Worst basketball loss in program history

GreenspointTexas

36 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

ACU the only team in the past 11 years to shoot less than 30% and still win an NCAA tourney game

ACU was in Division II only seven years ago and only became eligible to compete for Division I championships in 2017.    Other than football and track, they kind of sucked at everything else in D2.  

51 minutes ago, HookEm said:

It is a terrible terrible loss. One that will follow me for a long time courtesy of my ACU sister and BIL.

That said, I knew this was going to be a dogfight as soon as I saw Tech only beat them by 7. And Arkansas didn’t blow them out either. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat UCLA. They are so scrappy.

lol they fucking suck. Any team with a decent big should beat them by 20... we have 3 decent bigs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Chris Beard with Texas' roster would have beat this team by 25 points tonight.

ACU gave Tech all they wanted in the early season matchup with the Red Raiders winning 51-44. McCullar was still out from his high ankle sprain. We did get 10 points from highly touted Freshman Nimari Burnett, who is no longer with the team( player choice,) so maybe that's a statement about how Beard would coach Texas' athletes differently. I don't think he'd trade rosters with Texas, regardless.

Beard gets right to the point at the beginning of the video.

Edited by slorch

A silver lining for me is the previous decade of watching Texas athletics has almost completely numbed me to this loss. I basically feel nothing.

I am looking forward to bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast however. I never have breakfast during the week so weekends are a treat for me. 

• Hook 'Em 8

That Paul Hiepler dude can go fuck himself.. you didn't beat us, you sat on the bench all game long looking and acting "intense" going crazy and then you go and start throwing up Horns down when your teammates win the game.

Shaka needs to go, fucking embarrassment of a loss.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

A silver lining for me is the previous decade of watching Texas athletics has almost completely numbed me to this loss. I basically feel nothing.

I am looking forward to bacon, eggs and cinnamon rolls for breakfast however. I never have breakfast during the week so weekends are a treat for me. 

I didn't even watch because I barely care about anything except volleyball and baseball anymore.  Football and basketball are going to need to earn my interest back.

90% of the posters on this board were fellating shaka after the b12 tournament just 1 week ago.  2 wins either side of a forfeit, had to give him credit, 1st b12 title evar.

a very small number of us were shit on for saying "show me the 2nd weekend".

shaka's agent has a half-dozen on cells on his breakfast table that were ringing all week and are now dead silent.  this is now very easy for cdc.  just reassign him with a red stapler to an office in belmont and let the contract run out.  no woke controversy.  no buyout.

disgusting and pathetic.

laughing stock of the country.

9 hours ago, hookem48 said:

we play hero ball, it's all we do and it bit us in the ass.

this is the reason he can recruit.  he does not enforce any system, only a few occasional directives.  he lets the team play street ball with no discipline or fundamentals, and the players love it because for them it's fun and they feel like they are showcasing their prowess for the league.   it's not about winning or representing the school or delivering value in return for their education.  it's not even about monetizing the brand.

shakaball is a cesspool, worse than anything we've seen in football since the depths of the mcwilliams era.

and it was easy to see this happening after watching certain games this season, and i point directly to the 2OT loss to okie lite where we didn't score for 10 minutes and shaka did not insert himself in to what was happening.  zero coaching at all.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, HookEm said:

It is a terrible terrible loss. One that will follow me for a long time courtesy of my ACU sister and BIL.

That said, I knew this was going to be a dogfight as soon as I saw Tech only beat them by 7. And Arkansas didn’t blow them out either. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they beat UCLA. They are so scrappy.

This is satire, right? 

If someone had told you that ACU was going to shoot 30% from the field, 17% from 3, and only attempt 12 free throws, you would have guessed that UT wins by 40.

Last night was a near statistical impossibility. Scrappy or not, that's not a very good basketball team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

47 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

of the people posting a week ago today, 90% were enchubbened and stroking

No. There was a loud minority of people prematurely claiming victory for the season but a much bigger group of posters were happy about the tourney championship while understanding it was not the ultimate goal for the season.

Edited by Machinator
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This is satire, right? 

If someone had told you that ACU was going to shoot 30% from the field, 17% from 3, and only attempt 12 free throws, you would have guessed that UT wins by 40.

Last night was a near statistical impossibility. Scrappy or not, that's not a very good basketball team.

They’re extremely good for who they are. Even in the Southland, winning 20 games three years in a row is not luck. They are absolutely outclassed by major teams and Texas should have run them out of the gym on athletic mismatches alone. ACU played the exact and only game that could have gotten them a win against Texas. That stat line tells me Golding’s team did exactly what they wanted to.

Yeah I was happy to unload the 800 lb gorilla of the big 12 tournament even if it came with an asterisk.

That did not mean Shaka was all the sudden a serviceable coach for the school. As much shit as we give Ricktator he never lost to 11 seeds lower and he actually managed to win more than 0 tournament games...

Its time to move on because we peaked 

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

They’re extremely good for who they are. Even in the Southland, winning 20 games three years in a row is not luck. They are absolutely outclassed by major teams and Texas should have run them out of the gym on athletic mismatches alone. ACU played the exact and only game that could have gotten them a win against Texas. That stat line tells me Golding’s team did exactly what they wanted to.

UCLA will win by double digits. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah I was happy to unload the 800 lb gorilla of the big 12 tournament even if it came with an asterisk.

That did not mean Shaka was all the sudden a serviceable coach for the school. As much shit as we give Ricktator he never lost to 11 seeds lower and he actually managed to win more than 0 tournament games...

Its time to move on because we peaked 

Rick actually lost to an 11 seed in 2001. Then he proceeded to go on the greatest run that Texas basketball has ever seen (before it all fell apart).

Edited by Machinator

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Any advice on how to beat Abilene?  Seems they are giant killers.

impose your size on them.  take care of the ball.  play solid defense and don't foul/jump on the fakes.  their offense is literal dog shit.  yall better not lose to ACU or your program will go into nuclear meltdown.

39 minutes ago, Machinator said:

No. There was a loud minority of people prematurely claiming victory for the season but a much bigger group of posters were happy about the tourney championship while understanding it was the ultimate goal for the season.

@NorthLoop & @Machinator i stand down from my assertion given you both corroborate

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Rick actually lost to an 11 seed in 2001. Then he proceeded to go on the greatest run that Texas basketball has ever seen (before it all fell apart).

I think he meant 11 seeds lower 14-3 not an 11 seed

• Hook 'Em 1