Bob Stoops to be HC for Dallas...XFL !

Bartles

Putting X in front of random things to indicate how extreme they are is about as 90s as you can get. Is this going to be some sort of retro league? Will they be running the I-Formation option and the Run and Shoot offense? Ample use of the 46 defense?

Edited by Valmy77

53 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Makes some sense. Lower pressure than the NFL so he doesn't have to work those strenuous ten-hour days. No recruiting. They're probably paying a premium for a few name coaches/players/etc to drive interest. 

Yep.  I bet it’s a job he has to work 20 hours a week during the season and none outside of it.  

41 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Putting X in front of random things to indicate how extreme they are is about as 90s as you can get. Is this going to be some sort of retro league? Will they be running the I-Formation option and the Run and Shoot offense? Ample use of the 46 defense?

No they'll run the X Formation and the X and shoot.

Ample us of the 4X defense.

13 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

When is the kid he fucked at OU finally gonna speak up?

You don’t retire from that job to do this a few years later.

I would like for this to be true, but I think you're basing it on a dated conception of coaching. Coaches didn't retire from jobs like that and then take make-ready work a few years later back when they a big contract was a million bucks for five years.

Stoops probably earned $75 million in coaching salary alone, so if he kept half of it and then spent half of it, he has nearly $20m in the bank before any kind of wealth shelters and investments. Not many coaches would rather sit on millennial couches and beg them to play football (and then coax good football out of them and hope they don't rape anyone in four years) for a living. That's all it would take to retire once you'd had enough of it. And then if someone says "Hey dicksucker, we'll pay you a million bucks to run a pro franchise that fucking nobody cares about, part time"-- how hard is it to believe Stoops wants to feather his nest with easy money?

It's more fun to imagine he had a torrid gay affair with a man-bun wearing, "Whiteness In America" studying sociology major, but the truth is probably closer to "he's a thin-skinned middle class dude who earned what he thought of as fuck-you money so he quit a job that made him work hard and caught him a lot of criticism". 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Well,

the defense will be able to hit in this league.

Thats Extreme!!

19 hours ago, TexasTroll said:

Well,

the defense will be able to hit in this league.

Thats Extreme!!

Actually if they want people to watch that's the way to go. Bill it as the "no whiny pussy league" and put a massive jackpot of millions upon millions to the league champions. Then style it like 90s NFL with no helmet to helmet, no tapping the QB in the helmet penalties, and all that stuff. 

Make it gladiator football and I think people will watch because they can no longer get that from the NFL. 

20 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I would like for this to be true, but I think you're basing it on a dated conception of coaching. Coaches didn't retire from jobs like that and then take make-ready work a few years later back when they a big contract was a million bucks for five years.

Stoops probably earned $75 million in coaching salary alone, so if he kept half of it and then spent half of it, he has nearly $20m in the bank before any kind of wealth shelters and investments. Not many coaches would rather sit on millennial couches and beg them to play football (and then coax good football out of them and hope they don't rape anyone in four years) for a living. That's all it would take to retire once you'd had enough of it. And then if someone says "Hey dicksucker, we'll pay you a million bucks to run a pro franchise that fucking nobody cares about, part time"-- how hard is it to believe Stoops wants to feather his nest with easy money?

It's more fun to imagine he had a torrid gay affair with a man-bun wearing, "Whiteness In America" studying sociology major, but the truth is probably closer to "he's a thin-skinned middle class dude who earned what he thought of as fuck-you money so he quit a job that made him work hard and caught him a lot of criticism". 

You do realize this is Bob Stoops we are talking about, he fucking did something!