Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

42 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Sit in a cafe and sorry, most people are not paying attention. Just saw a hot young CoEd sneeze, wipe her nose with her hand, and then go and hug a friend. Yay stupid people! 

Anyone under the age of 45 gives zero fucks and is almost blissfully unaware of wtf is going on.

1 minute ago, staboner said:

i have one roll of toilet paper left. i also have some klenex, some of those moist wipe towellete type things wife always seems to have, and some garbage bags i guess. time to shit in the shower and SINGGGGG!

giphy.gif

Don't forget about the old socks you should have thrown out 2 years ago. 

From Reuters- 

(Reuters) - Twenty new cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in King County, Washington, health officials there said on Thursday, bringing the total to 51. 

“This is a critical moment in the growing outbreak of COVID-19 in King County. All King County residents should follow Public Health recommendations. Together, we may potentially impact the spread of the disease in our community,” the county said. 

Ten people have died of coronavirus in King County, and there are now 70 cases statewide in Washington state. 

$50 and my left nut says Mayor Adler and Casar are on their way to Seattle now to learn best practices for combatting Coronavirus/Homelessness.  

7 minutes ago, staboner said:

i have one roll of toilet paper left. i also have some klenex, some of those moist wipe towellete type things wife always seems to have, and some garbage bags i guess. time to shit in the shower and SINGGGGG!

giphy.gif

You wearing socks?

6 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Posted this on the politics page. 

Seems like King County is our Wuhan. But don't worry, COMICON shall continue as planned. 

Statement by a quarantined nurse from a northern California Kaiser facilityMarch 5, 2020As a nurse, I’m very concerned that not enough is being done to stop the spread of the coronavirus. I know because I am currently sick and in quarantineafter caring for a patient who tested positive. I’m awaiting“permission” from the federal governmentto allow for my testing,even after my physician and county health professional ordered it. I volunteered to be on the care team for this patient, who we knew was positive.I did this because I had all the recommended protective gear and training from my employer. I did this assuming that if something happened to me,of course I too would be cared for. Then,what was a small concern after a few days of caring for this patient,became my reality:I started getting sick. When employee health told me that my fever and other symptoms fit the criteria for potential coronavirus, I was put on a 14-day self-quarantine. Since the criteria was met,the testing would be done. My doctor ordered the test through the county. The public county officer called me and verified my symptoms and agreed with testing.But the National CDC would not initiate testing.Theysaid they would not test me because if I were wearing the recommended protective equipment, then I wouldn’t have the coronavirus.What kind of science-based answer is that? What a ridiculous and uneducated response from the department thatis in charge of our health in this country. Later,they called back,and now it’s an issue with something called the “identifier number.” They claim theyprioritize running samples by illness severity and thatthere areonly so many to give out each day. So I have to wait in lineto find out the results. This is not the ticket dispenser at the deli counter; it’s a public health emergency! I am a registered nurse, and I need to know if I am positive before going back to caring for patients.I am appalled at the level of bureaucracy that’s preventing nurses from getting tested. That is a health care decision my doctor and my county health department agree with.Delaying this test puts the whole community at risk. I have the backing of my union. Nurses aren’t going to stand by and let this testing delay continue; we are going to stand together to make sure we can protect our patientsby being protected ourselves.

• Like 5

19:53: 1 new death in Iran. The patient was diplomat Hossein Sheikholeslam, a former member of parliament and Iran’s former ambassador to Syria. He also played a role in the hostage crisis at the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in the early 1980s.

That nurse's statement, along with so many other stories of people being denied testing as well as not being given proper instruction should absolutely result in lots of terminations and litigation after we put this mess behind us, which will be much worse than what was necessary. Fucking idiots.

• Like 3

Two people traveling from other countries to the Philippines tested positive when they got home. A Taiwanese man came here with friends and had diarrhea 4 days into his trip so he may have been infected in Taiwan and spread it here. The other is a Woman from Australia and given the limited number of cases in Australia she may have caught it here.

A Korean  escaped from Quarantine 2 days ago and stayed in a hotel near me and ate at a local restaurant that I walk past daily. We don't know yet if he is infected or if the police caught him. Maybe I will learn something new when I go to breakfast.

I think the Philippines is going to have community spread cases very soon.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

That nurse's statement, along with so many other stories of people being denied testing as well as not being given proper instruction should absolutely result in lots of terminations and litigation after we put this mess behind us, which will be much worse than what was necessary. Fucking idiots.

The banksters went 50 to 1 on the value of the planet and rolled snake eyes.  Did 1 of them do any time?

Hahah, cannot make this shit up. Austin, you fucked... IF anyone wants to go visit with them you can RSVP for any of the events all around town. 

https://www.state.gov/state-department-announces-26th-experience-america-visit-to-texas/

The U.S. Department of State and the Office of the Chief of Protocol are proud to announce the 26th Experience Americatrip to Austin, Texas with members of the foreign Diplomatic Corps, March 8-10, 2020. More than 35 foreign ambassadors – representing countries across five continents – will join Chief of Protocol of the United States Cam Henderson to engage local business and community leaders and spotlight a vibrant American city. 

Spoiler

You are subscribed to Western Hemisphere for U.S. Department of State. This information has recently been updated, and is now available.

03/05/2020 05:25 PM EST

Office of the Spokesperson

The U.S. Department of State and the Office of the Chief of Protocol are proud to announce the 26th Experience Americatrip to Austin, Texas with members of the foreign Diplomatic Corps, March 8-10, 2020. More than 35 foreign ambassadors – representing countries across five continents – will join Chief of Protocol of the United States Cam Henderson to engage local business and community leaders and spotlight a vibrant American city. Led by the U.S. Department of State, Experience America connects foreign ambassadors with academic, business, community, and cultural leaders with the goal of building relationships to promote economic investment, commerce, and dialogue. Experience America takes diplomats out of Washington to show them our remarkable country and everything it has to offer. More than 100 countries have participated in Experience America trips since its inception in 2008. The capital of Texas, Austin is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States and serves as the center of an exciting range of academic, research, and technological activities in the American southwest. From the earliest settlers to today’s entrepreneurs, the American Dream thrives in Austin and has transformed the city into a global hub for technology, startups, and innovation. With pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies concentrating within the city in recent years, an increasing number of Fortune 500 companies have headquartered or launched regional offices within the city. In addition to a robust economy, Austin is a vibrant, high-energy cultural destination, home to many culinary, cultural, and historic landmarks that pay tribute to the people and traditions of the Lone Star State. Austin has Sister City relationships with cities in Australia, Brazil, France, Germany, India, Japan, Lesotho, Mexico, Nigeria, the People’s Republic of China, Peru, the Republic of Korea, Turkey, and the United Kingdom to promote cultural understanding and stimulate economic development. Over three days, participating diplomats will hear how research, technology, and entrepreneurship have transformed the region and powered innovation that changes and improves individuals, countries, and societies. Experience America will help to build relationships between the visiting ambassadors and companies and leaders across Texas, and in the process, open doors for local organizations eager to develop global partnerships and investment possibilities.

Edited by InkaUtexas

25 minutes ago, RayDog said:

Two people traveling from other countries to the Philippines tested positive when they got home. A Taiwanese man came here with friends and had diarrhea 4 days into his trip so he may have been infected in Taiwan and spread it here. The other is a Woman from Australia and given the limited number of cases in Australia she may have caught it here.

A Korean  escaped from Quarantine 2 days ago and stayed in a hotel near me and ate at a local restaurant that I walk past daily. We don't know yet if he is infected or if the police caught him. Maybe I will learn something new when I go to breakfast.

I think the Philippines is going to have community spread cases very soon.

To repeat what you said to make sure I understand:  it burned terribly when you urinated this morning?

Bethlehem fully locked down.  

Singapore not fucking around  - be honest where you’re taking you’re side piece, or go to jail   

https://www.pulselive.co.ke/bi/tech/singapore-is-working-round-the-clock-to-find-coronavirus-cases-lying-about-where/z6r8blw

Anyone who catches COVID-19 in Singapore can expect to answer a lot of questions about where they've been, and who they've met along the way.

If they don't comply, people can be put in jail for months or subject to thousands of dollars in fines. That is how seriously the southeast Asian city-state of 6 million takes its disease contact tracing.

"Contact tracing teams have been working round the clock" for more than 13 hours a day, tracing back the steps of anyone who's contracted the novel coronavirus, a Singapore Ministry of Health spokesperson told Business Insider.

57 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Picked up a few boxes of butt wipes at the Allandale H-E-B today. If I’m dying from this, my ass is going out clean and moisturized.

54 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Get a bidet. It will change your life forever.

The three seashells you Neanderthals.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

US won’t issue travel bans for South Korea and Italy.  

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/us-declines-to-issue-travel-ban-on-italy-and-south-korea-despite-coronavirus-fears

but yet our military has what’s pretty much a travel ban with South Korea, and. quarantine process for Us Navy ships that dock at Asian and European ports (they have to be at sea for 14 days before docking in America).   

Edited by atomheartbevo

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away