Jump to content

2021 Texas spring football thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Good for you? Is your point every city and line is moving the same? We don’t even know if it’s a player. It could be a coach (it’s not), or a fucking trainer. 


and if the kid, if it were a kid, is mistrustful of vaccines and doesnt want to take it? I bet theres more than a few fuckers on this thread who won’t get a vaccine but are happy to bitch that practice got shut down because kids didn’t get their vaccines.  Maybe we just have a team full of Patriots. 
 

the point I’m attempting to make is, sure it’s frustrating but bitching and moaning about shit we don’t know and can’t control is fucking stupid. And you look like an asshole doing it. We won’t be the only school that has to do this shit. Let’s just hope it’s the last year. 

Eh. I was simply pointing out the fact that there’s availability for the general population at this point. You, on the other hand, jump to conclusions about me being an asshole for making this statement.

Not surprising in the least, considering your post history.

Carry on.

  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm 41 and I haven't been cleared for the vaccine yet... Doesn't surprise me that the players have yet to get theirs either... hell the senate is trying to make it mandatory for the military to get the vaccine.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because they’re 18-24 and healthy and probably don’t have any cormobidities? 

Studies have proven that black individuals are at higher risk, twice as lilkely in most cases to contract covid-19. So technically they'd be eligible for 1b.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

i'm 41 and I haven't been cleared for the vaccine yet... Doesn't surprise me that the players have yet to get theirs either... hell the senate is trying to make it mandatory for the military to get the vaccine.

Just tell them your essential or have family history of heart conditions. It literally doesn't matter. Tons of people cancel their appointment for the vaccine for whatever reasons. I literally walked into a walmart and got pfizer one within 1 hour of putting my name on the wait list because I'm an essential employee and someone who signed up no showed or canceled. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Studies have proven that black individuals are at higher risk, twice as lilkely in most cases to contract covid-19. So technically they'd be eligible for 1b.

Studies may have proven it is, but my personal experience of filling out my own form in Harris County and city of Houston, “black” isn’t listed as a pre-exiting condition. Of course as I said, every city is different. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Studies may have proven its, but my personal experience of filling out my own form in Harris County and city of Houston, “black” isn’t listed as a pre-exiting condition. Of course as I said, every city is different. 

Under chronic conditions sickle-cell is listed. Just put you have family history of. They literally don't check.

 

Doesn't matter much anymore since Texas is about to open vaccines to all. I'm glad I was able to get mine earlier with a little white lie. It was a pain in the ass to sign up then for the most part until my friend told me the Wal-Mart method. I can't imagine the entire general population signing up now. Get my second dose April 7 btw.

  • Fuck You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Eh. I was simply pointing out the fact that there’s availability for the general population at this point. You, on the other hand, jump to conclusions about me being an asshole for making this statement.

Not surprising in the least, considering your post history.

Carry on.

Oh noes, not my reputation and posting history!! You have one too. It’s not stellar. I wasn’t really jumping to any conclusions. 
 

and while I can’t prove this, I’d be willing to bet heavy that covid protocols haven’t been rewritten nationally or locally in regards to having received a vaccine. The whole fucking team could be 100% fully vaccinated and if a trainer or coach pops positive they still probably have to shut everything down at this point. Bureaucracy is stupid and rarely exhibits common sense or forward thinking.  I sure as shit can’t wave my vaccination card at H‑E‑B and forego wearing a  mask or not have to present a negative test to fly in and out of country. 
 

or fuck, let’s just blame the fucking kids because they’re obviously ruining our ducking fun. They probably don’t want to be out there at all, imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you or me want to jump the line, it's not a pr disaster like it would be for UT football players and staff when there were plenty of true high risk people unable to get the vax. Can you imagine the backlash? There are already enough anti football folks out there. You don't need to incite them. Now that it's opening for everybody, it's a different story obviously. 

  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Under chronic conditions sickle-cell is listed. Just put you have family history of. They literally don't check.

 

Doesn't matter much anymore since Texas is about to open vaccines to all. I'm glad I was able to get mine earlier with a little white lie. It was a pain in the ass to sign up then for the most part until my friend told me the Wal-Mart method. I can't imagine the entire general population signing up now. Get my second dose April 7 btw.

Your sort of missing my point. Sure, they could lie or work the system or inherently know how to skip line and that no one is checking, but NOT knowing or doing any of those things shouldnt be something you knock them for, dingus. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Your sort of missing my point. Sure, they could lie or work the system or inherently know how to skip line and that no one is checking, but NOT knowing or doing any of those things shouldnt be something you knock them for, dingus. 

I'm not knocking them for anything. The optics would look bad and the national media would make a huge deal if the university provided vaccines to all our athletes and not students. Ofc if it was another school like Bama or etc it would be okay and not a big deal. 

Hopefully by summer we'll be able to vaccinate all of our fall athletic programs and by fall vaccinate all of our spring athletic programs. So we can move on with a normal calendar athletic year.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

If you or me want to jump the line, it's not a pr disaster like it would be for UT football players and staff when there were plenty of true high risk people unable to get the vax. Can you imagine the backlash? There are already enough anti football folks out there. You don't need to incite them. Now that it's opening for everybody, it's a different story obviously. 

Exactly. Just because no one gives a fuck about @BurntOrange&White and his manager at Taco Bell told him he was essential once doesn’t mean UT football players can just go lie about their condition and cut in line for vaccines without any backlash. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Exactly. Just because no one gives a fuck about @BurntOrange&White and his manager at Taco Bell told him he was essential once doesn’t mean UT football players can just go lie about their condition and cut in line for vaccines without any backlash. 

You sound mad. Stay mad. It's better that people go and do the same thing instead of letting the vaccines go to waste once they're removed from storage conditions. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we're being specific, these kids would have needed to jump the line a fucking month ago for any of this to have made any difference anyway. So, yeah, shut the fuck up about it, morons. If the state changes covid protocols in the next month and this shit happens again in May or summer workouts then you can fucking bitch. 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Exactly. Just because no one gives a fuck about @BurntOrange&White and his manager at Taco Bell told him he was essential once doesn’t mean UT football players can just go lie about their condition and cut in line for vaccines without any backlash. 

 

31 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If we're being specific, these kids would have needed to jump the line a fucking month ago for any of this to have made any difference anyway. So, yeah, shut the fuck up about it, morons. If the state changes covid protocols in the next month and this shit happens again in May or summer workouts then you can fucking bitch. 

Let's just let it go. They're just whiney cunts bitching because they don't know how to deal with their emotions in a logical grown-up way.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, since UT is a vaccination site in Austin, I expect most of the players are going to get their shots in short order.  If they get Pfizer they will have a high level of protection starting at 2 weeks and will be completely vaccinated in 5 weeks.

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

(Bobby Burton) Thursday: Pause for reflection

Quote

The news broke last night that Texas football was pausing spring practice because of multiple positive Covid tests. It’s disappointing but unsurprising. Thanks to a vaccine, sports is likely on the cusp of returning to its pre-Covid existence. But we’re not quite there yet. Personally, I hope to see a full DKR at some point this season.

**

Joe Cook spent some time yesterday with longtime IT writer Bill Frisbee. Frisbee posed an interesting question to Cook. What is the biggest play in DKR history? Not Texas football history, since it could be argued that those plays occurred in Pasadena and Fayetteville, but inside of DKR. Frisbee and Cook came up with a short list:

-Cotton Spreyer game-winning catch against UCLA
-Duke Carlisle’s game-saving interception against Baylor to preserve an undefeated and eventual National championship season in 1963.
- A year earlier, in 1962 Johnny Treadwell and Pat Culpepper combined for a tackle that kept Arkansas out of the end zone on a goal line stand and Texas eventually won 7-3.
-The run into the record books by Ricky Williams that cemented his Heisman Trophy season.
-Phil Dawson’s kick as time expired to beat Virginia remains one of the most underrated feats in DKR history. There is no way any kicker could have hit from 50+ In that wind.

When Cook mentioned the list to the rest of the IT staff, some other plays surfaced. There was the Bryant Westbrook hit against Notre Dame, Nathan Vasher nearly decapitating Tech’s Carlos Francis, Tony Brackens annihilating a Tech kicker on a fake field goal attempt, and Cory Redding somersaulting into the end zone on an interception return. But try as I might, I have to think that there’s one that stands slightly above the rest. And that’s the run from Williams.

Not only did Williams break a long-held NCAA record, his run was also part of establishing Mack Brown’s tenure in Austin, which included an outstanding 10-year run in the 2000s. However, as with any list, I can’t fully grasp the significance of the plays mentioned that occurred in the 60s or early 70s. I just can’t do them justice. I wasn’t there and no matter how much I read or learn about them, I can’t seem to fully appreciate their impact. That makes me realize that it’s really a personal list. For me, it’s Williams.

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

If you or me want to jump the line, it's not a pr disaster like it would be for UT football players and staff when there were plenty of true high risk people unable to get the vax. Can you imagine the backlash? There are already enough anti football folks out there. You don't need to incite them. Now that it's opening for everybody, it's a different story obviously. 

This.  Same thing with people who asked after the VCU NCAA tournament cancellation why the players weren't already vaccinated?

2 or 3 weeks ago, it would have been the worst PR the NCAA could imagine - and they are already getting hammered about the women's locker room issue for the NCAAT.  Now that Texas (and other states) are opening up the gen pop, it's fine, but you still have to wait for for the availability. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

I’m so surprised a issue like this came from Josh Moore........    Not at all, if you follow his insta you can see issues are going to be happening with him.  Sadly this probably won’t be the last issue with him.

That's really too bad. I'm 63 and a lifelong Texas fan and Texas alumnus. After all these decades, one kid from my little hometown has enough talent to get significant playing time at Texas and it looks like he's  a head case with "issues". Well fuck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cochamps said:

Eligible 3/29/21!

Great! Now we just need a modified delorean school bus to shoot the whole team back to 2/15/2021 and get this fucking party started! Oh, and for covid protocols to be completely re-written to account for vaccinations. Fuck yeah!

7d6t.gif

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Great! Now we just need a modified delorean school bus to shoot the whole team back to 2/15/2021 and get this fucking party started! Oh, and for covid protocols to be completely re-written to account for vaccinations. Fuck yeah!

7d6t.gif

 

 

Crucially, plutonium is available in every drugstore 2/15/2021

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Studies have proven that black individuals are at higher risk, twice as lilkely in most cases to contract covid-19. So technically they'd be eligible for 1b.
"Mr Snacks, what is your pre-existing condition?"
"I'm suspicious. Check the slacks."
"Say no more."
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

With practice paused for now, are we allowed to carry spring ball later, or does it simply have to be shortened?

I believe we have 34 days to get in 15 practices. The 34 day window started on Tuesday since that was our first practice, so we should still have time to get all our practices in if this pause doesn’t last too long. 
 

My memory’s a little fuzzy, but I don’t think the NCAA made exceptions or prolonged the window for Covid delays last year. Not sure on that though, that could be wrong. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I believe we have 34 days to get in 15 practices. The 34 day window started on Tuesday since that was our first practice, so we should still have time to get all our practices in if this pause doesn’t last too long. 

Based on precedent I would guess that the team will be off for at least a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

Eh. I was simply pointing out the fact that there’s availability for the general population at this point. You, on the other hand, jump to conclusions about me being an asshole for making this statement.

Not surprising in the least, considering your post history.

Carry on.

Personally, I assume you’re an asshole because you post on this site no matter what you say. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Someone put together a highlights video of 2021 QB signee Charles Wright.

 

Without hitting play, and with his face and the #2 and even holding his collar that way, all I see is fucking Manziel. 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...