smell or burn your eyes.

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

I hear people say it that all the time, “There’s a lot of chlorine in that pool, smell it?” I respond with, “No, there’s a lot of bacteria in that pool.” A healthy pool doesn’t smell or burn your eyes.

This is how you tell the people who take care of their own pools from the guys whose wives are fucking the pool boy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

This is how you tell the people who take care of their own pools from the guys whose wives are fucking the pool boy. 

Pool boy is my side job.

*If anyone is looking for a pool boy, PM me pics of your wife. 

**I won’t clean your pool.

Edited by Casual Encounter
  • Like 1

I was at the 7-11 near campus and I heard some people talking about a couple of suspected cases around town. The guys looked official enough. Supposedly, the victims are a guy and his girlfriend who felt ill at the PCL and were taken to student health. Both live off campus with their parents at Circle C and Avery Ranch, respectively.

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I was at the 7-11 near campus and I heard some people talking about a couple of suspected cases around town. The guys looked official enough. Supposedly, the victims are a guy and his girlfriend who felt ill at the PCL and were taken to student health. Both live off campus with their parents at Circle C and Avery Ranch, respectively.

I'd be pissed if I still lived in Austin.  Those were two of my go to golf courses. 

7 minutes ago, Bevo said:

A story like that has got to be true.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Were they having Big Gulps?

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

School district near Seattle just announced closure for two weeks. 
Microsoft telling all employees to work from home rest of March. 
I’ve been in Vancouver all week so the Seattle news is played On TV here (along with curling & hockey)

Amazon and Facebook too

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

I was shooting craps outside a porta-potty at a tailgate and I heard Bryan Harsin has it. 

• Like 3

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away