Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Agree on Cruz's personality, but damned if he isn't going to try.  He does not want to remain a Senator, he's done with state offices (no run for Governor or Lt. Gov) and Trump passed him over multiple times for SCOTUS, so that leaves President.

I wanted to be a PGA golfer, but that didn’t happen either.

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

btw I will fight anyone conceding 2022 already 

TRUMP VOTERS DONT SHOW WHEN HES NOT ON THE BALLOT. 

Just wait until you hear Fox explode for 2 years about how badly Biden handled covid, and how he couldn't rebuild the state department fast enough, and how he is giving China and Iran everything they want because we aren't in world War 3, and how he isn't fixing climate change fast enough.  He may even be friendly with the EU and want to stay in NATO.  We just can't have that. And all that is before we have an industrial accident or two for which Biden will take the blame for not rebuilding the EPA fast enough. At least Biden doesn't wear tan suits. 

The GOP always turns out strong when a Dem is President. Their media makes sure of it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Just wait until you hear Fox explode for 2 years about how badly Biden handled covid, and how he couldn't rebuild the state department fast enough, and how he is giving China and Iran everything they want because we aren't in world War 3, and how he isn't fixing climate change fast enough.  He may even be friendly with the EU and want to stay in NATO.  We just can't have that. And all that is before we have an industrial accident or two for which Biden will take the blame for not rebuilding the EPA fast enough. At least Biden doesn't wear tan suits. 

The GOP always turns out strong when a Dem is President. Their media makes sure of it. 

don't let trump fool you, there's plenty of shit you can get done in two years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Müller : [after the meeting, by the fireplace]  What was the story you were going to tell me?

Heydrich : Story?

Müller : Kritzinger.

Heydrich : Yes, he told me a story about a man he'd known all his life, a boyhood friend. This man hated his father. Loved his mother fiercely. The mother was devoted to him but the father used to beat him, demeaned him, disinherited him. Anyway, this boy grew to manhood and was still in his thirties when the mother died, this mother who had nurtured and protected him. She died. The man stood as they lowered her casket and tried to cry but no tears came. The man's father lived to a very extended old age, withered away and died when the son was in his fifties, I think, and at the father's funeral, much to his son's surprise, he could not control his tears. He was wailing, sobbing. He was apparently inconsolable. Lost, even. That was the story Krtizinger told me.

Adolf Eichmann : I don't understand.

Heydrich : No?

[Eichmann shakes his head] 

Heydrich : The man had been driven his whole life by hatred of his father. When the mother died, that was a loss, When the father died, the hate had lost his object, then the man's life was empty. Over.

Adolf Eichmann : Interesting.

Heydrich : That was Kritzinger's warning.

Adolf Eichmann : What? That we should not hate the Israelites?

Heydrich : No, that it should not so fill our lives; that when they are gone we have nothing left to live for. So says the story.

[Eichmann and Muller make no reply, then Heydrich closes the monologue by unpretentiously saying] 

Heydrich : I will not miss them.

All--we have a lot more work to do after we defeat the Trumpublicans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

And Dems, in the past 3 elections, have traded low propensity, uneducated and rural voters for high propensity suburban, college educated voters. They aren’t going back to the GOP

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, F250 said:

Why is Warnock doing better than Ossoff at the moment? Did people select Warnock and think "nah, fuck that other guy."

was listening to yang's podcast earlier today and his theory is that perdue had at least won an election in georgia before and people in the state were familiar with him, unlike carpet bagger loeffler.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, F250 said:

Why is Warnock doing better than Ossoff at the moment? Did people select Warnock and think "nah, fuck that other guy."

Perdue is an elected incumbent. Harder to knock off. Loeffler was an appointment senator and they have awful track records. 

She was more polarizing as well. 

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

Loeffler was appointed to her seat and was a horrible opponent, while Perdue is from a long time GA political family and previously won his seat.  Loeffler also proceeded to attack the black church.  

• Like 1

was listening to yang's podcast earlier today and his theory is that perdue had at least won an election in georgia before and people in the state were familiar with him, unlike carpet bagger loeffler.  

And the Perdue name is pretty big within Georgia politics.

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

I know, but he could solve world peace, cure death, and usher in a 1000 year age of abundance and wealth, and Fox will still slam him and GOP voters will still red wave in 2022. You can't have nice things. 

I just want heroes act, tax reform that puts local taxes in front of federal or salt deductions back if that isn't doable, Medicare option for all, an infrastructure/jobs bill, and PR statehood. I start with heroes act and PR on day 1. Move into the others by summer. 

5 minutes ago, F250 said:

*Loffler is fucking terrible (and is a carpetbagger that was appointed)

*Warnock is a pastor at MLK's church and appeals to a wide swath of Georgians (Ossoff is a 33 year old former filmmaker with almost no bonafides)

Ossoff is a bright guy and did a good job pointing out Purdue's flaws but he needed Warnock way more than Warnock needed him. But it was smart for both of them to run a united campaign.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Loeffler was appointed to her seat and was a horrible opponent, while Perdue is from a long time GA political family and previously won his seat.  Loeffler also proceeded to attack the black church.  

Interesting, the guy on CNN just said Warnock was outperforming Ossoff in educated white suburbs. Turned off non-Trump Republicans might at play.

15 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Dude, with both those dems in the senate, he can get anything he wants from both sides. He is not going anywhere, he is now the most powerful dem. 

He has got errbody by the short hairs. 

Not only that, he's a populist. Passing Democratic economic legislation that helps WV poor only helps him. He switches parties and he's hated by Democrats there and gets awarded by being primaried by a Trumpkin his next election. Lose lose. I don't see why he would switch. 

7 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I know, but he could solve world peace, cure death, and usher in a 1000 year age of abundance and wealth, and Fox will still slam him and GOP voters will still red wave in 2022. You can't have nice things. 

which is why you get shit done in the 2 years.  who cares what they say?

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I just want heroes act, tax reform that puts local taxes in front of federal or salt deductions back if that isn't doable, Medicare option for all, an infrastructure/jobs bill, and PR statehood. I start with heroes act and PR on day 1. Move into the others by summer. 

Plus D.C. statehood.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Orale said:

Not only that, he's a populist. Passing Democratic economic legislation that helps WV poor only helps him. He switches parties and he's hated by Democrats there and gets awarded by being primaried by a Trumpkin his next election. Lose lose. I don't see why he would switch. 

2018 might have been his last election. But he’s not going to switch. He’s an extremely proud Democrat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

which is why you get shit done in the 2 years.  who cares what they say?

Yep. No fucks given. Just keep passing bills and bask in the inevitable improvement known as the Biden Economy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

i have heard a few reasons offered (mostly in regards to their opponents):

Purdue is a true incumbent. Loeffler is a green appointment.

The Purdue name is a thing in Georgia. Purdue's dad had been governor, i think i heard.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 2