Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I like CDC, he’s a hell of a promoter and fund raiser, but there’s more to the job. He’s not shy about firing women’s sports coaches. He can’t/won’t make executive decisions in the men’s programs. Shaka shouldn’t be drawing a Texas paycheck. 

CDC should tell Herman win out or you’re gone, but he won’t. It only gets better if they can’t sell season tickets. 

None of our coaches in any of our sports are going anywhere until next year.    COVID gives them cover especially if we have to start postponing games.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that we have averaged TRAILING AT HALF TIME in 1/3 of our games per season is startling. 

With our schedule, we should be leading or tied in 75% of our games per season, at least.

exactly.  he sucks and Maryland 2 out front should have told you.  told eveyone in my office after that game he isn't the guy.  laid a huge fucking egg against a team that had their coached fired.

maybe he'll lose to aranda again and give CDC the kill shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BurntEyes said:

I've decided that I'm going to, free of charge, offer my services to Patricio Swayze when he becomes our next head football coach.

Football Fundamentals 101:

3332161c-f6ef-44c5-b4cb-b7cc3e06b991-635787293743493871-453653643.jpg.c300bf79f59aba5fefdce707206933a7.jpg

This is a football. 

It is your friend.

If you have the football you should hold it close, maybe with both arms.

You should keep it from others. If they come close avoid them. If you have a buddy near you with it, don't let others jn different colored clothing get close to him. They are mean and bad.

If you are on the green field and a buddy throws it close to you, use both hands and try to grab it. If you do grab it, remember, it's your friend. Keep it close.

If you don't have it, move towards it. If a mean person in a different uniform is trying to move away from you with it, stop them. It's okay to use both of your arms to do so. Just don't use the top of your helmet. You can try and take it from them if and only if you use both of your hands to stop him first.

If you are far from it, sometimes, occasionally, look back to find out where it is. If a mean person in different color clothing throws it in the air, don't let his friend catch it. 

Never let a mean person in different color clothing be all alone when one of his friends has the ball. This is important because you want the ball back from the mean people. 

There are other rules. You should probably also learn those.

this is my rifle, this is my gun....762 mm full...metal....jacket.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

maybe with an actual AD the big cigars can get on the same page but it is a HUGE maybe.  we are OK with spending 5M-6M for mediocre(meaning 8-5 aggy levels)results as long as no one says that all we care about is sports and winning. we have an image to uphold apparently.

so, we have to suck, in order to succeed.  so, we're on schedule.

abracadabra.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

None of our coaches in any of our sports are going anywhere until next year.    COVID gives them cover especially if we have to start postponing games.  

People keep saying this.  For football, at least, it just isn't true.  We're going to get a full conference slate in this year.  COVID will provide no cover.  

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

agreed but the jury is still out.  he will have to hire the big 3 in the next 2-3 years.  those are the only ones that matter, IMO.

His hires have been aces so far and that's the only thing we can judge him on.  I'm glad he takes the small hires seriously.  He absolutely went out and got the best softb all coach he can get.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

His hires have been aces so far and that's the only thing we can judge him on.  I'm glad he takes the small hires seriously.  He absolutely went out and got the best softb all coach he can get.

Well then, how’s about he hurry the fuck up and get on the big hires already

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Hire Meyer now. Demote Herman if we are going to have to pay this asshole for next year keep him on the staff and name him head cock sucker in waiting. 
CDC your act is wearing thin. You are proving that you are not what you promised you were. You are about saving money, kissing ass, playing it safe, pleasing the wrong people and not giving two shits about winning. Go hire some real coaches. CDC do your job or for the love of God just f’ing admit you don’t have the heart for a program like this. I said ten years ago Mack Brown had created a problem that would take ten years to correct. I was wrong. Looks like it’s going to take 15 years to fix.

• Hook 'Em 2

33 minutes ago, utee94 said:

People keep saying this.  For football, at least, it just isn't true.  We're going to get a full conference slate in this year.  COVID will provide no cover.  

I assume the "covid cover" is more about financials than full complement of games. I hope I am wrong. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1

Only three teams in the Big 12 have a Senior QB this year - Texas, Kansas State, and Baylor. Sam is better than their QBs. 

Okie St, Tech, and TCU all have sophomore QBs. OU has a redshirt freshman QB.

I say this to ask - if not now, then when the hell are we going to win a conference title and make the playoffs under Herman? This was supposed to be the year. Next year we're breaking in a new young QB and we'll most likely be losing our top defender, so it's going to be a tough year. It's now or never for Herman. 

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bruh Man said:

Only three teams in the Big 12 have a Senior QB this year, Texas, Kansas State, and Baylor. Sam is better than their QBs. 

I say this to ask if not now, then when the hell are we going to win a conference title and make the playoffs under Herman? This was supposed to be the year. Next year we're breaking in a new young QB, it's going to be tough. 

narrator: we aren't

5 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Hire Meyer now. Demote Herman if we are going to have to pay this asshole for next year keep him on the staff and name him head cock sucker in waiting. 
CDC your act is wearing thin. You are proving that you are not what you promised you were. You are about saving money, kissing ass, playing it safe, pleasing the wrong people and not giving two shits about winning. Go hire some real coaches. CDC do your job or for the love of God just f’ing admit you don’t have the heart for a program like this. I said ten years ago Mack Brown had created a problem that would take ten years to correct. I was wrong. Looks like it’s going to take 15 years to fix.

Thatsgoingtobeanofrommedog.gif

CDC is arguably one of the best athletic directors in America. He knows football is his breadwinner. He’ll make a change as soon as he can if he sees fit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Only three teams in the Big 12 have a Senior QB this year, Texas, Kansas State, and Baylor. Sam is better than their QBs. 

I say this to ask if not now, then when the hell are we going to win a conference title and make the playoffs under Herman? This was supposed to be the year. Next year we're breaking in a new young QB, it's going to be tough. 

Counterpoint: maybe Sam comes back.

• Hook 'Em 1

Herman will be in full CYA mode at the Monday presser. He’ll say all the right things to cool down the decision makers. Belmont will lean on their flunkies to sunshine pump. “Well last week doesn’t matter if Texas beats OU.” Wash, repeat. 

Herman is that f*** up at work that keeps getting promoted because he knows how to talk his way out of everything. 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that we have averaged TRAILING AT HALF TIME in 1/3 of our games per season is startling. 

With our schedule, we should be leading or tied in 75% of our games per season, at least.

Ehh, the difference is only 1 game between those 2 metrics

Edited by Treefidy
1 game per season

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Dan Mullen, Gus Malzahn, and Kirby Smart can be added to the list of people I’d take over Herman. Saban, Dabo, and Urban go without saying. 

No to Malzahn. He wouldn't be any better than Herman in this conference. He just got throttled by Georgia who still runs the same offense that Herschel Walker was in. 

Herman lost me today. I really thought he was the guy when we hired him. Even after losing to Maryland twice, going 8-5 in a season in which we were supposed to contend for the conference/playoffs, and last week's shitstorm, I still held out hope. Wishful thinking on my part. At this point, it's painfully obvious that he's at best an average coach. There are just too many data points to ignore. If the higher ups actually give a shit about winning, we'll cut bait and hire Urban.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, TXpride said:

Herman lost me today. I really thought he was the guy when we hired him. Even after losing to Maryland twice, going 8-5 in a season in which we were supposed to contend for the conference/playoffs, and last week's shitstorm, I still held out hope. Wishful thinking on my part. At this point, it's painfully obvious that he's at best an average coach. There are just too many data points to ignore. If the higher ups actually give a shit about winning, we'll cut bait and hire Urban.

There have been the entire time. Irrational hope has been the lifeblood of Herman’s tenure. I want him to fail so where done with his overpaid ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

Tom is trying to compete with Charlie for the most undisciplined, poorly coached teams in Texas history. On the bright side, I get my Saturday's back again. Fuck Herman, fuck college football.

What kind of fucking defense leaves the fucking middle of the field wide fucking open that my grandma could drag her dusty pussy down between the hashes for a 40 yard touchdown without getting touched by a defender. And how fucking hard is it to tell the motherfucking linemen not to take 2 steps past the line of scrimmage?

The fuck are we coaching?

I heard that he's dating Kendra Scott. Maybe that's where his head is cause it sure ain't on football.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

120755503_1594818184023793_6057914002015371002_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=J7VaAD8TJ1AAX8zwsd-&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=c4ac6f4e20cee9dded9ba74e54483254&oe=5F9F2A43

That is one hell of a buyout. After last week and obviously today I’m very shaky on Herman. I don’t see CDC firing him this year due to COVID (see Shaka), unless we only win 1-2 more games. He probably will give him all of next year due to $.

Of course I’m hoping Mensa gets it fixed, especially in a down year for the Big 12. But we consistently are the richest or one of the richest athletic departments in the country year in and year out. If Herman is gone, either this year or next, it’s time to put our big dick on the table and money whip a proven coach like Saban, Dabo, or Urban as dirty as it makes me feel about Meyer. No more “up and coming coaches” for the University of Texas.

Anyone have any insight from the Cigars?

1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

That is one hell of a buyout. After last week and obviously today I’m very shaky on Herman. I don’t see CDC firing him this year due to COVID (see Shaka), unless we only win 1-2 more games. He probably will give him all of next year due to $.

Of course I’m hoping Mensa gets it fixed, especially in a down year for the Big 12. But we consistently are the richest or one of the richest athletic departments in the country year in and year out. If Herman is gone, either this year or next, it’s time to put our big dick on the table and money whip a proven coach like Saban, Dabo, or Urban as dirty as it makes me feel about Meyer. No more “up and coming coaches” for the University of Texas.

Anyone have any insight from the Cigars?

15 million is tip money for some of our cigars but as someone mentioned earlier, covid and the energy sector is dipping a bit. I'd like to point out that Urban does not have a buyout.  Givign herm one more year saves money and works for optics

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Everything rides on next week for Herman... one last chance to keep hopes alive.

Lincoln has Tom figured out.  Those assholes will cheat, play dirty like they usually do.  Our candy ass coach will just stand there, masked up with shades, letting the refs and ousux go in raw. 

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas