Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

11 minutes ago, satyanash said:

No one wants to connect the dots re: Samples leaving and the sudden turn in CTJ's recruitment (although plenty will flame anyone who does, apparently). So instead the thread has turned into a "CTJ just got paid, no real issues here folks"-type narrative.

I think the impact will be felt again next cycle with Savion Byrd.

Idk what’s better, aggy misery or satya declaring doom and gloom. 

Denying money in the recruitment with CTJ’s dad being all in on Auburn when they hired the former Ole Miss DB coach. 

source.gif

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Har har. People are downplaying Samples' departure in a big way.

I will say that there's a lot more catalysis going on with the 2021 group, but it's important to have a guy like Samples in your corner with these types of recruitments.

Its not har har, its a pattern with you. We landed a 5 star at a dire position of need that no one thought we had a shot with on friday, and we landed a stud LB for 2021, AND we had pretty good intel that CTJ was going to Auburn, so you were prepared for this...and yet you can’t help showing up and wallowing in bad news. 

This weekend is still a net positive, by a large margin. A large fucking margin. Samples may be a size-able loss this year, but if we keep winning it won’t matter. The good news is Herman already has the talent he needs to win on campus. Now its just coaching and the rest will take care of itself. So for fuck’s sake, crack a beer or smoke a bowl, or watch YouTube videos of natural disasters and masturbate. Whatever it is you do to celebrate.  

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

On 8/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, Not a Sock said:

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Har har. People are downplaying Samples' departure in a big way.

I will say that there's a lot more catalysis going on with the 2021 group, but it's important to have a guy like Samples in your corner with these types of recruitments.

I thought with Bijanukah we would get at least a weekend of vagina free satya posts.  

17 minutes ago, satyanash said:

No one wants to connect the dots re: Samples leaving and the sudden turn in CTJ's recruitment (although plenty will flame anyone who does, apparently). So instead the thread has turned into a "CTJ just got paid, no real issues here folks"-type narrative.

Nobody is saying that. We’re saying CTS got paid. 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Its not har har, its a pattern with you. We landed a 5 star at a dire position of need that no one thought we had a shot with on friday, and we landed a stud LB for 2021, AND we had pretty good intel that CTJ was going to Auburn, so you were prepared for this...and yet you can’t help showing up and wallowing in bad news. 

This weekend is still a net positive, by a large margin. A large fucking margin. Samples may be a size-able loss this year, but if we keep winning it won’t matter. The good news is Herman already has the talent he needs to win on campus. Now its just coaching and the rest will take care of itself. So for fuck’s sake, crack a beer or smoke a bowl, or watch YouTube videos of natural disasters and masturbate. Whatever it is you do to celebrate.  

Someone needs to do the sex to @satyanash so he'll be less insufferable. Not it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, satyanash said:

You will never be able to prove that losing Samples affects any recruitment now that he is gone. By virtue of leaving, that's an impossibility. All that remains is for you to make purely speculative claims. I do appreciate all the content from behind the paywalls you post.

Edited by sith_horn

I don't think a parent from DFW pushing their kid towards an SEC school right now is that odd.

Typically, the type of parent who moves their kid from school to school based on whatever team is hot also are the type of parent who favors the SEC.  Just from what I see and the parents I know.

That Mansfield Legacy group last year that sent four kids to Arkansas and Alabama.  Marcel Brooks.  Lewis Cine.  Brian Williams.  All kids who switched schools one or two times.  All ended up SEC.

The kids who shifted from Desoto to Cedar Hill to Duncalville.  The kids who move from Fort Worth to Aledo or Fort Worth to Mansfield.  I'm surprised when Texas lands one of them.  Samples helped with Jackson (he transferred in his sophomore year I think).

Maybe I'm making a false connection.  It's just a vibe I get.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fellside said:

I don't think a parent from DFW pushing their kid towards an SEC school right now is that odd.

Typically, the type of parent who moves their kid from school to school based on whatever team is hot also are the type of parent who favors the SEC.  Just from what I see and the parents I know.

That Mansfield Legacy group last year that sent four kids to Arkansas and Alabama.  Marcel Brooks.  Lewis Cine.  Brian Williams.  All kids who switched schools one or two times.  All ended up SEC.

The kids who shifted from Desoto to Cedar Hill to Duncalville.  The kids who move from Fort Worth to Aledo or Fort Worth to Mansfield.  I'm surprised when Texas lands one of them.  Samples helped with Jackson (he transferred in his sophomore year I think).

Maybe I'm making a false connection.  It's just a vibe I get.

A couple of things, 1.) As stated previously in this thread the Legacy kids to Arkansas made all kinds of sense, there were connections there. 2.) All SEC teams are not created a equal, a parent steering their kid to Alabama, sure, a parent steering their kid to Auburn with a dead man walking as head coach, not so much. And 3.) Top kids change schools all over the state, it’s not just limited to certain areas of DFW, and those kids  end up here too. Jackson was the transfer and he’s here. I’m not even sure CTJ was, I know he was at Duncanville as a freshman.

1 minute ago, Lonestar88 said:

A couple of things, 1.) As stated previously in this thread the Legacy kids to Arkansas made all kinds of sense, there were connections there. 2.) All SEC teams are not created a equal, a parent steering their kid to Alabama, sure, a parent steering their kid to Auburn with a dead man walking as head coach, not so much. And 3.) Top kids change schools all over the state, it’s not just limited to certain areas of DFW, and those kids  end up here too. Jackson was the transfer and he’s here. I’m not even sure CTJ was, I know he was at Duncanville as a freshman.

As to 1) the parents I know hype the SEC in general all the time.  And for 2) I had a part written up about how schools like North Shore are similar in that regard.  I get that there are exceptions.  I'm just saying it's the vibe I get coming into contact with people in DFW.

48 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

So now CTJ will always mean the poster, not the player. That simplifies my life. 

until he finally J's, then its the player.

As for CTJ the player, Oregon going to make them look bad right here in big D in a couple weeks.  He'll have a front row seat.

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

His old sig used to be something like “Mack brown put me on this ledge and Greg Davis will send me soaring off it.”

so one might think he’s backed off by now. 

Ha!  I see.  Mack and co. sent all of us to that ledge, it was a crowded stoop.  Lets hope we all get to back away for some time.

Edited by jdhorn92

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

Or here’s another way to connect the dots:

1. Sec

2. Auburn 

3. They came on late while we’ve been involved for two years. 

4.  Db coach is from ole miss.  Yes that ole miss. 

5.  We’ve had more success putting dbs in the Nfl    Lose a qb recruit to ou yea I get it    Lose a rl recruit to bama sure makes sense   

6.   His best friend And teammate are coming here. 

7. They paid cam

8  gus could lose his job  

9. We have crushed it the last few weeks yet you come up for air when we actually lose one  

but yea let’s blame it on losing samples   I know you’re a schtick and some of the turds on this site find it charming but shut the fuck up already  sec schools will pay if needed   You’re not too vapid to believe that  isn’t possible  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, satyanash said:

You are such a rube.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Make your case.  What does Watts bring to the table that Eaton doesn’t.  

Watts film looks much better IMO.  Eaton is mostly playing WR and looks like he doesn't like contact.  Watts is physical and looks good in coverage.  Watts has 4.20 shuttle ( couldn't find any on Eaton ).  JMO.