How Fox News works

retread

28 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

Noted here before... My dad and his wife did not want to come visit us this past summer out of fear about the anarchy in Seattle and Portland. We live in the far north west suburbs of Seattle, and three hours from Portland. 

When they got here, they were stunned at how "normal" everything was. Did it change their perception? Maybe cause them to reconsider watching Hannity and Carlson? 

Nope. "Sure glad they cleaned it up before our visit!" 

In laws come to Austin regularly and they still think this.

16 hours ago, NWBuck said:

Noted here before... My dad and his wife did not want to come visit us this past summer out of fear about the anarchy in Seattle and Portland. We live in the far north west suburbs of Seattle, and three hours from Portland. 

When they got here, they were stunned at how "normal" everything was. Did it change their perception? Maybe cause them to reconsider watching Hannity and Carlson? 

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Have had multiple relatives ask why Austin got rid of their police force.  

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

ah, so you have a "dumb side" of your family too? I sometimes wonder whether I rose above my genetic potential OR one half of my family completely squandered theirs. I get more satisfaction from the idea of the former, but my guess is it's the latter

• Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, don't go to Chicago.  You'll be MURDERED!

I go to Chicago a lot for work.  Every time I tell my Grandmother I'm heading there, she has a freakout about me getting killed by gang violence.  Every. Time.

20 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is a semi-regular point of discussion for my dad to this day.  He's concerned that we've gotten rid of our police force and no matter how many times I explain to him what actually happened, he just needs to make sure I'm being safe with no police 3 or 4 times a year.  

It's amazing, really.

22 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Liberal policies leaving trail of death and destruction. Good gravy. 

22 hours ago, NWBuck said:

21 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, don't go to Chicago.  You'll be MURDERED!

21 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ah, so you have a "dumb side" of your family too? I sometimes wonder whether I rose above my genetic potential OR one half of my family completely squandered theirs. I get more satisfaction from the idea of the former, but my guess is it's the latter

i mean, it's like yall forgot about the fucking global caliphate thread on the old board.

no go zones in london and paris! the muslims have sharia law and the cops won't police there! 

it was all bullshit then. it's all still bullshit, but it has cemented in the minds of the stupid.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/147566-Islamic-Caliphate

have a fun read. i wonder who clear lake horn is over here.

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

i mean, it's like yall forgot about the fucking global caliphate thread on the old board.

no go zones in london and paris! the muslims have sharia law and the cops won't police there! 

it was all bullshit then. it's all still bullshit, but it has cemented in the minds of the stupid.

http://www.shaggytexas.com/board/showthread.php/147566-Islamic-Caliphate

have a fun read. i wonder who clear lake horn is over here.

It's not Pearland Horn?

23 hours ago, NWBuck said:

A lady I know took here kids to her hometown in Mexico.  Her kids were scared of going and needed constant assurance it would be fine.  Kids had a blast. 

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I go to Chicago a lot for work.  Every time I tell my Grandmother I'm heading there, she has a freakout about me getting killed by gang violence.  Every. Time.

This is a semi-regular point of discussion for my dad to this day.  He's concerned that we've gotten rid of our police force and no matter how many times I explain to him what actually happened, he just needs to make sure I'm being safe with no police 3 or 4 times a year.  

It's amazing, really.

My mom felt this way about me going to Miami.  We lived in Ft. Lauderdale, but the NEWS had convinced her it was Escape from New York.  

not deserving of its own thread, and i hate to throw the DT crowd a bone, but man...

r\antiwork is a subreddit that has exploded over the past several months. This is largely on the back of images of text exchanges (some of them may even have been real) where managers make outrageous demands of their low wage employees and get told to suck a dick by their workers who have become wise to the 2021/2 reality that shitty jobs are easy to replace and employees are not. This kind of stuff

image.png.a54e94c5d9b8853483aeaeacbd407606.png

from there it's tried to become some sort of... beacon of "the great resignation" or maybe a loosely organized pro labor anti capital movement or whatever - it's reddit, so you get the idea.

anyways, Fox News invited the mods to come on air for an interview and because making smart decisions is hard they made the choice to send up Doreen here to talk to Fox. I have to assume that this is that one weird... so far left he's right poster whose name escapes me, and I have to imagine that everyone in the studio had a massive erection for this whole segment. Anyways now the subreddit is private/gone.

no idea who this account is, just a tweet with the video

man, even for what this is you'd think someone would get how this was a bad idea. Must be massively frustrating for folks who actually have some cogent thoughts and ideas around this subject.

ok. so, I don't understand the full context, because I refuse to watch nonsense Fox videos, but the "Americans are done with working" chryon is confusing.  How do these fox news viewers think people are making money if they aren't working?  They just think that unemployment benefits are for everyone and infinite?  That's it isn't it?  They literally think the government just pays people to not work forever?  So it's a big steal from their taxes?  Is that the story?

The story is that Fox News viewers earn their SS disability checks through hard work and the American dream, and they are being victimized by welfare queens who, because of their laziness, have caused Carl's Jr to be closed and not serving breakfast sandwiches. Whether it makes any sense that this is what is happening is not important - the main thing is that you are smart and work hard and that's why you're slightly above the poverty line unlike these slackers who are taking your tax dollars to buy their iPhones and avocado toast.

Part of the story is this subreddit that grew to over a million members over the course of 2021 where people talk about generally far left labor stuff, "the great resignation", etc. Fox got the primary mod to come on the air, and she is exactly the worst (or for Fox's narrative, the best) person to get up and try and defend the movement or whatever, she bombed so badly that they've shut the subreddit down.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Celery Man said:

not deserving of its own thread, and i hate to throw the DT crowd a bone, but man...

r\antiwork is a subreddit that has exploded over the past several months. This is largely on the back of images of text exchanges (some of them may even have been real) where managers make outrageous demands of their low wage employees and get told to suck a dick by their workers who have become wise to the 2021/2 reality that shitty jobs are easy to replace and employees are not. This kind of stuff

from there it's tried to become some sort of... beacon of "the great resignation" or maybe a loosely organized pro labor anti capital movement or whatever - it's reddit, so you get the idea.

anyways, Fox News invited the mods to come on air for an interview and because making smart decisions is hard they made the choice to send up Doreen here to talk to Fox. I have to assume that this is that one weird... so far left he's right poster whose name escapes me, and I have to imagine that everyone in the studio had a massive erection for this whole segment. Anyways now the subreddit is private/gone.

man, even for what this is you'd think someone would get how this was a bad idea. Must be massively frustrating for folks who actually have some cogent thoughts and ideas around this subject.

I am also not going to watch. There’s an embedded assumption that a Reddit sub has a GOOD person to send on air.

Anyway, the story here is that 2.1 million people get on Reddit to bitch about their shitty jobs and fantasize over (probably fake) quitting stories.

For the Fox News demographic, think of it like the bar but on internets. 

On 1/26/2022 at 7:55 PM, Celery Man said:

isn't this the guy who wants Fauci to stop working...no actually, he advocated ambushing him with a kill shot.  No consequences. None.

15 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Adam Carolla on Fox admits that its her sexual attractiveness that obsesses them.  What a self-own.

So Corolla is going the Kid Rock/Dennis Miller way?   Well, there's a market for that.  He'll turn a buck in that niche faster than in straight comedy. 

21 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So Corolla is going the Kid Rock/Dennis Miller way?   Well, there's a market for that.  He'll turn a buck in that niche faster than in straight comedy. 

Don't forget Jim Breuer and Dr. Drew.  I haven't even thought about Corolla since the Loveline/Man Show days. All of these 1990's entertainers have apparently spent the last two decades smoothing their brains out to Fox News propaganda and want to come back now to ruin their legacies.

Edited by Tom

11 minutes ago, Tom said:

Don't forget Jim Breuer and Dr. Drew.  I haven't even thought about Corolla since the Loveline/Man Show days. All of these 1990's entertainers have apparently spent the last two decades smoothing their brains out to Fox News propaganda and want to come back now to ruin their legacies.

They know easy marks, how much easier does it get than a Fox News viewer? 

The last time I heard from Corolla was his podcast with Dennis Miller, probably 6-8 years ago. Sometime in the first few episodes he went off on this tangent about how Tina Fey is overrated by the librul media because she played Sarah Palin. He was very upset about it. Even Miller was like "Damn babe I think you're over your skis here cha cha". 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I had no clue Dr Drew was anti-vax. I forgot he was even a thing. Let's check in on what he has going on...

https://twitter.com/drdrew/status/1489336269804957701

It's pretty nuts what he has become.  I thought he performed a pretty admirable public service back in the Loveline days.  It's sad to me when smart doctors become pieces of shit.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Yeah, but Corolla...it's gotta sting that his old buddy Kimmel is making money by the wheelbarrow, and he's not doing shit.  Those guys were joined at the hip forever, and now kimmel makes more in a year than Adam has made in his entire life. 

And you know who replaced Corolla on the Man Show?  Joe Rogan.

26 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I had no clue Dr Drew was anti-vax. I forgot he was even a thing. Let's check in on what he has going on...

https://twitter.com/drdrew/status/1489336269804957701

Dr Drew was pretty hot in the very early days of Covid, as all of my conservative friends decided he knew much more about infectious diseases and pandemics than anyone else in the world.