Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

4 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Ever been to Jim Morrison's grave? Yeah, if they ever make the location known to the public, it'll be like that...but covered in shit, piss, blood, and any other discharge from a human body you can imagine.

Goddamn right. 

I stopped short of saying there would be a line to desecrate his grave, but if it's published and known that's exactly what I expect. Piss bombs galore. Flaming bags of shit and a neverending series of profane graffiti tags.

Rest in peace?

He won't get any. He can laugh at the haters but he's still dead and the living can laugh right back.

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What single positive impact did he have on the world?

Proved that you could quit/ be fired from multiple jobs and still reach unprecedented success in  a given field( insert comment here)

Again, I have multiple issues with the way he lived his personal life.  Dude did achieve some wild shit, beyond politics.

4 hours ago, formermav43 said:

I'm not arguing the second sentence. It's the first one. No church actually teaches that, and no one that I have ever encountered seriously believes it.  It's folklore. It's a setup for jokes. It's the sort of thing a non-religious person might think a Christian believes, but they don't.

Anyway, enough of a threadjack.

Maybe you should get out more. The notion that the saved delight in the torment of the damned has been around for centuries.

https://rts.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Johnson-Seeing_Hell.pdf

Luke 16:19-25

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. 20 And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21 who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man’s table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. 22 The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham.[a] The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. 24 He called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony. 

My interpretation is that Abraham is saying, “Suck it, Rush.”

• Like 1

When I went out on trouble calls with my pops as a kid, Limbaugh was on every trip.  He was pissing poison in people's ears back then and he kept it up until the Big C finally booted him off the planet today.   

You listen to other conservative talking heads and they've all adopted the same Limbaugh-isms.  It's a constant pushing of "Liberals hate you.  They want you to die.  They really believe you're evil and want to eradicate you and your way of life!" 

And just like pretty much everything in America, it's all a fucking grift.  I can't tell you how many otherwise decent people I know who have had parts of their brain rotted away by listening to this stuff day in and day out.  And that isn't to say there aren't people like Limbaugh on the left, but that motherfucker was Patient Zero on infecting our political landscape and lighting the rocket of extremism. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

28 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Maybe you should get out more. The notion that the saved delight in the torment of the damned has been around for centuries.

The Rich Man and Lazarus

19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and who feasted sumptuously every day. 20 And at his gate lay a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores, 21 who longed to satisfy his hunger with what fell from the rich man’s table; even the dogs would come and lick his sores. 22 The poor man died and was carried away by the angels to be with Abraham.[a] The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was being tormented, he looked up and saw Abraham far away with Lazarus by his side. 24 He called out, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am in agony in these flames.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your lifetime you received your good things, and Lazarus in like manner evil things; but now he is comforted here, and you are in agony. 

Not what I was talking about, which was the whole interview with St. Peter thing. You have a bad habit of replying without reading carefully.

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The Rich Man and Lazarus

In life, unfairly vilified and misunderstood.  No creature of god’s creation deserves this kind of vitriol!  Cursed by the extremists on both sides, yet never stopped growing and maturing even though time on this earth was too short.  Even despite the curses, insults and hate filled poison coursing in the blood stream.  Not the hero we wanted, but the hero we needed.   Rest in peace cancer.... with our deepest appreciation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Not what I was talking about, which was the whole interview with St. Peter thing. You have a bad habit of replying without reading carefully.

A habit? I have a habit? I’ve responded to you once on this subject as far as I can recall.

I was just responding to what you said. I thought that was what you were talking about. If what you say doesn’t match what you’re “talking about” then you might want to re-examine how you say things. It’s not “folklore” and just because you don’t have personal, anecdotal experience with anyone espousing that belief doesn’t mean it is not and hasn’t been persistent throughout history.

7 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

A habit? I have a habit? I’ve responded to you once on this subject as far as I can recall.

I was just responding to what you said. I thought that was what you were talking about. If what you say doesn’t match what you’re “talking about” then you might want to re-examine how you say things. It’s not “folklore” and just because you don’t have personal, anecdotal experience with anyone espousing that belief doesn’t mean it is not and hasn’t been persistent throughout history.

You’re still doing it here.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

THis sounds like Rush wrote it.

3 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

The truth is that Limbaugh was a titan of American broadcasting who saw the potential of deregulated talk-radio as a profit center and conservative vandalism as a hyper-sellable product. That’s it. That’s all of it. Outside of those things, he was a blight, responsible more than any other non-politician for the spread of the prion disease from movement conservatism to the Republican Party, and the index patient for Trumpism before any of us even knew what it was. He ranks with Father Coughlin, Joe McCarthy, and very few others among the country’s most destructive demagogues. American politics would have been infinitely better off if he’d stuck to promoting baseball.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a35538951/rush-limbaugh-obituary-dead-at-70/

Rush is what Jonny Carson is to late night and Jon Stewart is to comedy-news.  He invented it.  Rush created a political industry, all without any help from the DC-NY axis.

Edited by notre dame joe

8 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea and he was also a hateful, bigoted, ignorant asshole who did everything he could to demonize and dehumanize those who were opposed to him politically. Everyone should be thankful that he is no longer alive. 
Maybe you can come out to bat for Goebbels on your next try

I'm not batting for Limbaugh.  I answered your question.

10 hours ago, slorch said:

Proved that you could quit/ be fired from multiple jobs and still reach unprecedented success in  a given field( insert comment here)

Again, I have multiple issues with the way he lived his personal life.  Dude did achieve some wild shit, beyond politics.

Hitler failed as an artist and in his early political endeavors. Just saying. 

6 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

THis sounds like Rush wrote it.

Rush is what Jonny Carson is to late night and Jon Stewart is to comedy-news.  He invented it.  Rush created a political industry, all without any help from the DC-NY axis.

What a fucking stupid take. He had been greatly abetted by Roger Ailes (NYC) and the national GOP from the early '90s on. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

In life, unfairly vilified and misunderstood.  No creature of god’s creation deserves this kind of vitriol!  Cursed by the extremists on both sides, yet never stopped growing and maturing even though time on this earth was too short.  Even despite the curses, insults and hate filled poison coursing in the blood stream.  Not the hero we wanted, but the hero we needed.   Rest in peace cancer.... with our deepest appreciation.

Legit lol.  Well done.  As a cancer doctor, my sense of humor is darker than just about anyone.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not batting for Limbaugh.  I answered your question.
Limbaugh succeeding personally after previous failures isn't exactly a contribution to society. There are millions of examples of people getting back up off the mat & bettering themselves. America isn't better due to him finding a way to exploit the fear of uneducated whites and monetize hatred, sexism, and bigotry.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Carson made a generation laugh late at night.

Stewart got a generation of people to laugh by pointing out the lunacy of elected officials through the use of humor.

Limbaugh got millions of Americans to hate their fellow human beings because of skin color and country of origin. There is no humor here. Just a legacy of anger, bitterness and profiteering off of hatred of those deemed lesser than that no self-respecting individual would want to be the mark they left upon the world. He had an opportunity to spend the final year of his life trying to right the wrongs he committed, but he chose hate and stuck with it to the end. 

Carson made fun of Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Bush (41). Rush never would’ve done that. Johnny also made fun of Donald Trump. On 1/12/92, before Bill Clinton won the Democratic nomination, and before Donald and Ivana were divorced, Johnny commented on the Gennifer Flowers story, a Clinton “scandal” in the news at the time. (Johnny made fun of everyone.) He said that Flowers had been fired from her job but she had already found a new line of work as the backup mistress to Donald Trump, “in case Marla Maples couldn’t fulfill her duties.”

• Haha 2

Things may suck in Texas right now but at least Rush Limbaugh is finally dead so that’s a good thing. He can’t spread his cancer further anymore than he already has. He got lucky that trump came along to take away from him the title of biggest piece of shit destructive American in the last century.  He was pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Things may suck in Texas right now but at least Rush Limbaugh is finally dead so that’s a good thing. He can’t spread his cancer further anymore than he already has. He got lucky that trump came along to take away from him the title of biggest piece of shit destructive American in the last century.  He was pathetic.

I hate to break it to you, but what you’re seeing is the cancer spreading. 

• Like 1

I kind of wish there was still a radio show we could tune in to and call to collectively mourn the passing of this great man.

"Hey, Rush! Long time listener, first time caller.  Mega dildos from the land of the living.  I'm not sure if you can hear me down there, but I hope you are enjoying your first days of an eternity in hell, you syphilitic cocksucker.  I'll hang up and listen."

• Hook 'Em 1

This dancing for Rush's death is not surprising.  I was reminded today of his regular segment in the late 80's and early 90's called the AIDS Update which had a theme song of Dionne Warwick singing "I'll Never Love This Way Again" and celebrated all the gays that were dying of the disease.  By the way, he wasn't celebrating the life of the gay people who had died in these segments, he was celebrating the fact that another gay got what was coming to him.  

He was a terrible person in life and I will remember him as a terrible person who I am happy will not be able to pollute the eardrums of my family any longer.    I'm going to just leave it at that.

I do have to give him some credit, though.  As a young stupid idiot, I listened to him a fair bit. He blatantly lied about something that I accidentally found out was just a straight up fabrication.  I knew if he'd lie about something so easily falsifiable he was someone that could not be trusted and quit listening. That was the beginning of me opening my eyes to the idea that what believing things just because my parents believed them was not a good look, and I needed to start thinking for myself.  So thanks for that Rush.  I'm a much better person today because you were a filthy liar.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot