2019 NBA FInals - Warriors vs. Raptors

NowThis

Just now, BigOrange1 said:

steph just went 6/17 in an elimination game.  he should catch some shit for that.

He had 3 full-court heaves. Not that 6-14 is remarkably better; gotta find a way to get up more than 14 shots, regardless of the defense being playing. 

I think my favorite stat line is Danny Green going 0-0 with a rebound, a few assists, and a turnover. Isn't the adage "shooters shoot"? Don't think I've ever seen such a prolific shooter completely hide from shots as often as he does, and still come back a few games later like he's Ray Allen.

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
31 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:
Did anyone else just have a Merci Tony Parker commercial or was that local to San Antonio? Seemed a bit harsh right after Kawhi hoisted the trophy.

San antonio is one notch below Boston for fan bases I pity.

Try living here and being a fan without a team. 

56 minutes ago, F250 said:

Kawhi was not a major factor when the Spurs took down the Heat. Kawhi didn't take down the Spurs but ran off like a little bitch and the Raptors beat a very wounded Warriors team. Kawhi is a very good player but he hasn't ended shit.

Someone’s salty and bitter.

• Like 1

so uh, this might seem tangential, but i really don't think it is- this playoffs/this series, imo, reinforces and accentuates Jordan's greatness. It's a textbook example of how hard it is to win three in a row. It's exemplary of why it's so rare. And Jordan did it twice. He is the GOAT, and this is a reminder of why. IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

so uh, this might seem tangential, but i really don't think it is- this playoffs/this series, imo, reinforces and accentuates Jordan's greatness. It's a textbook example of how hard it is to win three in a row. It's exemplary of why it's so rare. And Jordan did it twice. He is the GOAT, and this is a reminder of why. IMHO. 

It definitely proves how incredibly taxing it is to play 100+ games (20 of them being absolute dog fights) year after year. No matter how talented you are, you need a little luck as well (or a two-year baseball hiatus because you're wore the fuck out).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

So Houston slides into the drivers seat for the west right after these injuries right?

Are we just going to * their championship if they win it just like in 94 & 95 when Mike retired for a few years?

Aren’t they about to blow that team up? I guess it depends on whether or not LA can make Anthony Davis happen.

8 minutes ago, UTDD said:

My goodness, now with Klay this is maybe the most brutal way to lose an NBA Finals I can ever recall.  

GS got cheap with their training staff and look what happened to their best players. They weren’t falling apart like this last year.

6 minutes ago, UTDD said:

My goodness, now with Klay this is maybe the most brutal way to lose an NBA Finals I can ever recall.  

They have to be absolutely shell-shocked right now. I mean, where the fuck do they even go from here? I assume they'll still offer both KD and Klay the max. But what if they both take it? Go through a season of wearing Steph into the ground in the hopes that one or both are around for the postseason?

42 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Geez. The way he got up and sorta walked it off, I thought it was a sprain at worst.

KD and Klay have shown inhuman amounts of toughness these last couple of games. i've subluxed one kneecap five times and torn my opposite MCL/dislocated that knee, and i promise you i was screaming like my entire body was on fire every single time. it's truly unreal how these guys handled those two totally severe injuries. 

Edited by Goo Punch

Congrats to Toronto.  Mixed feelings obviously, but this championship is fantastic for basketball in Canada.  For Golden State.... wow.  I don't have the words.  I thought months ago their "dynasty" would be over after this year as I saw KD leaving but holy shit.  I've never seen a team decimated like this in a Finals for next year.  Not only are they not a real contender for next year, but this is probably it.  By the time both can come back, their window is over.  Brutal ending for a fantastic team.  Curry played small tonight and they needed him to be the superstar that he is...

38 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

KD and Klay have shown inhuman amounts of toughness these last couple of games. i've subluxed one kneecap five times and torn my opposite MCL/dislocated that knee, and i promise you i was screaming like my entire body was on fire every single time. it's truly unreal how these guys handled those two totally severe injuries. 

Klay hit both fucking free throws. Unreal.

I dont watch a lot of basketball and didnt watch tonight....but i can say Leonard most likely wrapped up is all-time great status tonight

First Finals MVP in both leagues and 3rd most pts in a single play-offs

If he bolts and leads a 3rd team to the championship that will be insane (if lebron doesnt beat him to it) but then we'll have to see which FA's effect the scenario

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i wonder if it has to do with them being all-world athletes and you an overweight slob. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i wonder if it has to do with them being all-world athletes and you an overweight slob. 

i hope that multiple people report this post and you get banned, because you are absolutely worthless, and you 100% deserve it. great job adding nothing but insecure shit talk, as usual. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Haha 1

Oh man he went on a negging spree of any recent post for laughing at that. Fragile Derka strikes again 

gonna neg spree the whole site for not blowing you for calling Toronto in 6?

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, runthebone said:

That 0 for 8 go ahead FGA in the final 20 seconds of a playoff game is amazing.  Imagine how much shit Harden would get for that. 

well, Harden could fall back on his rings and past championships...

3 hours ago, WJC88 said:

Someone put some vodoo on the Warriors for leaving Oakland. That's the only way I can understand the devastating injuries that happened. 

It was Lebron. East on the upswing, West declining especially with this. Now he can sell his guys on an easier run to the Finals. The voodoo dolls with pins in them are somewhere in his house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh man he went on a negging spree of any recent post for laughing at that. Fragile Derka strikes again 

gonna neg spree the whole site for not blowing you for calling Toronto in 6?

Rofl rofl, why would someone be so butthurt over an absolutely true statement?

• Fuck You 2