Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
RPM

Shit's Borked

Still having issues with the site recognizing whether content in a thread is read or not. Lots of ghost "Next Unread Topic" links that don't go anywhere, fully read threads showing up as bold or unread threads showing up not-bold. 
Also Chrome, for what it's worth.
The cache is set to 15s for now so I think it may be bugging out. I am going to adjust it to test the difference.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:45 AM, Kyrie Eleison said:

anyone else having problems playing twitter embed vids?

Any updates on this issue? 

For me, it happens in both Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.  All other video formats work fine.  It happens whether or not an ad blocker is enabled.  It has been happening for at least a couple of weeks. 

in Firefox, I turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection. that helped with some of the embed twitter videos.  Firefox also added a facebook tracking thing that was preventing a lot of things from showing up

2 hours ago, McFly said:

in Firefox, I turned off Enhanced Tracking Protection. that helped with some of the embed twitter videos.  Firefox also added a facebook tracking thing that was preventing a lot of things from showing up

Thanks.  I think I will just live without the embedded tweets. 

I hate that half the internet is just twitter aggregators now. I celebrate the loss of embedded tweets.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, idigTexas said:

Any updates on this issue? 

For me, it happens in both Chrome and Firefox on Windows 10.  All other video formats work fine.  It happens whether or not an ad blocker is enabled.  It has been happening for at least a couple of weeks. 

Shockingly, sometimes things aren't all our fault.

• Go to twitter.com
  • To the left of the address bar, click the green text that says Twitter, inc. [US]
  • Click cookies from the menu that appeared
  • Click remove until there are no more left

Can't log in using Safari Private Browsing - iOS 13.4.1* - iPad Pro.  Keep getting error code 2S119/1

*While drunk a night or two ago Apple tricked me into "updating" to this iOS and it completely sucks (by tricked I mean I thought I was telling it "no" on the update but was really saying "yes"... sneaky bastards).  Mail, websites, everything take forever to load and Surly just says fuck off.

Edited by solamente73

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

Try clearing your cache and if you can your cookies for surly.

I had to clear the cache on copy and paste service after my android update last night before it would let me use it again. Highly annoying 

23 hours ago, idigTexas said:

No fault implied, just reporting the issue.  Thanks for the fix, though I think I will just live without clicking on embedded tweets. 

I know you weren't, it's just that most of the time it is our fault, and this is one of the few times it wasn't

On 5/31/2020 at 2:05 PM, blacklab said:

Try clearing your cache and if you can your cookies for surly.

I had to go to non-private browsing and accept cookies on this new iOS to get it to work (for years I’ve been private browsing and no accepting cookies).  Also, I noticed that the usual drop down login isn’t happening; it just redirects to a full login page.  Not my area of expertise; just providing data points in case it helps.