Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Daddy long legs video reminds me of my first deer lease south of George West.  The water shut-off valve was an absolute haven for daddy long legs until the first freeze.  No matter how much I prepared for it, it was a creepy feeling sticking my hand in that box to turn on the valve.  And I'm not an arachnaphobe.  That's a damn weird phenomenon when they all start moving together.

OK, not the biggest "holy shit" on this thread, but I was looking at hotels in Chicago and noticed this fire escape.  I wonder if it has metal grating to walk on.
Screen-Shot-2019-02-08-at-12.40.37.png
Stayed there last time I was in Chicago. Rooms are incredibly small and nothing special for a 4 or 5 * that charges 300+ a night

(We used Priceline Express deal for like 140 or so.)
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Stayed there last time I was in Chicago. Rooms are incredibly small and nothing special for a 4 or 5 * that charges 300+ a night

(We used Priceline Express deal for like 140 or so.)

Welcome to Chicago. But that is one of the cheapest hotels around Michigan Ave just an FYI. (currently can get a room for $125 a night = you get what you pay for)

7 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

That freedive video is amazing, but I must be missing something,. He dove about 30 meters, but the world record freedives are around 250 meters, with those dives going past the 4 minute mark. Is there something different about this particular freedive?

Guessing it was "without equipment" meaning no fins or weight belt or goggles.  But sheer speculation

7 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

That freedive video is amazing, but I must be missing something,. He dove about 30 meters, but the world record freedives are around 250 meters, with those dives going past the 4 minute mark. Is there something different about this particular freedive?

This one is pretty crazy just because of the tight spaces.  It almost looks like he's jumping into a blowhole.  The slightest bit of current comes through there and he gets shredded or shot 50 ft in the air.  And I'm guessing the thing around his neck might be a weight belt.  Not sure he could sink that quick otherwise.

Edited by Pogo

8 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Well, the fact that he free floated through some pretty tight spaces was pretty amazing.  The start alone was insane.  I don't think he was going for any kind of depth or time record.

8 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Did you stare at his balls?

WHITE CENTER, Wash. -- Deputies are investigating a reported burglary and fatal shooting that happened early Monday morning.

This happened in the 9800 block of 13th Avenue Southwest in the White Center area.

The homeowner told deputies around 2:40 a.m. Monday he woke up to hear glass breaking in his home and found a burglar inside. He reportedly shot and killed the suspect while he was on the phone with 911, according to the King County Sheriff's Office.

“He was on the phone trying to hide from possibly multiple people who were inside his home,” Sgt. Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff’s Office said. “That's what we're trying to figure out is how many people were inside the house."

Deputies searched for a possible second suspect, but so far no one has been found.

“In the beginning we believed there was another suspect possibly outstanding. When deputies arrived they began a K9 track and that K9 track didn’t lead to any other suspects,” said Abbott. “It’s unknown if the suspect is by himself or if anyone else was with him and that’s something major crimes units, who just arrived on this scene, are working to try to find out this morning.”

A nearby neighbor says he’s glad the homeowner was able to defend himself and his property. Neighbors also tell us that crime in the area is on the rise and a trail behind the neighborhood has become a hangout spot for homeless transients.

“When he first got there, I told him it’s a nice house, but I keep seeing these people behind there, and they actually broke through his fence before and he repaired it,” said Dale Meadows, who lives across the street. “They actually came up in his yard. I told him you need to put up some security back there cause these people who hang out back there are dangerous.”

Deputies currently have a search warrant for the house and say the homeowner is cooperating with their investigation.

The holy shit part is the 911 call: 

On 7/20/2019 at 11:46 PM, NateHitch said:

WHITE CENTER, Wash. -- Deputies are investigating a reported burglary and fatal shooting that happened early Monday morning.

This happened in the 9800 block of 13th Avenue Southwest in the White Center area.

The homeowner told deputies around 2:40 a.m. Monday he woke up to hear glass breaking in his home and found a burglar inside. He reportedly shot and killed the suspect while he was on the phone with 911, according to the King County Sheriff's Office.

“He was on the phone trying to hide from possibly multiple people who were inside his home,” Sgt. Ryan Abbott with the King County Sheriff’s Office said. “That's what we're trying to figure out is how many people were inside the house."

Deputies searched for a possible second suspect, but so far no one has been found.

“In the beginning we believed there was another suspect possibly outstanding. When deputies arrived they began a K9 track and that K9 track didn’t lead to any other suspects,” said Abbott. “It’s unknown if the suspect is by himself or if anyone else was with him and that’s something major crimes units, who just arrived on this scene, are working to try to find out this morning.”

A nearby neighbor says he’s glad the homeowner was able to defend himself and his property. Neighbors also tell us that crime in the area is on the rise and a trail behind the neighborhood has become a hangout spot for homeless transients.

“When he first got there, I told him it’s a nice house, but I keep seeing these people behind there, and they actually broke through his fence before and he repaired it,” said Dale Meadows, who lives across the street. “They actually came up in his yard. I told him you need to put up some security back there cause these people who hang out back there are dangerous.”

Deputies currently have a search warrant for the house and say the homeowner is cooperating with their investigation.

The holy shit part is the 911 call: 

I would have never left the closet after shooting the intruder.  The authorities are there to protect us.  Why the fuck were they telling the man to come out, possibly encountering another intruder on the way??? They should have cleared the house and then communicated to dispatch that the man was safe to come out while the police were in the house with the lights on.  Instead the homeowner basically did 100% of the police's job, nabbing the intruder and then clearing the house.  I bet he walked out to guns drawn on him too.  Such heroes those policemen/women are.  Surprised they didn't hit the late night coffee shop while the man finished all of the paperwork.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like how #52 (the goalie? I don't know lacrosse) who is a rather stout individual, is nonchalantly skating around the action. Probably thinking, "does this mean Dairy Queen is a no after the game?"

Chickenshit move towards the end on number 89.  Dude seemed like throughout the video he was gonna keep the peace and make sure nothing got too out of hand.  When he went in to separate a small scuffle, that guy came in and blind-sided him.  That's bullshit.

Edited by Homesickhorn

53 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I like how #52 (the goalie? I don't know lacrosse) who is a rather stout individual, is nonchalantly skating around the action. Probably thinking, "does this mean Dairy Queen is a no after the game?"