2020 Dems: Iowa (how it works and what to look for)

bad_teammate

So what's it gonna do this year? 

Fuck if I know. Highly dependent on eventual Dem nominee.

The underlying theme is that people here like “outsiders”. Big reason Pete did well tonight, and why both Obama and Trump did well.

The Trumpers aren’t swayed by anything, but there were a lot of moderates that went third party or sat out in ‘16 that are sick of Trump and they’ll be voting for whomever the Dem nominee is.

Biden will 100% not win this county. Every other Dem has a shot. Pete would very likely carry it. Klobuchar too.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Let’s just say that this doesn’t inspire too much confidence that some sort of fuckery isn’t going on behind the scenes . What a shit show

Doubt it. At least with the caucus system everything happens out in the open creating thousands of witnesses.

• Like 2

What will we do without Iowa to pre-select the candidates for the nation nine months before the general election and 6 months before the conventions? What will become of us if we lose this brilliant system?

It's all so dumb. NPR went wall to wall today from Iowa. I couldn't keep it on for more than a minute. In the morning drive, they had a fucking folk duo in their studio playing tunes.

I'm going to cave in my skull if I keep slapping my forehead this year.

• Like 1

Awesome story on The Majority Report.

A guy just called in and said that he was a precinct captain for Bernie in a place with 2 delegates. Bernie didn't make the threshold, but he stuck around because he had been trained on how it went but no one else knew how to do this shit. So they elected him as a delegate even though his candidate was not viable and he is unbound to any candidate at the county convention.

Pete and Warren won the vote, Bernie didn't make it to the 2nd round, but because no one else knew how it worked, they voted for a Bernie guy to take 1 delegate slot.

He doesn't know if the other delegate is going to vote for Pete or Warren at the county convention, and he tried to get all of his people over to Warren.

DEMOCRACY!

the guy just called in to CNN while he was on hold to report the numbers for his area, saying he was on hold for over an hour, then while he's talking to blitzer they pick up the line, and this dude takes his sweet time saying sorry Wolf i have to report my numbers, while the lady is on the other line repeatedly asking "hello are you there?".

After 3 asks she hangs up on him while he's still on the phone with CNN. LMFAO

slower than all y'all, but holy shit that was great

Edited by cam4mav
slow
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guy said he was on hold for an hour, then while talking to Wolf they finally pick up. While he’s hanging up w Wolf, he gets hung up on and has to start over. uh maze ing

I actually had a premonition it would happen not the hang up but that he’d come off of hold while taking to the wolf man and that made it that much more amazing. We were talking about how cnn was pure comedy right now and that moment was its finest.
  • Like 1

Warrens camp already questing the potential results. I would now regardless of which camp I’m in.. I got a feeling that there will be tons of animosity that comes from this and should make the next set of debates a blood bath that will thin the herd so to speak.

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

Warrens camp already questing the potential results. I would now regardless of which camp I’m in.. I got a feeling that there will be tons of animosity that comes from this and should make the next set of debates a blood bath that will thin the herd so to speak.

Fuck this shit. The results will be fine and fair. Let's just get them in. Leave the conspiracy theories to Trumpkins. 

9 minutes ago, sachick said:

May vote for Amy. She’s smart enough to figure out it’s a cluster fuck so just came out gave a speech to be able to move on with her night.

Yep, she just got a free coverage for a decent length speech by going first. 

• Like 1