Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 4/28/2020 at 9:04 PM, Clintonaldo said:

I like season 2 better than season 1. Critics are slamming season 2 saying it’s the same old shit but to me that is grieving. Having some better days and then all of the sadness comes rushing back. 

Only i think 4 episodes in. but I would agree.. it's different.. enjoying it.. need to finish up, but been a only watch with the wife series... so haven't finished yet. 

Just binged Sex Education in i think 3 days.. shit might watch it again... i know i'm late to the party but that was damn good and the actress playing Maeve did damn good at hooking you in. 

Waco was interesting.. but so many questions about what's dramatized or not... of course a sad damn situation no matter what, 

Debating on what commitment I want to make to dive into larger series I've never seen such as the office or community. 

Watched Murder to Mercy, the documentary about the woman in Tennessee who received life when as a 15 year old she killed the man who picked her up as a prostitute.  I think the doc itself was middling to OK, but the story is good/important and I'm glad I watched.  On the criticism of the doc itself, I think it maybe felt a bit flat relative to the stakes of what was going on (I think they maybe tacked some extra on as a resolution to a previous doc before the latest developments in the case and it doesn't have the emotional impact that it should, the central character is conspicuously absent).  BUT I had heard about this case and was curious to know more and I'm glad I watched it.  I'm not sure what distrust I had of the drive by portrayal of the story in social media (I guess... general distrust of all such portrayals) but she was a child and literally everything else aside it's nuts to throw true to almost true life at her.  But especially given the context of being brought to someone's house for the purpose of rape, which is what you are doing if you pick up a child prostitute.

Edited by Celery Man

Unbelievable was really good. The first episodes were tough to watch, since it's about a rape. I wanted to beat the shit out of the first two investigating cops. Based on a true story and only 8 episodes. Toni Colette is great in pretty much everything.

• Like 3

Unbelievable was really good. The first episodes were tough to watch, since it's about a rape. I wanted to beat the shit out of the first two investigating cops. Based on a true story and only 8 episodes. Toni Colette is great in pretty much everything.

Yeah very good. Really liked this one

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure if Hollywood is good, or if I’m just a sucker for material about how Hollywood works- especially golden age Hollywood. 

still can’t tell how much of it is supposed to be true or rumored to be true. 

https://slate.com/culture/2020/05/hollywood-accuracy-fact-fiction-ryan-murphy-netflix-series.html

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Never Have I Ever is worth a watch. Kind of like Sex Education set in California. 

It’s very good show about teenagers dealing with grief. Kaling did a fantastic job! 

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Rob Reiner as the studio head in Hollywood was excellent casting. I can see some Archie bunker in his performance. 

Reiner 

LuPone

McDermott

Parsons

They killed it especially.  Casting was top notch. Very Ryan Murphy with Jack and Rock - looked like all the other tall, dark and handsome guys he casts in AHS 

23 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not sure if Hollywood is good, or if I’m just a sucker for material about how Hollywood works- especially golden age Hollywood. 

still can’t tell how much of it is supposed to be true or rumored to be true. 

I think it’s excellent. Binged it all day today. 

Needed a break in between eps 5 and 6 of the MJ Docuseries so I started 'Into The Night'.  It's a Belgium apocalypse show which just dropped this week.  A governmental agent with high-level intel hijacks a plane and forces it west as a solar apocalypse occurs on the ground across the globe.  It's my first ever fully dubbed viewing so it took about 5-10 to get used to it, now I hardly notice. 

Six episodes total, each about forty minutes long so it makes for easy watching.  Somewhat silly premise but I'm two episodes in and I'll definitely see out the final four. 

On 4/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, immortal13 said:

Anyone watching Waco? First episode was really good

On 4/26/2020 at 5:16 PM, Alex Karev said:

Yes we watched 4 last night and the final 2 this morning. It was good. It gives you a little different perspective of the events than what was reported at the time.

There were some bad decisions made by the Davidians and Law enforcement. 

do they portray the real life characters pretty accurately or is it completely fictionalized?  we're 3 episodes in.  

started watching Into the Night last night.  so far so good.

Extraction was good.  We need more like this.

have no interest in Hollywood after viewing the trailer.  the trailer reminded me of Japanese WWII revisionist books where the Japanese win.  

Waco was well done.  I just couldn't shake the horror and angst that I felt from 27 years ago when I watched those people burn up on TV.

18 hours ago, Mappable said:

have no interest in Hollywood after viewing the trailer.  the trailer reminded me of Japanese WWII revisionist books where the Japanese win.  

we binged this over the past few days.  What a weird concept.  Completely rewriting history and turning it into a world where 1948 America is tolerant in their attitudes toward gay men kissing on national TV and isn't racist as shit.  I'm not sure what Ryan Murphy was going for here, but it was odd.  I was entertained and invested in the characters and story though.  You just have to suspend all belief like you're watching The Expendables or a Vin Diesel movie.  

• Like 1

Gotta wonder how Da Rona will effect future content. 

This is the biggest problem. Things that weren’t already in the can are screwed, anything that was in the middle of filming might have some serious gaps in time lapse with the actors especially if they are younger girls and guys that can change drastically.

Series will be effected the most.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:18 PM, 4th&Five said:

Never Have I Ever is worth a watch. Kind of like Sex Education set in California. 

Came here to post this. I got caught up watching it with the wife while I was cooking and cleaning and was surprised that it got good after the first couple of episodes. It's definitely funny in places and the McEnroe angle was great. Solid mix of comedy and sweetness. Would recommend. 

• Like 2

Came here to post this. I got caught up watching it with the wife while I was cooking and cleaning and was surprised that it got good after the first couple of episodes. It's definitely funny in places and the McEnroe angle was great. Solid mix of comedy and sweetness. Would recommend. 

Cute little show, McEnroe was great, even Andy samberg episode was a funny tie-in.

Loved the class question that McEnroe commented on. We were laughing hard at that scene

On 4/23/2020 at 4:08 PM, scottsins said:

Yeah. As much as I thought I couldn’t hate anyone more than Dr. West, the series just kept parading worthless pieces of shit out over and over agin for me to despise just as much.

ETA: No CR, but fuck Texas AG Paxton for opposing compensation for Alfred Brown, with his whole bullshit about the withheld records possibly proving Brown’s guilt.

Holy rage fists, I finally got around to watching that episode and it left me seething at Rizzo and the State of Texas for refusing compensation to Brown. (btw Comptroller Glenn Hegar is the POS who actually made that decision, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Paxton pulling the strings). Texas owes him a lot more than $1.2mm and it's disgraceful that the powers that be refuse to pay him once cent of that meager sum for being falsely imprisoned on death row for twelve fucking years.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

This is the biggest problem. Things that weren’t already in the can are screwed, anything that was in the middle of filming might have some serious gaps in time lapse with the actors especially if they are younger girls and guys that can change drastically.

Series will be effected the most.

BIL says he’s as busy as he’s ever been. No lost time in traffic or bull shitting at lunch or drinks (which he would gladly take back).  Non stop zoom meeting all day. Said all animated projects are getting fast tracked because of social distance etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

BIL says he’s as busy as he’s ever been. No lost time in traffic or bull shitting at lunch or drinks (which he would gladly take back).  Non stop zoom meeting all day. Said all animated projects are getting fast tracked because of social distance etc. 

Season 4 of F is for Family confirmed. 

• Like 3