Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

10 minutes ago, Loco said:

And if we had a time machine we could have gotten in front of this and not needed so many tests.

I love how travel from China is restricted, but flights from Milan are landing multiple times a day at our largest cities...  wonder why?

If I could turn back time

If I could find a way

I'd take back those bats that hurt you

And you'd stay (healthy)

Edited by El Diablo

7 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

Sooo...how do you fortify vodka?  Might be good info to have anyway, you know?

Or does that mean you just use everclear?  <Chappelle modern problems meme>

Seems like hand sanitizer and a small distillation column setup would do nicely. 5 oz of purell would yield around 3 oz of alcohol. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, achooloco said:

Points? Like license points? Where was that info? 

That’s fair and good points all around. 

It was Only a matter of time I guess. I work a block down from the westchester law firm dude so that isn’t great. Next 12-14 days should be interesting no matter what happens. 

I work 3-4 blocks from the Westchester Lawyer.  FYI, Business Insider basically doxxed the dude and his wife.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t even know what our industrial capacity is for this sort of thing. Once we have a vaccine, how quickly could we manufacture 100 million doses, say?  That would have to involve contract facilities all rowing the same direction, I’d imagine. What about vial and label stock?  Should we be ramping that up now or do we have sufficient inventory?  Would it be all corona all the time and manufacture of other vaccines is halted and inventory on those dwindles?  Like mmr and chickenpox?

could be some interesting ripple effects if we need to mass produce a vaccine. 

Let China do it.  They built an entire hospital in 45 minutes.  

San Diego. At least the navy can quarantine right? 

SAN DIEGO — AT&T temporarily closed six retail stores in San Diego after a retail worker tested positive for the coronavirus, a company spokesman said Thursday.

“A retail store employee in San Diego has received a ‘presumptive’ positive test for COVID-19,” AT&T spokesman Fletcher Cook wrote in an email to FOX 5. “The positive test has not yet been confirmed by the CDC. Out of an abundance of caution, yesterday we closed and deep cleaned several stores in the area that this employee or colleagues in close contact to this employee may have visited recently. Those stores will reopen today.”

The company closed and cleaned six stores in Chula Vista, Escondido, San Marcos, Oceanside, National City and Vista, Cook said.

The employee worked at the Chula Vista store, Cook told FOX 5. The additional stores were closed and cleaned “out of an abundance of caution.”

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Let China do it.  They built an entire hospital in 45 minutes.  

They might decide to keep the first 3 billion doses for themselves

plus, I’ve heard rumors for years about what goes on at their Coca Cola facilities. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Loco said:

an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, a stitch in time saves nine... etc etc

Are you new to life?  I can agree with your statement above when discussing individual accountability but not when it comes to corporations and or governments entrusted with our money.  History and experience tell me, more often than not, i'm gonna get fucked now and later.  

Plus we have 205 cases.  Don’t know why the pols keep underreporting.  

Anyways, St. Davids is ramping up.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/st-davids-chief-doctor-to-discuss-coronavirus-preparedness/

According to Mitchell, any patient that comes in to an emergency room or stand alone emergency facility associated with St. David’s, will go through an additional screening process. The patients will be asked questions to determine if they are experiencing symptoms COVID-19, such as coughing and sore throat. 

For any patients displaying symptoms, they will be issued a face mask. Also, anyone accompanying a patient displaying symptoms will be given a mask.

Additionally, any patient has recently traveled to any country the CDC has designated a level 3 country, such as China or Northern Italy, will go through a special protocol to be assessed faster and placed into a room with negative air pressure.

22 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

For fucks sake people

”Tito's Vodka does not want people using its liquor to make hand sanitizer 

The social media team behind Tito's Vodka has been hard at work telling people that its liquor should not be used to make hand sanitizer.

The Austin, Texas, based distillery has fact-checked Twitter users after numerous articles and YouTube videos have surfaced explaining how people can whip up their own hand sanitizer following a strain on supply across the US over coronavirus fears.

"Per the CDC, hand sanitizer needs to contain at least 60% alcohol. Tito's Handmade Vodka is 40% alcohol, and therefore does not meet the current recommendation of the CDC. Please see attached for more information," Tito's Vodka has tweeted.”

If you're going to use Tito's vodka, you might as well buy it from the same manufacturer that Tito's uses to produce the vodka but ask for a 60% formula.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RollLeft said:

Are you new to life?  I can agree with your statement above when discussing individual accountability but not when it comes to corporations and or governments entrusted with our money.  History and experience tell me, more often than not, i'm gonna get fucked now and later.  

Didn't the US gov't eradicate Polio ?  Measles ?  (lol antivaxers)  There are precedents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Luckily most corporations stand to make more money if we fix this shit now vs later.  MGM told all employees who feel sick to stay home.  They’re taking a major assfucking right now for the good of the team.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CleverNickname said:

I dont think Cloak Room containment strategy should be abandoned.  We have been successful in that strategy. However, we need to prepare for any eventuality and explore mitigation techniques if it becomes necessary. 

This is what it’s like when CR becomes real life.  Prepare your Anus (with hand sanitizer engineered from Tito’s).  

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This is what it’s like when CR becomes real life.  Prepare your Anus (with hand sanitizer engineered from Tito’s).  

Are we totally abandoning the cotton balls and oil strat?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

It's amazing to me that we had 6+ weeks to prepare and be ready for this thing and did absolutely nothing but hope it didn't come here.  How were we not mass producing tests for at least a month?

Because Christianity and Capitalism are not congruent and are in actuality Mutually Exclusive?

Owning anything before it's broken doesn't work in our system.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

It's amazing to me that we had 6+ weeks to prepare and be ready for this thing and did absolutely nothing but hope it didn't come here.  How were we not mass producing tests for at least a month?

CDC decided not to use the WHO test and create their own.  Then the tests they created had a manufacturing defect.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/health/coronavirus-testing-cdc.html

• Like 2

Just now, StruggleBus said:

Who here has confidence that this money will be used to help in a meaningful way?

If you don't think that turning it into profits for the fine people who run our largest pharmaceutical companies is "meaningful," you can turn in your America card right over there, good sir.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes because this sanitizes your ass while simultaneously getting the not too shabby benefits of buttchugging booze. 

You're the doctor...

*shrugs, grabs needle-nose pliers and heads off to the bathroom*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

for realz.  Given that bulk rubbing alcohol is long gone from the shelves, keep in mind ethyl alcohol is a valid substitute.  I glimpsed so where ethyl may be more antiviral on contact than isopropyl.  Everclear imo.  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You don’t think people would be interested in receiving the vaccine? I don’t follow. 

I'm simply curious how many people anxious to get the Coronavirus Vaccination have not obtained their Influenza Vaccination.

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t even know what our industrial capacity is for this sort of thing. Once we have a vaccine, how quickly could we manufacture 100 million doses, say?  That would have to involve contract facilities all rowing the same direction, I’d imagine. What about vial and label stock?  Should we be ramping that up now or do we have sufficient inventory?  Would it be all corona all the time and manufacture of other vaccines is halted and inventory on those dwindles?  Like mmr and chickenpox?

could be some interesting ripple effects if we need to mass produce a vaccine. 

the hard work isn't pumping out doses, the hard work is going from where we are today to a viable, working, publicly available vaccine. 

12 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

You fools are going to have the crazies cleaning out the liquor stores now.

https://www.fishersci.com/shop/products/ethanol-200-proof-100-usp-ep-acs-tax-paid-fisher-chemical-1/A4094

for when the liquor stores go dry. 
I suggest cutting it by half with water, and throw a couple of botanicals in. Boom 8 liters of moonshine/bathtub gin. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Iran Updates

The translated version of the text is: Publication Map #کرونا from Qom's origin to all over the country based on information published by the Ministry of Health; Why did you not quarantine Qom?

Trade down 18% is crazy

Edited by NoName

4 minutes ago, NoName said:

the hard work isn't pumping out doses, the hard work is going from where we are today to a viable, working, publicly available vaccine. 

Speaking of which, how realistic is it to create a vaccine for a coronavirus?  Has one been created for any form of coronavirus?  SARS, MERS, etc?  

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away