RIP James Bond. Sean Connery dead at 90

G650

I liked Finding Forrester more than I possibly should have.  You're the man now, Dawg.

There is also  a delicious scene of comeuppance delivered by Connery at the climax of the movie.

Edited by slorch

12 minutes ago, Party_Taco said:

Wife has been begging me to wear this outfit for years now... if Halloween wasn’t literally tonight I would actually do it, but next year... next year

RIP you beautiful SoB!

do it jewish GIFA

And if you are the good hairy like him with that beautiful  trail running down his chest to his package....post pics. Hahaha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

RIP 007. No doubt heaven has a shaken martini waiting for you.0d386a78a576fa457b4bd869b1dca69d.jpg

I’ll be depressed for several days now. This happening only makes you realize that we all have to enter that door at some point. I loved him as Bond and will try and watch my favorites this weekend. Thank you Sean!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Don't sleep on his performance in The Man Who Would Be King. 

That and The Wind and the Lion came out very close together. I love those movies. Maybe time for a double feature.

RIP to Sean. I have the same first name which was rare in Texas where I grew up. His fame at least gave me an example to use when people read my name as Scene.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That and The Wind and the Lion came out very close together. I love those movies. Maybe time for a double feature.

RIP to Sean. I have the same first name which was rare in Texas where I grew up. His fame at least gave me an example to use when people read my name as Scene.

My parents named my brother after him... spelling, and all.

• Like 1

By coincidence I stumbled on Sean Connery’s AFI ceremony on YouTube last week.

Andy Garcia kind of butchers the delivery but I really enjoyed his stories from filming the Untouchables.

Mike Myers gives a great compliment 

“My father was my hero, but you were my fathers hero”

Also, I never knew he competed in Mr. Universe in the 50’s.

and perhaps the badassest story about him.

In 1957, Stompanato became so jealous about Turner's relationship with future James Bond actor Sean Connery, he flew to the United Kingdom. He stormed onto the set of Another Time, Another Place threatening Connery with a gun. Unperturbed, the 6 ft 2 in (188 cm) Scotsman, who was a former body builder and karate black belt, bent Stompanato's hand back, forcing him to drop the weapon.[15] He was reported to the police and quietly deported from the United Kingdom.[16] 

11 hours ago, slorch said:

I liked Finding Forrester more than I possibly should have.  You're the man now, Dawg.

There is also  a delicious scene of comeuppance delivered by Connery at the climax of the movie.

OT:  Always loved the sound of a typewriter, wanting to be a writer while in HS I'd sit in front of mine hours at a time pounding away on it. 

Don’t sleep on his performance in “Darby O’Gill and the Little People.”

FA6D0A9E-0FEA-4C5F-94DA-A37128DB9428.gif.0e9a11ee5f3008a8a2d61975e7e539d6.gif

I loved that movie as a kid. I remember seeing it as part of double headers at The Taj Mahal movie theatre on Randolph Air Force Base. It was always shown with one of the old Sinbad movies.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1