Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×

Recommended Posts

I'm betting it's Kamala. Doesn't put a Senate seat in Republican hands for the first few months of Biden's presidency. Appeals to the critical black constituency. She has issues with her prosecutor past, but I don't think anyone will care. Plus she'll be a good attack dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Keep Abrams in Georgia.

Warren would be terrific in every appointed position Biden could think of including Supreme Court judge.  But I would just have a bad feeling about her as VP.  Can't explain it.  Maybe coming back to backing her now that she isn't going to be the nominee.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what their internal numbers look like. Like, "Joe, Warren and Kamala give you a 60% chance to win. Michelle puts it at 85. Keep trying." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what's the ruling on having Barack running as Joe's VP? I know that he's served two terms as President, curious as to what the legal arm of the Surl thinks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

So what's the ruling on having Barack running as Joe's VP? I know that he's served two terms as President, curious as to what the legal arm of the Surl thinks.

Not constitutional for the same reason Hillary couldn’t make Bill her VP.

The Vice President can’t be someone that is ineligible to be elected President. 

b/c Obama served two terms, he’s not eligible to be elected President and therefore not eligible for VP.

The same rules apply to AOC being under 35. She is also not eligible for VP.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tantric superman said:

 Keep Abrams in Georgia.

Warren would be terrific in every appointed position Biden could think of including Supreme Court judge.  But I would just have a bad feeling about her as VP.  Can't explain it.  Maybe coming back to backing her now that she isn't going to be the nominee.

 

 

 

agree on all counts. #teamharris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

harris or warren.

klobuchar is meh, but she wouldn't be a drag on the ticket.  same with whitmer.

i'm not an abrams fan but i think she would be a fine as a running mate.  no idea how she'd be as a vp (does anyone even care).  what i don't like about her is that whomever the vp is should be positioned as the presumptive nominee or potential president in '24 or sooner, and i don't think that's abrams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long until Fox runs with Hillary could be the VP and Biden will then step down immediately so she can be President.  I can hear Hannity, Tucker and my Facebook feed getting blown up with some bullshit story like that.  Sadly, 30% of the country would believe it and start freaking out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

harris or warren.

klobuchar is meh, but she wouldn't be a drag on the ticket.  same with whitmer.

i'm not an abrams fan but i think she would be a fine as a running mate.  no idea how she'd be as a vp (does anyone even care).  what i don't like about her is that whomever the vp is should be positioned as the presumptive nominee or potential president in '24 or sooner, and i don't think that's abrams.

I say Whitmer as VP and Harris as Attorney General and then let Harris go after errbody.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

How long until Fox runs with Hillary could be the VP and Biden will then step down immediately so she can be President.  I can hear Hannity, Tucker and my Facebook feed getting blown up with some bullshit story like that.  Sadly, 30% of the country would believe it and start freaking out.

i'm just waiting for hillary's people to leak that she's been offered the spot.  there's a short list of things that can derail this whole operation, and that's on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

...and then let Harris go after errbody.

from your lips to god's ears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kamala is the co-sponsor of legislation with Sanders and Ed Markey that would direct stimulus money to individuals rather than billionaires. The legislation would provide a Yang-like guaranteed basic income of $2K per month for every American. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/08/monthly-payments-2000-coronavirus-243670

Quote

The payments would be retroactive to March and last until three months after the Health and Human Services Department has declared the public health emergency over. The legislation would also bar debt collectors from taking the payments, and would deliver them regardless of whether people have a Social Security number or filed taxes last year.

Right move for the nation's economy. Right move for Harris.

With Biden support among Millennials and Zoomers sagging, ( https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/clear-warning-signs-focus-group-shows-joe-biden-s-lack-n1201581?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma) a progressive piece of economically sound legislation that aids Main Street v. Wall Street should raise enthusiasm for Biden, if he chooses Harris. 

Warren is too old for 2024 and her seat is too vulnerable. She is also despised by left economic progressives. Biden already has the Patagonia Moms (Karens) locked up. Klobachar and Warren bring nothing more to the plate.

Abrams does not have enough name recognition at the present. 

Harris fills a lot of needs for the Biden campaign. 

 

Edited by washparkhorn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

So what's the ruling on having Barack running as Joe's VP? I know that he's served two terms as President, curious as to what the legal arm of the Surl thinks.

Michelle is eligible of course, Barack is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Warren really does poll that well with black voters then she should be the pick.  She’d make the best president of the potential candidates.  But it’s really hard to believe Warren is more popular with blacks than Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

If Warren really does poll that well with black voters then she should be the pick. 

Narrator:  She doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

If Warren really does poll that well with black voters then she should be the pick.  She’d make the best president of the potential candidates.  But it’s really hard to believe Warren is more popular with blacks than Harris.

Literally every recent poll on this has Warren leading among black voters.  This isn’t an anomaly poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, tantric superman said:

 Keep Abrams in Georgia.

Warren would be terrific in every appointed position Biden could think of including Supreme Court judge.  But I would just have a bad feeling about her as VP.  Can't explain it.  Maybe coming back to backing her now that she isn't going to be the nominee.

 

 

 

Warren has Secretary of Education written all over her.

Kamala for AG.

Think he'll pick Abrams for VP.  And it'll be fun to watch Fox News talking heads try to imply the n word without actually saying it for 4 to 8 years.

Edited by TexArcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Warren has Secretary of Education written all over her.

Kamala for AG.

Think he'll pick Abrams for VP.  And it'll be fun to watch Fox News talking heads try to imply the n word without actually saying it for 4 to 8 years.

delroy-lindo | Tumblr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abrams is young as fuck. A competent DNC keeps her in Georgia and hope she wins statewide in 2022, expands Medicaid and makes voter registration/turnout better in the state and turns it from purple to lean D.  She wins re-election and teases presidential run in 2028. She needs to hit the road in the state now getting people gassed up to vote for 2 Democratic Senators in Georgia to springboard her Governor run in two years.

FFS she cannot be VP with that much potentially at stake with Texas on the same path leaning blue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Demings, Harris, Cortez-Masto or maybe a longshot Warren pick.  I think those are the logical choices thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we agreed it can’t be Warren because the governor of MA is a republican. Also, she’s too old to run with Joe.

Abrams is actually doing more important work, plus I think she has the Beto problem (what has she done).

Isn’t Kamala the AG?

I think it’s Witmer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Separately, it’s absolute bullshit that Warren isn’t the nominee, but I guess that ship has sailed. God forbid the nominee isn’t a moron. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This VPs chance of being President is very high. With that being said, we have Trump, so experience seems to mean exactly jack shit to this electorate.

Fuck Biden again for announcing that it would be a woman.  Not because it shouldn't be a woman, but because it kinda cheapens the pick. 

He's going to play it safe and pick Miss Minnesota.  He doesn't need to get blacks, or progressives or mexicans excited.  He needs to lock in the midwest.  She stayed in the race and more or less finished, compared to the others.  She's been vetted.  She won't turn anyone off and will be acceptable when Biden drops out.

Whitmer or Duckworth or Tammy Baldwin as dark (figurative) horses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Fuck Biden again for announcing that it would be a woman.  Not because it shouldn't be a woman, but because it kinda cheapens the pick.

Disagree.  If he hadn't already announced it would be a woman, and then picked a woman, the choice of a woman VP would be seen by some as merely a response to the Tara Reade nonsense.

Since he had already said it was going to be a woman, Biden is somewhat inoculated against those criticisms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Disagree.  If he hadn't already announced it would be a woman, and then picked a woman, the choice of a woman VP would be seen by some as merely a response to the Tara Reade nonsense.

Since he had already said it was going to be a woman, Biden is somewhat inoculated against those criticisms.

I can't argue that you make a good point that it will work out for him.  Still really shity politics, all fingerbanging aside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I has to be someone who can go toe to toe with Pence in a debate without looking passive (Hillary) and without looking like an asshole (Kaine). Kamala is the only one who can do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2020 at 11:41 AM, Orale said:

I'm betting it's Kamala. Doesn't put a Senate seat in Republican hands for the first few months of Biden's presidency. Appeals to the critical black constituency. She has issues with her prosecutor past, but I don't think anyone will care. Plus she'll be a good attack dog.

I'm guessing I missed something, but does Biden really need help getting the Black Vote?  Didn't he basically trounce a front running Sanders because the Black community basically decided they wanted Biden?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm guessing I missed something, but does Biden really need help getting the Black Vote?  Didn't he basically trounce a front running Sanders because the Black community basically decided they wanted Biden?

 

fyi, no president has done more for blacks than one donald j trump !!!! don't believe me, just ask him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean of course that's true. It has to be...we've been beat over the head with it.

 

But really though...if he's already getting 80% of the black vote(I'm probably low on that), does picking someone that the black community likes really help him more than someone who might get the Bernie Bros or something who might not even vote at all now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VRHorn said:

I thought we agreed it can’t be Warren because the governor of MA is a republican. Also, she’s too old to run with Joe.

Abrams is actually doing more important work, plus I think she has the Beto problem (what has she done).

Isn’t Kamala the AG?

I think it’s Witmer.

 

They have a special election in Massachusetts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MA governor, Charlie Baker, appoints an interim for 145-160 days before a special election must occur. He’s wildly popular as a Republican Governor but that hasn’t translated to the Senate seat for Republicans during his time. If he picks a Republican to take over a Democrat’s spot he will be fucking himself over. Currently a Kennedy is in a primary against sitting Senator Markey. If Kennedy beats him, which would suck for progressives, Markey could run again as he just made it into the Senate in 2013 (even though he’s 73) after having been in the media cycle running up to the election. If Markey wins his re-election this cycle, Kennedy runs for the Special Election and wins that going away. The nailbiting over MA having a Republican Governor is unwarranted unless you think candidates “First 100 days” has meant anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm guessing I missed something, but does Biden really need help getting the Black Vote?  Didn't he basically trounce a front running Sanders because the Black community basically decided they wanted Biden?

Clinton did better among black voters than Biden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm guessing I missed something, but does Biden really need help getting the Black Vote? 

In the general election, Biden needs turnout. Patagonia Moms may like Warren, but progressives are split when it comes to her and she does not excite anyone other than Patagonia Moms (and their browbeaten mates). 

Kamala with her move to progressive economic policies will increase turnout. I don't know why the Karens and their suburban mates don't like Kamala. She is the clear frontrunner for Biden's VP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

MA governor, Charlie Baker, appoints an interim for 145-160 days before a special election must occur. He’s wildly popular as a Republican Governor but that hasn’t translated to the Senate seat for Republicans during his time. If he picks a Republican to take over a Democrat’s spot he will be fucking himself over. Currently a Kennedy is in a primary against sitting Senator Markey. If Kennedy beats him, which would suck for progressives, Markey could run again as he just made it into the Senate in 2013 (even though he’s 73) after having been in the media cycle running up to the election. If Markey wins his re-election this cycle, Kennedy runs for the Special Election and wins that going away. The nailbiting over MA having a Republican Governor is unwarranted unless you think candidates “First 100 days” has meant anything.

So, the counter argument to this is, if Baker does appoint, even a Mod GOP'er, and let's say it ends up being a 50/50 split in the Senate after election day and Warren had to resign from her position...... How long you think RGB gonna hold out?  Another 5 months?  And yes, the first 100 days will be incredibly important in trying to unfuck everything Trump has destroyed in his term.  Markey's done if he loses the nomination.  I get the arguments for Warren and frankly, I think she was the best candidate.....for President, so if she gets the nod for VP, then cool.  Strategically, she doesn't do anything as Mass isn't really a swing state and her sway with Progressives probably offset by how much the corporatists in the party loathe (are afraid) of her, but she may be the most deserving.  But I wonder, would she be better served making real change as the VP or as a Senate Majority leader or a powerful cabinet position after a year?  I don't know.

 

4 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

In the general election, Biden needs turnout. Patagonia Moms may like Warren, but progressives are split when it comes to her and she does not excite anyone other than Patagonia Moms (and their browbeaten mates). 

Kamala with her move to progressive economic policies will increase turnout. I don't know why the Karens and their suburban mates don't like Kamala. She is the clear frontrunner for Biden's VP.

Doubtful.

 

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...