Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

I didn’t watch one second of the Baylor game.  Stop watching and help tank the ratings.  The only thing those fuckheads in Austin understand is money.  The program needs to be bleeding out so that a change will be made.  I don’t care to watch any more of Herman’s shit product.  He’s as bad as Shaka.  I haven’t watched a UT basketball game on purpose in years!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

A coaching change at Texas wouldn't exactly pass under the radar.  

But if they are seriously considering firing Tom in season if we lose to Ok. State, and would like to minimize the PR drama as much as realistically possible, wonder if there's any significant national event scheduled to occur within the next week or so that would deflect attention ... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

"They are the Number 6 ranked team in the entire country, and this is a really big country with a lot of talented teams . I'd say they're even better than their ranking. But I'm really proud of our guys, they fought all game. I told each of them in the locker room just how proud I am. I can honestly say to a man, there's not a single quitter on this team and they love playing for each other. It's reeeally hard to win in this league. Every week you're playing a really good team. We had a great practice on Sunday and we'll cleanup our mistakes.

This team is unique in that we haven't been able to have our normal camps and practices due to covid. I haven't seen any film of the game yet, we're focused on going 1-0 starting on Saturday. " 

[Drinks water for 10 seconds]

You forgot:

"You got to give credit to OSU, they have a consistent long term coaching staff.  You know, a guy Mike Gundy didn't always succeed and his early years were rough but OSU saw the value in long term consistency and they stuck with him..." 

(Looks around the room nervously, wipes some sweat from his brow)

"A team like OSU is hard to beat, not like one of those teams with a revolving door of head coaches who are always starting over... Ahem"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

We need that 2015 OSU-Texas officiating to come through on Saturday to get rid of Herman. Defensive holding on a run play, ref bumping the coach on the sideline type shit. I'd offer up payment to the officials myself, but I honestly think they would do it for free.

The Big 12 undoubtedly has a very vested interest in the outcome of this game, this is for sure. 

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

You people are putting a lot of faith in a coach (Mike Gundy) that has not been proven historically to win big games.

I hate to break it to you, but this isn’t a big game for Gundy. We are not challenging for the conference and not really their main competition for the Big 12. 

13 minutes ago, Getafix said:

A coaching change at Texas wouldn't exactly pass under the radar.  

But if they are seriously considering firing Tom in season if we lose to Ok. State, and would like to minimize the PR drama as much as realistically possible, wonder if there's any significant national event scheduled to occur within the next week or so that would deflect attention ... 

I agree. It should be easy to hide while The Bachelorette switches from Clare to Tayshia.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Line is only  -3.5

I just don't get this.  In my opinion, it should be a TD or more.  We absolutely suck with no continuity on offense and a defense that likes to go for the big hit rather than actually tackle.  Chuba will probably run wild on this group.  Herman will turtle and Sam will have to do it all again.  There's no way Sam will make it through the season not hurt.  I expect Casey to be in against Kansas State.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pearlandhorn said:

I just don't get this.  In my opinion, it should be a TD or more.  We absolutely suck with no continuity on offense and a defense that likes to go for the big hit rather than actually tackle.  Chuba will probably run wild on this group.  Herman will turtle and Sam will have to do it all again.  There's no way Sam will make it through the season not hurt.  I expect Casey to be in against Kansas State.

and home field advantage is usually worth 3 points...so basically vegas is saying Okie lite is a half point better than Texas...I dont see it 

11 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Agree about the point spread. Good chance what you say about Sam happens, but I wouldn't predict it as a certainty. I wouldn't automatically sell Casey short though if he comes in. He's got potential. Too bad Turtle Tom has kept him from getting more live reps.

32 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

and home field advantage is usually worth 3 points...so basically vegas is saying Okie lite is a half point better than Texas...I dont see it 

36 minutes ago, pearlandhorn said:

Didn't ya'll read the news coverage after the Baylor game?  Texas righted it's ship by beating that tough baylor opponent.......*barf*

Remember that one time in Stillwater back in 2005, when Vince did his thang? That was pretty incredible. I want to watch that game over and over. LHN should do a fund raiser raffle for a chance to win a watch and study film session with VY. (All proceeds will go to the “Can The Herman -Hire the Meyer Fund”)  I enjoy that game more than the rose bowl. 
oh, and one more thing, Tom Herman is ass.

I eagerly await what mid-tier inexperienced coach with one marquee win Texas brings in next. Maybe there is an up and comer from the division 3 ranks or Oregon private school world that can be the next savior of Texas football.

I have zero faith that Texas isn't going to fuck this up.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

i have almost zero faith that herman is canned after this weekend... even with a texas loss.  what and when has texas ever showed this to be a possibility to fire a coach "so early"?

is there any actual news or reports that we might actually be looking?

4 minutes ago, Eugene11 said:

i have almost zero faith that herman is canned after this weekend... even with a texas loss.  what and when has texas ever showed this to be a possibility to fire a coach "so early"?

is there any actual news or reports that we might actually be looking?

May I refer you to pages 1-296 hereof, as well as the photographic evidence therein. Rumor, wild speculation, guessing, and ninjas. So in short, yes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I eagerly await what mid-tier inexperienced coach with one marquee win Texas brings in next. Maybe there is an up and comer from the division 3 ranks or Oregon private school world that can be the next savior of Texas football.

\ thats not cdcs mo

every coach he has hired at his tenures have been proven power 5 winners

even at tcu he hired a big name in mens basketball

Edited by hornfromdallas
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

well you will be waiting a while because thats not cdcs mo every coach he has hired at his tenures have been proven power 5 winners

even at tcu he hired a big name in mens basketball

Say, it's been a few days and we'll probably be stuck in a bit of a lull until Saturday evening. Hows abouts dropping a nugget, or at least another photo of UM's sideburn? Whats the mood on the team?

• Hook 'Em 1

Remember that one time in Stillwater back in 2005, when Vince did his thang? That was pretty incredible. I want to watch that game over and over. LHN should do a fund raiser raffle for a chance to win a watch and study film session with VY. (All proceeds will go to the “Can The Herman -Hire the Meyer Fund”)  I enjoy that game more than the rose bowl. 
How did you not go with "Can the Herman, hire the Urban?"
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

.....You think Vince is gonna study film.......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Say, it's been a few days and we'll probably be stuck in a bit of a lull until Saturday evening. Hows abouts dropping a nugget, or at least another photo of UM's sideburn? Whats the mood on the team?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Spoiler

not football related but the texas basketball team has looked very good in closed practice 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Well, history is on your side given Texas hasn't hired a competent coach who could compete nationally since 1957.

2 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

I didn’t watch one second of the Baylor game.  Stop watching and help tank the ratings.  The only thing those fuckheads in Austin understand is money.  The program needs to be bleeding out so that a change will be made.  I don’t care to watch any more of Herman’s shit product.  He’s as bad as Shaka.  I haven’t watched a UT basketball game on purpose in years!

The problem with that is that nobody ever asks me what I’m watching.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

You forgot:

"You got to give credit to OSU, they have a consistent long term coaching staff.  You know, a guy Mike Gundy didn't always succeed and his early years were rough but OSU saw the value in long term consistency and they stuck with him..." 

(Looks around the room nervously, wipes some sweat from his brow)

"A team like OSU is hard to beat, not like one of those teams with a revolving door of head coaches who are always starting over... Ahem"

Outstanding

2 hours ago, RGBIII said:

I'm guessing vegas is not considering home field as a big advantage this year given limited attendance.  maybe a point?

Very reminiscent of John Mackovic in that regard. Mackovic would occasionally do infuriating things offensively to "prove" that he could. They often blew up in his face.
Specifically, I recall losing to Baylor in 1997 despite Ricky Williams carrying the ball 31 times for 241 yards and 2 TDs (7.8 yd/carry avg. and being completely unstoppable), Mackovic went away from giving him the ball in the 4th quarter and we lost 23-21. But at least JM was the smartest guy in the stadium that day.
Mackovic almost got his butt whipped by a fan that day. But there were bars/gate that prevented access to him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas