Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Nahlin:

Florida is looking at Chris Ash for co-DC to pair with Todd Grantham.

It would be a really good hire. I think Ash would advise against having Donovan Stiner in man coverage on Denzel Mims.

Gator fans, welcome to the Juwan Mitchell experience. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Right. It's funny enough, but the idiots aren't the same across all longhorn boards. This isn't 247. Anyone who wants to claim they weren't excited about Wickline, for good reason after watching him work alchemy at Okie State for years, is full of shit. The Mattox guy actually is an excellent OL coach and the enthusiasm was justified when he came in. There isn't a poster worth acknowledging that looked at Derek fucking Warehime and wanted to go Jenna Loves Rocco about him. It's a lazy claim. 

If you can't get excited about Flood as an OLC, then you're: 1) too cynical to be saved or 2) don't know what you're watching when you watch CFB and Bama or 3) you don't watch CFB or Bama. Does that mean he'll be amazing here? No one can predict the future. Wickline sucked here. But I'll take my chances. 

Wick, certainly. Mattox, yes, but not super excitement. Warehime? Yeah, no. 

Let’s not forget the broad discontent with...

Shawn. Fucking. Watson. 

Oh fuck that was a kick in the nuts on Christmas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The LSU boards mentioned Freeman arriving in BR this afternoon so when looking at the flight I noticed that plane was in Austin this morning for a few hours. PS he is a LB coach by trade so the Raymond dream could still be alive. 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/DPJ900/history/20210106/2045Z/KLUK/KBTR

Screenshot_20210106-211722_Chrome.jpg

You flight tracking son of a bitch.  Nice work.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The LSU boards mentioned Freeman arriving in BR this afternoon so when looking at the flight I noticed that plane was in Austin this morning for a few hours. PS he is a LB coach by trade so the Raymond dream could still be alive. 

Is Sark in Austin though?

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

The Mattox guy actually is an excellent OL coach and the enthusiasm was justified when he came in.

Was there enthusiasm when he came in?  I don't honestly recall or know any better.  But, I didn't think anyone even knew who the hell Gilbert was, let alone his +1, Mattox (despite having to send the entire admin department to try to entice them to come).  I mean moving on from Wickline was a blessing at the time since that was such a cluster, but I can't remember any genuine excitement over Mattox when we hired him.    He may well have turned out to be a good coach, I just don't recall excitement at the time over him. 

In any case, night and day between that moment and now.  Sark wasn't the home run hire that many of us wanted as HC, but that must have been our low-point when we had to beg for assistants from Tulsa to come coach for us.  This staff (without even knowing all the final pieces yet) compared to the previous two will give us a much better shot. 

33 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Pruitt gets the axe at Tennessee what about going after him for DC?

27 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

That’s an obvious choice if the timing works out. He’s a Saban disciple like Boom. 

pruitt is braindead trash.  newy you are fucking moron. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From Nahlin:

Florida is looking at Chris Ash for co-DC to pair with Todd Grantham.

It would be a really good hire. I think Ash would advise against having Donovan Stiner in man coverage on Denzel Mims.

The NYJ receiver? That is bad game planning 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Tbh I'd rather have Hutzler than the tiny chance at Raymond

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Tbh I'd rather have Hutzler than the tiny chance at Raymond

Theoretically since some of these dreams haven't officially died:

Co-DC/Inside LB Freeman 

Co-DC/Outside LB Hutzler

Associate HC/DL Lupoi

Cornerbacks Raymond 

Safeties/Special Teams Gideon

• Hook 'Em 5