Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot

Gil Bang

19 hours ago, Continental Op said:

Here's some hate speech, Notre Dame Joe: Catholics are a bunch of piece of shit child molester enablers.

Now that's a Kraken

13 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

Funny how everyone who actually met Rush found him a humble and funny guy.  His eulogists today always include a story of how they met him and some generous thing that he did.  

35454252-8927957-image-m-38_160489048641

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Rush Limbaugh has died from lung cancer
5 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

How very Florida of them.  

Yeah, it woulda been weird if they didn't decide to do this tribute.  My Mar-a-Lago room service tab says there's a photo op of Trump saluting a half-mast flag for Rush in the next few days.

On 2/20/2021 at 2:20 PM, tx 3 putt said:

FL is going to fly all flags at half mast for this piece of shit 

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/nikki-fried-wont-lower-flags-to-honor-rush-limbaugh-despite-desantis-order/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried says she will disregard Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order to lower Florida flags at half-staff in honor of conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh who died last week.

“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool. Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Friday that he will order flags in Florida to be flown at half-staff when Limbaugh’s body is laid to rest.

“There’s not much that needs to be said, the guy was an absolute legend,” DeSantis said. “He was a friend of mine and just a great person.”

Limbaugh lived in Florida. He died Wednesday following a battle with lung cancer.

Fried’s office oversees a number of state facilities, including nine regional licensing offices, 38 state forests, and 23 agricultural law enforcement inspection stations.

St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman announced the city will not follow Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order to lower Florida flags at half-staff in honor of Limbaugh.

In a tweet Mayor Kirseman said:

“Not lowering flags for Rush. In St. Pete we don’t honor hatred, racism, bigotry, homophobia, or anything else he has spewed over the years. We are, however, honoring the life of Deputy Michael Magli of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.”

• Like 4

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/nikki-fried-wont-lower-flags-to-honor-rush-limbaugh-despite-desantis-order/

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried says she will disregard Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order to lower Florida flags at half-staff in honor of conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh who died last week.
“Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool. Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr. Limbaugh – because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division. Lowering the flag should always reflect unity, not division, and raising our standards, not lowering them. Our flags will remain flying high to celebrate the American values of diversity, inclusion, and respect for all.”
Gov. Ron DeSantis announced Friday that he will order flags in Florida to be flown at half-staff when Limbaugh’s body is laid to rest.
“There’s not much that needs to be said, the guy was an absolute legend,” DeSantis said. “He was a friend of mine and just a great person.”
Limbaugh lived in Florida. He died Wednesday following a battle with lung cancer.
Fried’s office oversees a number of state facilities, including nine regional licensing offices, 38 state forests, and 23 agricultural law enforcement inspection stations.
St. Petersburg Mayor Rick Kriseman announced the city will not follow Gov. Ron DeSantis’ order to lower Florida flags at half-staff in honor of Limbaugh.
In a tweet Mayor Kirseman said:
“Not lowering flags for Rush. In St. Pete we don’t honor hatred, racism, bigotry, homophobia, or anything else he has spewed over the years. We are, however, honoring the life of Deputy Michael Magli of the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.”

Not sure I agree with St. Pete’s mayor. Too clever by half.

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm sure there were transition plans in place, but who has taken his spot? I want to hope that ratings for right wing radio will go down, but I feel like that's naive. 

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the other thread. 

Edited by LurkingHorn

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I had forgotten that piece of shit died. Thanks for the reminder. Must never forget what a piece of shit that guy was. Would argue his date of death should be a national holiday but I’m saving that for trump.

Everybody should remember to give him a one flush salute.  

https://tulsaworld.com/news/national/rush-limbaughs-syndicator-to-keep-his-voice-alive-on-radio/article_9561ac40-2111-5319-b754-bfe4080d47d3.html

The replacement for Rush Limbaugh is... Rush Limbaugh, at least in part.

Premiere Networks, the company that syndicated Limbaugh's afternoon program to some 600 radio stations across the country, said Monday that it would continue airing a series of guest hosts that play archival audio footage of the late personality. Limbaugh died of cancer on Feb. 17.

“No one can replace Rush Limbaugh, and Premiere Networks will continue to provide millions of loyal listeners with the voice of Rush for the long term,” said Rachel Nelson, company spokeswoman.

Through Limbaugh's absence for cancer treatments and since his death, the show has had guest hosts like Todd Herman, Ken Matthews and Brett Winterble, who guide listeners through clips of Limbaugh talking on various issues.

The announcement indicates there has been no serious erosion in listeners for the program in Limbaugh's physical absence, said Michael Harrison, publisher of the trade publication Talkers magazine.

There will almost certainly be an effort by competitors to siphon off some of the stations that Limbaugh held, and personalities like Dana Loesch, Dan Bongino and Erick Erickson are making those moves, Harrison said.

For Premiere, appointing a single host to replace Limbaugh would put a huge burden on that person, he said.

weekend-bernies-600x450.jpg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

source.gif

the el rusho base, well they're not the sharpest tools in the shed. hell half of them will probably think he came back from the dead or is still alive. 2nd dumbest group of people alive, right behind trumpers / the maga for life crowd. 

By the end of the month, they'll have him being stored away in a secret government research facility somewhere waiting to be reanimated as trump's running mate in 24. 

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

That’s pretty smart. The fires of stupidity are stoked by the same logs of fear. Immigrants, Guns, Race, Sex. Just keep playing the classics 

Yes and no.  These issues all get pushed, and pulled by the fringes.

Immigrants ?  Yes, please come here legally, and lawfully.  The comparison of immigration in the 19th c. to today is not the same situation.  We don't have a good system to deal with the numbers coming here in a modern society. We need  things like guest worker visas, better/proper identification of those wanting to come here thru legal means. There are other issues as well.

Guns ?  That's a tough one, there are a shit load that get in the wrong hands, but you can't deny there are factions of the democrat party who do want to take guns away from everyone.

Race ?  That's a world wide issue, nothing unique There.

Sex ? SEE: the last comment.

There are people who play to those issues for their own results/outcomes, and its not just republicans.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gil Bang changed the title to Rush Limbaugh's corpse continues to rot