Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, CleverNickname said:

Cfr is case fatality rate. Deaths per diagnosed case.

Todays total SK numbers are more like 37 deaths on 6008 cases. Still 0.6%. But if many of those cases are in first week, the deaths could quadruple and we are back in scary 2% zone. 

That is one of their goals - with the massive testing, they are hoping to identify cases early on, get them out of circulation, and get them under medical care right away if necessary, rather than catching later in the illness.

I’m guessing we are going to be catching too many of them later on, either after they are needing hospitalization, or dead.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

Well, we aren’t cracking down on Italy, our latest source of cases, but they are doing something

”DHS denies 241 people entry at US ports, airports

From CNN's Geneva Sands

The US Department of Homeland Security refused entry into the country to 241 people -- 14 at airports; 227 at land ports -- within the past month because of the novel coronavirus, according to data provided by the department. 

The figures provided by DHS were recorded from February 2 to March 3. The department did not provide a breakdown by country for those who were refused entry at airports. 

Another 106 foreign nationals were denied entry before arriving in the US at pre-clearance airports, where US Customs officials conduct screening overseas. 

The department is tasked with screening passengers that are subject to the President's travel restrictions from China and Iran. At the beginning of February, the United States began implementing stringent travel restrictions in an effort to contain the coronavirus outbreak. Most foreign nationals who visited China in the 14 days before their arrival to the United States are denied entry. That was expanded last week to include Iran. “

5 minutes ago, LABEVO said:

Put in my Whole Foods delivery order to stock up food for 2+ weeks. I gave up alcohol for 2020 but now regretting that decision 

I did that for Lent a few years ago. I failed to check the calendar to see our Spring Break trip to Hilton Head.  Sucked but I did make it to the end of Lent.

Fucking guy behind me must have been holding his cough in for the first hour of the flight and now he can’t stop...right in my ear. Woman next to me is coughing and can’t really talk loud and asked me softly to ask the flight attendant if they have any Rolaids. FML.

The anxiety is real.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Fucking guy behind me must have been holding his cough in for the first hour of the flight and now he can’t stop...right in my ear. Woman next to me is coughing and can’t really talk loud and asked me softly to ask the flight attendant if they have any Rolaids. FML.

The anxiety is real.

So you get on a plane in the middle of this shit storm, and you are surprised at the results?

Are you also surprised when you stick your hand into an open flame and get burnt?

Stupid is as stupid does. Are you a SXSW exec per chance?

This goes for all of you dumbshits boarding planes over the next couple of months. 

Mind bottling

Edited by MissingInAction

7 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

The anxiety is real.

Damn.  giphy.gif

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

The anxiety is real.

Sorry, I was dipping and swallowed a bit which caused  the cough.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

The anxiety is real.

season 5 ghost GIF by Power

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

So you get on a plane in the middle of this shit storm, and you are surprised at the results?

Are you also surprised when you stick your hand into an open flame and get burnt?

Stupid is as stupid does. Are you a SXSW exec per chance?

This goes for all of you dumbshits boarding planes over the next couple of months. 

Mind bottling

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

Ive developed a cough starting on Tuesday. Been chugging these zinc tablets and cough is gone. Not sure I stopped coughing because I have zinc chalk buildup in my lungs or it wasn’t Corona. 

You are safe against corrosion if you back yourself up into a body of salt water

Edited by ClubWhatever

2 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Ive developed a cough starting on Tuesday. Been chugging these zinc tablets and cough is gone. Not sure I stopped coughing because I have zinc chalk buildup in my lungs or it wasn’t Corona. 

Got mine at home ready to go.

Dumb question:  I’m having a little argument with my father.  What constitutes an underlying health issue?  He smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years and had quintuple bypass surgery 7 years ago.   He also has diabetes which requires daily insulin injections.  If he croaked in this deal, would he be listed as having underlying health issues?

Just now, conVINCEd said:

Dumb question:  I’m having a little argument with my father.  What constitutes an underlying health issue?  He smoked 2 packs a day for 40 years and had quintuple bypass surgery 7 years ago.   He also has diabetes which requires daily insulin injections.  If he croaked in this deal, would he be listed as having underlying health issues?

Yep

Just now, Tailgate said:

Got mine at home ready to go.

Nice. My wife spent ~ $1k at Randall’s last month after it was announced the two locations in The Woodlands were closing and everything was going on sale. 

I thought it was quite excessive but one thing that was 90% off was the zinc stuff. We have like 6 bottles of it now. Talk about fortuitous timing.  

4 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Yes

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away