Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

26 minutes ago, futureman said:

I read the comments.  not even in the same ballpark as aggy.  aggy are subhuman.  

They’re not as bad, but they move in that direction. I love the posters who act like they know which recruits we haven’t landed yet and what that will do to our average. I’ve been around those cocksuckers. They are definitely detached from reality. I was at a house party in Columbus the night before we beat them in 05. They kept telling me they were going to beat us by two touchdowns. They knew nothing about Vince. Their world begins and ends at the Columbus city limits. I can’t stand them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

They’re not as bad, but they move in that direction. I love the posters who act like they know which recruits we haven’t landed yet and what that will do to our average. I’ve been around those cocksuckers. They are definitely detached from reality. I was at a house party in Columbus the night before we beat them in 05. They kept telling me they were going to beat us by two touchdowns. They knew nothing about Vince. Their world begins and ends at the Columbus city limits. I can’t stand them. 

Well, you know what they say about their quarterback...

20 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Pretty much any conversation at that time: "DON'T CARE! UNDEFEATED AT NIGHT IN THE SHOE!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

One of the sites posted on Wednesday or Thursday that they expected 4 commits before the la tech game, and 5 was more likely than 3. Since then we got Alford and Johnston, with Eaton coming up on Friday. Ideas on who the 4th and maybe 5th would be?  Jordan?

Yeah my guess is Jordan, with the “maybe”  being Collins. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chili dog said:

Yeah my guess is Jordan, with the “maybe”  being Collins. 

Alfred is almost assuredly going to be a Longhorn but he seems pretty intent on taking all his allotted OVs first.

I'd love to see him go ahead and shut it down. 

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A poster on IT’s board is from Tucson and knows a couple coaches at Salpointe Catholic. He said Ransom is still in contact with our coaches and hasn’t shut his recruitment down despite committing to OSU. Possibly visiting for the LSU game.

Zona Horn is far from nails, but he's a good source for confirmation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Bijan Robinson, my dude

In his interviews, Robinson sounded like he was not going to pressure Ransom to play together. It seemed like initially Robinson was being pressured to commit to OSU by Ransom. If Robinson is able to flip the script, then I'm all for it. But it certainly didn't seem to be the case around the time Robinson committed to UT.

In his interviews, Robinson sounded like he was not going to pressure Ransom to play together. It seemed like initially Robinson was being pressured to commit to OSU by Ransom. If Robinson is able to flip the script, then I'm all for it. But it certainly didn't seem to be the case around the time Robinson committed to UT.

Wouldn’t it be telling if the hard close for Ransom on Robinson to OSU doesn’t stick, and the soft close for Robinson with Ransom to Texas does. The long game, my dudes.

3 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Hopefully the southwest to midwest move is starting to feel uneasy for Ransom.  I can’t imagine wanting to move from Arizona to Ohio as a teenager.  A move to Texas or California seems like the much more natural fit.  

Some people just like fat midwestern chicks in flannel shirts and some people don't need to have decent Mexican food every once in awhile.  Ransom may be one of these people.

16 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Hopefully the southwest to midwest move is starting to feel uneasy for Ransom.  I can’t imagine wanting to move from Arizona to Ohio as a teenager.  A move to Texas or California seems like the much more natural fit.  

I mean...Ohio has...and...and especially.... So yeah.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A poster on IT’s board is from Tucson and knows a couple coaches at Salpointe Catholic. He said Ransom is still in contact with our coaches and hasn’t shut his recruitment down despite committing to OSU. Possibly visiting for the LSU game.

Need to get #milroe on the phone with this man.

19 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

The spring/summer official visits were Delany's master stroke. Best thing that's ever happened to the Big Ten.

2 hours ago, Chili dog said:

They are as bad, it’s just different. The fact they actually have skins on the wall vs aggy gives the appearance they aren’t. Deep down, not that different as obnoxious fans go. At least they have experienced actual success and can speak with knowledge of such. But they are equal in the way they nauseate outsiders.

43 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Weirdly enough, Jackson Sumlin seems fairly pro UT. Likes Carrington a lot. Walk on candidate maybe? Seems to be boys with Bijan and Ransom. 

Would that really be that weird? Sumlin probably feels like he got dicked over by A&M, and I never got the sense that Sumlin hated Texas beyond the fact that he was trying to win at A&M so we were the obvious recruiting rival.

• Like 3