Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)

texifornia

1 hour ago, Capt. Squints said:

Auburn is actually a very good school. Tim Cook (CEO of Apple), a bunch of astronauts, Generals, etc. are grads. This is coming from a Bama guy, so, of course, we're all painted with the *inbred* brush by the UT Ivies, but you would be very wrong.

I always thought of Au-barn as the aggy of AL.

shooting star GIF

13 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Outdoor wedding in the middle of February? Yeah that's an Alabama education all right

They’ve got a tent. With about 50k in flowers in it and two big heaters so were all hanging out watching these flowers die. Sure, maybe you’re not into flowers but its kinda like watching someone set a new suburban on fire. You just gotta grab a beer and watch.

1 hour ago, Capt. Squints said:

Auburn is actually a very good school. Tim Cook (CEO of Apple), a bunch of astronauts, Generals, etc. are grads. This is coming from a Bama guy, so, of course, we're all painted with the *inbred* brush by the UT Ivies, but you would be very wrong.

Rebuttal: Perfesser Petee.

37 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

You're marrying a dude, from Bama? And you didn't invite me?

Sorry, it’s a cash bar. Things are a little tight now with Tim breaking away from the firm and starting his own practice, but he’s already promised me a tin anniversary in Turks and Caicos and, don’t worry, everyone- everyone is going to be there. We can hit up playa del Carmen in a couple and catch up tho. Have you’re girl call my barely legal assistant.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

27 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

I always thought of Au-barn as the aggy of AL.

shooting star GIF

That's an easy assumption to make both ways. I thought Aggy would be the Auburn of Texas when I accepted a job there. You could have heard my mind snapping all the way down Highway 6. If the Westboro Baptist Church bought Auburn and ran it for 100 years with the willing support of half the state, Auburn might = Aggy. Aggy is just that much more weird than anyplace I have been.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

38 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

That's an easy assumption to make both ways. I thought Aggy would be the Auburn of Texas when I accepted a job there. You could have heard my mind snapping all the way down Highway 6. If the Westboro Baptist Church bought Auburn and ran it for 100 years with the willing support of half the state, Auburn might = Aggy. Aggy is just that much more weird than anyplace I have been.

If you’ve spent time on campus at both you’d know that this is the true true. 

On 2/12/2022 at 12:24 PM, Hermanator said:

Outdoor wedding in the middle of February? Yeah that's an Alabama education all right

so, just to follow up on the off topic wedding I was at because I don’t know where else to put this. 

CSB

The wedding was in Alamo Heights and if you’re not aware, their cops are… let’s say “strict”. A younger guest was not aware and as they were walking to their car completely shitfaced one of the AHPD officers working the party (who happened to be Hispanic) said “hey! You, buddy! You can’t drive. You guys! (Pointing to Guys friends and GF walking behind him a little) Don’t let him get get in his car. Take his keys now!!”

This embarrassed Young Guest so he turned and in a cheeky tone said “Pfft, aren’t you a little far from the boarder?”

Welp, that was that. Young Guest got tackled, face shoved into the ground and cop made sure to put the cuffs on extra tight in front of the entire party. Hard to say, but there was talk that pepper spay may have been used as Young Guest was swearing and trying to roll around/resisting. Regardless, that’s not something you wanna do. So, 4 patrol cars and the paddy wagon showed up and hauled his ass off. I asked the guy I know from bama if the young guy went there too. He said “shit, I don’t know. Probably.” 

It also took him extra long to bond out being a Sunday and for some reason his bail hearing kept getting pushed back. Weird. 

• Like 1

DOUG SAMUELS.      FEB 13, 2022

Bryan Harsin is losing another coordinator

Auburn special teams coordinator Bert Watts is reportedly leaving The Plains for an opportunity in the NFL.

Auburn's Bryan Harsin may have gotten the good news that he'd be returning to The Plains last week, but as Super Bowl kickoff nears word is he will be losing another coach.

This past off season Harsin has had to hire guys to replace coordinators on both sides of the ball, and is working on his second offensive coordinator hire of the off season after the hire of Austin Davis didn't work out.

Now, special teams coordinator / outside linebackers coach Bert Watts is reportedly on the move.

Multiple outlets have shared that Watts is joining the Denver Broncos staff as outside linebackers coach. Dan Graziano first reported the move. 

Before joining Harsin's staff at Auburn, Watts served as the defensive coordinator at Fresno State and UC Davis (FCS).

While at Fresno State in 2018, Watts led a unit that ranked third nationally in scoring defense, giving up just more than two touchdowns a game while ranking among the top ten units nationally in a number of other key categories as well.

Watts also held the associate head coach title for the Tigers.

Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett, who coached college football on Doug Marrone's staff at Syracuse for a few seasons, has filled a few of the positions on his staff with college coaches already.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

so, just to follow up on the off topic wedding I was at because I don’t know where else to put this. 

CSB

The wedding was in Alamo Heights and if you’re not aware, their cops are… let’s say “strict”. A younger guest was not aware and as they were walking to their car completely shitfaced one of the AHPD officers working the party (who happened to be Hispanic) said “hey! You, buddy! You can’t drive. You guys! (Pointing to Guys friends and GF walking behind him a little) Don’t let him get get in his car. Take his keys now!!”

This embarrassed Young Guest so he turned and in a cheeky tone said “Pfft, aren’t you a little far from the boarder?”

Welp, that was that. Young Guest got tackled, face shoved into the ground and cop made sure to put the cuffs on extra tight in front of the entire party. Hard to say, but there was talk that pepper spay may have been used as Young Guest was swearing and trying to roll around/resisting. Regardless, that’s not something you wanna do. So, 4 patrol cars and the paddy wagon showed up and hauled his ass off. I asked the guy I know from bama if the young guy went there too. He said “shit, I don’t know. Probably.” 

It also took him extra long to bond out being a Sunday and for some reason his bail hearing kept getting pushed back. Weird. 

*border

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/14/2022 at 11:06 AM, Doc Reeves said:

Part of any good liberal arts education is a commitment to lifelong learning. Sounds like Young Guest got a semester's worth compressed into one weekend.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Part of any good liberal arts education is a commitment to lifelong learning. Sounds like Young Guest got a semester's worth compressed into one weekend.

One would think, but I have it on good authority that young guest woke up in jail drunk tank with absolutely no memory of his actions. Definitely has the “this is ridiculous!” attitude right now. 

also might lose a noticeable tooth. Poor tooth. being stuck in such a stupid head..

• Drool 1

15 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

One would think, but I have it on good authority that young guest woke up in jail drunk tank with absolutely no memory of his actions. Definitely has the “this is ridiculous!” attitude right now. 

also might lose a noticeable tooth. Poor tooth. being stuck in such a stupid head..

Ah, he's a light-weight drinker as well as a Do-You-Know-Who-I-Am. Probably will opt for a conformist zirconium tooth instead of an awesome gold one.

I'm guessing KA. Tell me he's KA.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 10:33 PM, LTtxfan said:

DOUG SAMUELS.      FEB 13, 2022

Bryan Harsin is losing another coordinator

Auburn special teams coordinator Bert Watts is reportedly leaving The Plains for an opportunity in the NFL.

Auburn's Bryan Harsin may have gotten the good news that he'd be returning to The Plains last week, but as Super Bowl kickoff nears word is he will be losing another coach.

This past off season Harsin has had to hire guys to replace coordinators on both sides of the ball, and is working on his second offensive coordinator hire of the off season after the hire of Austin Davis didn't work out.

Now, special teams coordinator / outside linebackers coach Bert Watts is reportedly on the move.

Multiple outlets have shared that Watts is joining the Denver Broncos staff as outside linebackers coach. Dan Graziano first reported the move. 

Before joining Harsin's staff at Auburn, Watts served as the defensive coordinator at Fresno State and UC Davis (FCS).

While at Fresno State in 2018, Watts led a unit that ranked third nationally in scoring defense, giving up just more than two touchdowns a game while ranking among the top ten units nationally in a number of other key categories as well.

Watts also held the associate head coach title for the Tigers.

Broncos head coach Nathaniel Hackett, who coached college football on Doug Marrone's staff at Syracuse for a few seasons, has filled a few of the positions on his staff with college coaches already.  

3e0h3r.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • immamac changed the title to Bryan Harsin at Auburn (Spoiler: He Got Fired)