Sweet Jawja Special Elections

Zonahorn

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, when is Manchin switching parties? You know that’s a thing, right?

He will be pretty much in the middle.  I doubt he lets any taxes go up but will support infrastructure and shitloads of stimulus/2k checks etc.  If you're anywhere in the middle, this is all fantastic - really even if things went far left, if you hate Trump as much as I do, you're as happy as a pig in shit.  Trump really turned into a big ass baby and fucked the R's...beautiful.  They were dumb enough to think he cared about any of them.  Talk about stupid...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So your theory is that Manchin switches parties and thereby loses the ability to help his beloved West Virginia (because the House and White House are obviously Democratic) instead of remaining in his party and negotiating a good position for West Virginia in a scenario where his party can actually pass stuff?

Yep.  Plus all that pork that Mitch has been shoveling into Kentucky is gonna be up for grabs.  Fewer people and less land.  You can buy WV hearts and minds for 1/4 of the price.  For a paltry 170 billion dollars, you could give every person in WV $100,000.  Or you can even get Capito to cross the line if you give the 10 richest West Virginians 17 billion each instead so they can trickle it down.

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He will be pretty much in the middle.  I doubt he lets any taxes go up but will support infrastructure and shitloads of stimulus/2k checks etc.  If you're anywhere in the middle, this is all fantastic - really even if things went far left, if you hate Trump as much as I do, you're as happy as a pig in shit.  Trump really turned into a big ass baby and fucked the R's...beautiful.  They were dumb enough to think he cared about any of them.  Talk about stupid...

Correction.  They were dumb enough to think that either they could control him or that his shit wouldn't splash on them.  Or maybe that he might toe a GOP line.  I don't think anyone was dumb enough to actually think he cared.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's like they're purposely pushing the "suspicious late night dump pushing Democrats ahead" narrative that we're going to be hearing for the next couple of weeks. Namely from our president.

I turned CNN off early on election night in November when they had "BREAKING NEWS: with 3% early voting reporting in Kentucky, Joe Biden has 65% of the vote". Completely out of touch and never went back. Kornacki is solid but still 30-45 minutes behind Twitter most of the time (not his fault, he doesn't have the bandwidth).

15 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

I am cackling thinking about the simultaneous meltdowns happening among McConnell, Trump, Loeffler, Perdue, Graham, Cruz, Hawley, and the rest of the traitors and their disgusting supporters. 

It's interesting.  This could clear the board for Cruz and Hawley for 2024 (lot of Rs won't be pleased with Trump), and give one of them a chance to be the Republican leader that tries to pick up the pieces over the next four years, because there's now a bit of a vacuum, even if Mitch holds on (he will).

But Cruz has to tone things down, because he's making Hawley look like the superior choice.

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's interesting.  This could clear the board for Cruz and Hawley for 2024 (lot of Rs won't be pleased with Trump), and give one of them a chance to be the Republican leader that tries to pick up the pieces over the next four years, because there's now a bit of a vacuum, even if Mitch holds on (he will).

But Cruz has to tone things down, because he's making Hawley look like the superior choice.

I just don’t see Cruz ever overcoming his awful personality nation wide.  TX can seem to get past it for some reason.  Most of us see right through Trump, but he clearly resonates with many.   Not gonna happen for Teddy.  

1 minute ago, orangecat92 said:

I see Perdue leading by 1208 votes, according to google..anybody else see this?

Yes. There are 92K outstanding votes in Dem counties 

Loeffler needs 69% do those: she won’t get them

Ossoff needs 51% or those: he will get them 

why? These counties are going 85% dems 

It’s math 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

2017 - Ossoff loses to Karen Handel in GA-6 special election, gets clowned as soon as he announces his Senate run

Early 2020 - Democrats freak out that they’ll be locked out of the top 2 for the special election bc Warnock wasn’t performing up to snuff 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

Yes. There are 92K outstanding votes in Dem counties 

Loeffler needs 69% do those: she won’t get them

Ossoff needs 51% or those: he will get them 

why? These counties are going 85% dems 

It’s math 

Yup - Kornacki was saying that they were expecting 20k more votes from Dekalb, which Ossoff has been winning +65%.  When that net 13k votes hit, it should be clear where this is heading.

6 minutes ago, Wax Beer Cup said:

I just don’t see Cruz ever overcoming his awful personality nation wide.  TX can seem to get past it for some reason.  Most of us see right through Trump, but he clearly resonates with many.   Not gonna happen for Teddy.  

Agree on Cruz's personality, but damned if he isn't going to try.  He does not want to remain a Senator, he's done with state offices (no run for Governor or Lt. Gov) and Trump passed him over multiple times for SCOTUS, so that leaves President.

13 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Correction.  They were dumb enough to think that either they could control him or that his shit wouldn't splash on them.  Or maybe that he might toe a GOP line.  I don't think anyone was dumb enough to actually think he cared.

True - my last post couple weeks ago said they were stupid enough to think they could control the blast zone.