Jump to content
Prepuce of Doom

Official "Fuck this stupid ass-commercial" thread

Recommended Posts

I guess the Peloton ad is the current social media trending topic for the "look at me crowd" to comment on. Its dumb like most commercials, but of course they are reading more into it than really is there. I just assumed she indicated at some point that she wanted one. Shading on the husband for reasons one imagines is peak social media nonsense. Also, do people not realize that exercising is about more than losing weight? She could have been 116 lbs and in need of serious aerobic exercise to improve her health. And feeling healthy, even if still thin, can be just as life changing as losing weight. I can be a jaded asshole too, but I hate when the social media nerds all find something to dogpile on and think it's clever. It's a joke I might make with my buddies if they show it during a football game. I don't need to be broadcasting my stupid little jokes to everyone hoping to start "trending."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 'stache said:

I guess the Peloton ad is the current social media trending topic for the "look at me crowd" to comment on. Its dumb like most commercials, but of course they are reading more into it than really is there. I just assumed she indicated at some point that she wanted one. Shading on the husband for reasons one imagines is peak social media nonsense. Also, do people not realize that exercising is about more than losing weight? She could have been 116 lbs and in need of serious aerobic exercise to improve her health. And feeling healthy, even if still thin, can be just as life changing as losing weight. I can be a jaded asshole too, but I hate when the social media nerds all find something to dogpile on and think it's clever. It's a joke I might make with my buddies if they show it during a football game. I don't need to be broadcasting my stupid little jokes to everyone hoping to start "trending."

OK, PeloTom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any commercial where the husband is giving his wife a gift.  I'm not getting us two new vehicles for Christmas and, if I were, you wouldn't get the truck.  I'm not dressing up like Santa and giving you jewelry.  Every time one of those commercials comes on, I have to explain that none of those people are real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 'stache said:

I guess the Peloton ad is the current social media trending topic for the "look at me crowd" to comment on. Its dumb like most commercials, but of course they are reading more into it than really is there. I just assumed she indicated at some point that she wanted one. Shading on the husband for reasons one imagines is peak social media nonsense. Also, do people not realize that exercising is about more than losing weight? She could have been 116 lbs and in need of serious aerobic exercise to improve her health. And feeling healthy, even if still thin, can be just as life changing as losing weight. I can be a jaded asshole too, but I hate when the social media nerds all find something to dogpile on and think it's clever. It's a joke I might make with my buddies if they show it during a football game. I don't need to be broadcasting my stupid little jokes to everyone hoping to start "trending."

it's a bad commercial. an exceptionally bad one. one so bad that thousands and thousands of people can't help but to comment and make jokes about how bad and nonsensical it is. don't read too much into it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

it's a bad commercial. an exceptionally bad one. one so bad that thousands and thousands of people can't help but to comment and make jokes about how bad and nonsensical it is. don't read too much into it. 

Yeah, it's a stupid commercial. But people are commenting that the wife is somehow being pressured by the husband to lose weight. I just don't get that at all. In general, I think it's absurd to pay $2500 for an exercise bike, but the other implications being thrown out there are just dumb and internets being internets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Any commercial where the husband is giving his wife a gift.  I'm not getting us two new vehicles for Christmas and, if I were, you wouldn't get the truck.  I'm not dressing up like Santa and giving you jewelry.  Every time one of those commercials comes on, I have to explain that none of those people are real.

Don't forget the Hall of Fame commercial of the dude asking Simple Jack kid if he can marry the boy's mother.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah, it's a stupid commercial. But people are commenting that the wife is somehow being pressured by the husband to lose weight. I just don't get that at all. In general, I think it's absurd to pay $2500 for an exercise bike, but the other implications being thrown out there are just dumb and internets being internets.
The original unit was at a much lower cost, but rich woke white folks wouldn't sniff it at the low price thinking they were of cheap quality. Peloton took off once they raised the price to ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every commercial this time of year goes balls to the wall trying to tug at your heartstrings, and it's so desperate and transparent that i don't know why SNL doesn't literally just do parodies of current commercials.

i saw an ad yesterday where (I believe) Elena Della Donne was tugging at my heartstrings for 30 seconds giving me the life story of her mentally and physically handicapped sister, and the entire time it's running i'm like, "is this a new e:60 or is this an ad for something? what are you trying to sell me?" literally 30 seconds of this life story stuff and then at the end there's just a Toyota logo followed by some newly minted slogan about helping people or making the world better together or something.

 

Edited by Goo Punch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Don't forget the Hall of Fame commercial of the dude asking Simple Jack kid if he can marry the boy's mother.

 

Just a reminder about how much different this ad comes across when you watch it without sound. Check it out if you haven't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just read that Peleton's stock has dropped 10% due to "online outage" over their stupid ass commercial. Best news yet is they are probably going to wind up pulling it off air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...