CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 hours ago, softlynow said:

If we get a Biden administration, he better not pull a Ford, and issue pardons and so on. Heads need to fucking roll. We should need a new supermax or ten just for all these people. Otherwise, the republic is done with the next GOP victory. 

Simple solution. Put Warren as Attorney General with the simple directive of prosecuting any who broke the fucking law. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Man, I know we all want to believe that.  And I wouldn't put it past him to try, but you can't have a full secret service detail living in a foreign country full time.  They can stay for moderate duration visits as a matter of diplomatic course, but no foreign nation would allow agents of the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security to just  "live" for years on end within their borders even if it was at an embassy.  Best case he could hope for would be an overseas U.S. military installation (or as he likes to refer to them in the aggregate "From these Forts").  

He will hide out at Mar-a-Lago giving speeches in "friendly" cities and pretending he's making plans to put his tremendous presidential library at the best universities with the best words.  

I still bet dollars to donuts that DeSantis makes an announcement that Florida Atlantic will be the home of the Trump Presidential Library.  It's 20 miles from Mar-a-Lago, 11 of the 16 Board of Governors members are Trump/DeSantis supporters.  It would bring immediate prestige, laughable as that sounds to us now, to a quickly emerging FAU campus.  UF, FSU, FIU.---their Presidents and alumni groups would oppose it.  Plus Trump wouldn't like the long trips to get there to steal money out of the gift shop cash register.  A place like UCF would be perfect, white trash commuter school where most people have criminal backgrounds.  But again, too far.  Nope, either it's FAU or it's simply built on private lands away from anything like Reagan's.  

One of my favorite quotes from one of the old boards was someone who went to the UT-UCF in Orlando and described the UCF fans at the game as looking like they had just got back from a weekend of tubing down the Guadalupe River. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

By this time next year trump and his crime crew will be living in a Russian embassy somewhere. DeSantis won’t be able to protect him from shit but big daddy Putin can. 

Putin isn't going to do shit for Trump once Trump's no longer useful to him. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

One of my favorite quotes from one of the old boards was someone who went to the UT-UCF in Orlando and described the UCF fans at the game as looking like they had just got back from a weekend of tubing down the Guadalupe River. 

They were a shitshow.  They could give Ohio State a run for their money.  I went to that game with my newlywed wife and thought, "Can't be any worse than Columbus."  It was pretty damn close.  We walked out of this pre-game event in their student center to hoof it for about 10 minutes to their new stadium (that almost caught on fire during that lightning storm).  And there was a line of "fans" and students from their student center to the stadium standing there just to taunt us/flip the bird/yell vulgarities.  I found it amusing but most of our group were much older folks and it was extraordinarily shitty of them.  I remember leaving the game back to our car and we walked through this grassy area between academic buildings that kinda reminded me of UT's East Mall.  And there was a Orlando P.D. car rolled up on the sidewalk with two guys pinned down on the hood getting arrested like an episode of "Cops" and not a single person was remotely phased by any of it except my wife who had never been to the Sunshine State.  I had gone to school near UCF years before and I just shrugged off the whole day  like, "Yeah, it's Florida.  Sorry, I shoulda warned you.  You think it's all South Beach and Epcot and Margaritas on Key West.  It ain't, this is it.  This is what the whole state is like."  

Alright, back to Covid talk. 

1 hour ago, Rabidhorn said:

Lou Holtz wants football to go on, an old rich white catholic wants the sport with 75% non white players to go on, imagine that? Lou is a fucking idiot, but you already knew that.

Lou actively campaigned for trump in 2016. Along with Bobby Bowden. Fuck both of them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Nsiap

Now, if only someone would hurry up with the equivalent to the Holy Handgrenade of Antioch!

(Our president would just count to seven and blow his own hand off. But then there might be rejoicing and feasting on lambs, sloths, anchovies, and breakfast cereals. But no orangutans.)

11 hours ago, softlynow said:

If we get a Biden administration, he better not pull a Ford, and issue pardons and so on. Heads need to fucking roll. We should need a new supermax or ten just for all these people. Otherwise, the republic is done with the next GOP victory. 

Yep.  If you don't punish the perpetrators to the extreme, they will just do it again.  Shit, the way this country votes, we may only have 2 years, assuming Dems take the Senate of course.  Speaking of, if Rs hold on to the Senate, wtf is Biden going to do?  Just try and EO the country back to sanity?

On 8/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, Captainant said:

Florida sheriff bans deputies and visitors from wearing masks

"We can debate and argue all day of why and why not. The fact is, the amount of professionals that give the reason why we should, I can find the exact same amount of professionals that say why we shouldn’t"

I bet he's counting by volume.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Yep.  If you don't punish the perpetrators to the extreme, they will just do it again.  Shit, the way this country votes, we may only have 2 years, assuming Dems take the Senate of course.  Speaking of, if Rs hold on to the Senate, wtf is Biden going to do?  Just try and EO the country back to sanity? 

Yep, very legal and very cool. 

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Man, I know we all want to believe that.  And I wouldn't put it past him to try, but you can't have a full secret service detail living in a foreign country full time.  They can stay for moderate duration visits as a matter of diplomatic course, but no foreign nation would allow agents of the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security to just  "live" for years on end within their borders even if it was at an embassy.  Best case he could hope for would be an overseas U.S. military installation (or as he likes to refer to them in the aggregate "From these Forts").  

He will hide out at Mar-a-Lago giving speeches in "friendly" cities and pretending he's making plans to put his tremendous presidential library at the best universities with the best words.  

I still bet dollars to donuts that DeSantis makes an announcement that Florida Atlantic will be the home of the Trump Presidential Library.  It's 20 miles from Mar-a-Lago, 11 of the 16 Board of Governors members are Trump/DeSantis supporters.  It would bring immediate prestige, laughable as that sounds to us now, to a quickly emerging FAU campus.  UF, FSU, FIU.---their Presidents and alumni groups would oppose it.  Plus Trump wouldn't like the long trips to get there to steal money out of the gift shop cash register.  A place like UCF would be perfect, white trash commuter school where most people have criminal backgrounds.  But again, too far.  Nope, either it's FAU or it's simply built on private lands away from anything like Reagan's.  

FAU = "Find Another University"

• Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, Lobo said:

My guess it’ll be at Trump Tower, Maralago, or The private land idea. He won’t give up the opportunity to develop himself to squeeze one last mega-grift out of the American people.

There will be no actual ‘library’. No study. No mission. No Introspection. It’ll be a shrine to himself.

A la:

maxresdefault.jpg

@Biff Tannen knows what’s up.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

No.  You have your minority leader(s) of the separate chambers come up with common sense moderate bills and propose those to the other side.  When they hem and haw and do nothing you attack them in the press relentlessly pointing  out their slow play and disregard for legislation that benefits the American people. 

Edited by Macanudo
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

No.  You have your minority leader(s) of the separate chambers come up with common sense moderate bills and propose those to the other side.  When they hem and haw and do nothing you attack them in the press relentlessly pointing  out their slow play and disregard for legislation that benefits the American people. 

Oh good. That should work. No problem. 

I think what you meant to type is “we will be fucked”. 

This thread looks at the numbers across multiple areas with breakouts. Almost no where gets over 20% antibodies. I think existing T cell immunity is the reason. If that hypothesis is right, large parts of our country are essentially done with this. 

14 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

This thread looks at the numbers across multiple areas with breakouts. Almost no where gets over 20% antibodies. I think existing T cell immunity is the reason. If that hypothesis is right, large parts of our country are essentially done with this. 

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200813/swedens-no-lockdown-policy-didnt-achieve-herd-immunity

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

I’ve been leaning this way well before this turn in the narrative.

But in summary...

“It could explain everything and it could explain nothing,” Crotty said.  

OK. 

And it’s a right wing theory I guess? Makes it bad. The guy I retweeted is a Harvard Business School and Cal-Berkeley alum with pic of himself and Bill Clinton and George W in his profile. A real looney tunes mofo. Take off the partisan blinders. Again, this is potential good news. 

Maybe one of the posters here could answer a question I’ve posted a couple times. Is there anywhere in the world that had a major corona breakout that has subsequently had another flare? Say ~25% of the deaths. 

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

We’re getting a lecture in T cell immunity from:

Yinon Weiss

Founder / CEO at Stress-Free Auto Care

Just like the unlicensed ophthalmologist who was peddling bitcoins when the pandemic started.

A couple things, you’re arguing with the credentials of the source, but do you have anything to say about the actual content within the conversation? 

Also, you have to be smart af to be an ophthalmologist. 

And, Bitcoin is awesome. 

A couple things, you’re arguing with the credentials of the source, but do you have anything to say about the actual content within the conversation? 

And, Bitcoin is awesome. 

For me, I’ll stick with people who treat a hypothesis as a hypothesis, and acknowledge the limitations of same. And who look for all potential variables. You know, the scientific method.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

And, Bitcoin is awesome. 

How dumb do you have to be to lose your license?  Dumb af.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

How dumb do you have to be to lose your license?  Dumb af.

He made a bunch of money in cryptocurrency and moved into investing there. If I had done the same I wouldn’t have bothered maintaining my license either. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

For me, I’ll stick with people who treat a hypothesis as a hypothesis, and acknowledge the limitations of same. And who look for all potential variables. You know, the scientific method.

Missed the past where you brought any data or info up to dispute or disprove the hypothesis, Mr Nye. 

Here’s a thread from the scientist involved in some of the papers that the executive editor of Autotrader is misrepresenting. I guess it’s possible he is wrong about his own papers.

Why would you listen to a....
Scientist...
About science...
That he actually personally researched?
Go with the Autotrader dude, for sure. He’s definitely got it figured out over the scientist.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Dispute or disprove? So, you have NO idea how the scientific method works, that seems clear.

Jesus. We’re on fucking Surly Horns. Ok. Here’s my hypothesis. 

Locations that have had significant outbreaks (positive serology >12%) have passed the peak of the Corona pandemic and will only have very small numbers of cases going forward. Whether they’ve reached “herd immunity” I can’t say for sure. 

You can test my hypothesis by looking at all such regions and following to see if any have had subsequent outbreaks leading to large amounts of new deaths and cases as they’ve reopened to various extents. Hopefully someone is looking into that. 

At this point I believe (obviously) there’s a compelling case for my hypothesis.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:55 PM, Biff Tannen said:

Trump hasn't done shit legislatively, except the tax cut.  Everything has been by executive fiat and appointing cronies and shitheads to executive agencies.

Biden's appointments are going to do more than anything to restore norms and normalcy.

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Trump hasn't done shit legislatively, except the tax cut.  Everything has been by executive fiat and appointing cronies and shitheads to executive agencies.

Biden's appointments are going to do more than anything to restore norms and normalcy.

Add DC and PR statehood and Trump in Sing Sing til he croaks and we can move on. Anything short of that and the damage he’s done to our traditions means the next GOP potus has a blueprint to a dictatorship.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Interesting citation.  Looks to me to be the same guy:

• Yinon Weiss
  •  2nd degree connection2nd
  • Yinon has a account

Founder / CEO at Stress-Free Auto Care

• Palo Alto, California 
  •  
  • 500+ connections 

I don't know about you, but I would certainly trust my health to an auto parts guy.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I’ve been leaning this way well before this turn in the narrative.

But in summary...

“It could explain everything and it could explain nothing,” Crotty said.  

OK. 

And it’s a right wing theory I guess? Makes it bad. The guy I retweeted is a Harvard Business School and Cal-Berkeley alum with pic of himself and Bill Clinton and George W in his profile. A real looney tunes mofo. Take off the partisan blinders. Again, this is potential good news. 

Maybe one of the posters here could answer a question I’ve posted a couple times. Is there anywhere in the world that had a major corona breakout that has subsequently had another flare? Say ~25% of the deaths. 

As long as you're looking for examples, why not try Vietnam or New Zealand?  Can you tell me now many deaths they've had between them?