Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

2 hours ago, luke duke said:

My wife just labeled all of the light switches. We’ve lived here since 2006.

d9e5ae6a56a7367d1c9ca042383fd287.jpg

Shouldn’t be “Fan” and “Lights”?  Is the switch not in the living room?

Edited by Upgrayedd
If the switch turns on the Living Room, awesome
  • Like 1

1. complains about the clutter in the garage.
  2. says she wants to have a garage sale.
  3. brings home more random stuff that her grandmother was going to throw away.
  4. puts it in the garage.
  5. complains about having to sort/price stuff for her garage sale (which likely wont happen for another 6mos).
  6. complains about the clutter in the garage.

We have the same wife I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, uoftorange said:

Doesn't add all of the different chemicals.  I want something I fill with chemicals 5-6 times a year and it does the rest.

Mrs. Hoffa- You don't always have to yell at the boys, you are always too hard on them, etc

Me- I am not yelling at them I just expect them to listen and follow the rules, etc.

Literally the next day...................

One of our sons fucks up and we need to explain to him why it isn't acceptable, etc. I don't say a word and just let my wife handle it as "I am always yelling at them, too hard on them, etc.

After she gets done ripping him a new asshole-

Mrs. Hoffa- Why didn't you say anything? Why do I always have to be the bad guy? 

Me-

tenor.gif?itemid=5986427

• Like 1

18 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

She just got a label maker huh?

man, i got the label maker and i love tagging shit but she hates it.  we got all this sauces and jams and a bunch of fucking jarred and tupperwared shit in the freeze that nobody cant identify from god knows fucking when.

#tagginglife

anyone else's wife(mind you on her phone 85% of the tv watching time) ask you "is this the only thing on"  to get you to change the channel when its clear either of us are not paying attention to whatever Jimmy Fallon has on his show tonight. I have no idea if this is the only thing on. Its 11:30 PM on a Wednesday. Its this, cash cab or property bros.

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

My wife brings home stuff work that they are throwing away. Totes that are too small to be of any use, countless disposable chaffing dishes with half used cans of fuel from catered lunches, a case of expired teddy grahams (no one here eats them, we’re not 4 years old).

I let it sit in the garage for a week then toss it in the trash

So my son is almost 7 and we are about to get him a queen size bed so that we can use the bedding that my wife bought 3 years ago because “it was just perfect”.

I took the opportunity to have him help me build a headboard for it. We are going with a rustic pallet board style, but with nicer Pine. Everything is cut, sanded, ready to stain and assemble, but guess who can’t decide what color stain to use. I have already stained 10 different samples using 5 different stains letting them sit for various times, and guess who is going back to Home Depot for another stain at lunch? I know it is on me, but I wish I would have just done it without asking her opinion.

Nothing brings out the crazy in a woman like a project for the house.

3 hours ago, Flg8rfan said:

My wife brings home stuff work that they are throwing away. Totes that are too small to be of any use, countless disposable chaffing dishes with half used cans of fuel from catered lunches, a case of expired teddy grahams (no one here eats them, we’re not 4 years old).

Worse, we will be watching a show and she will ask me to rewind it or have me explain the last 5 minutes of what just happened because she was on her phone. 

My wife wants me to sit in the living room with her so we can watch shows together.  Never mind the fact that she's playing some dumb game on her phone or laptop the whole time. She just wants me in there, like a dog or something. No thanks, I'll chill in the study.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

My wife wants me to sit in the living room with her so we can watch shows together.  Never mind the fact that she's playing some dumb game on her phone or laptop the whole time. She just wants me in there, like a dog or something. No thanks, I'll chill in the study.

Those candies aren't going to crush themselves. 

6 hours ago, Flg8rfan said:

My wife "recycles" plastic grocery bags.

Instead of throwing them away, she stuffs them in a drawer in the kitchen.

About once a week, I open the drawer, pull out about half of the bags, and throw them in the trash.

She has literally never taken empty bags back to the store.

• Like 1

About once a week, I open the drawer, pull out about half of the bags, and throw them in the trash.

My MIL saved all of them. Every one. When she had enough, she’d fill a full size hefty bag with them, then stick it up in the attic. In Houston. When we cleaned out the house after she died, we found sack after sack of them. Which, in the Texas heat, had decayed into powder/snow. We opened one bag, white pieces everywhere. We trashed the rest after just a peek inside to confirm “yep, more fucking plastic bags.”
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Mine tries to store them under the sink.  She has a container designed for them that was full, so she started putting them in another bag.  I throw them away each week after she goes to the store.  

She learned that if something is now gone, it has been thrown away.  

8 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Mine tries to store them under the sink.  She has a container designed for them that was full, so she started putting them in another bag.  I throw them away each week after she goes to the store.  

We have a drawer in the kitchen that somehow holds more plastic bags than it's actual capacity should handle.  I try to keep the kids away from it in case it just explodes.

I found my wife’s stash, same disposition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I keep some plastic bags. I take leftovers or pre-made meals like chicken and rice or chili in individual packed ziploc containers for lunch. They are handy for carrying them.  

When I worked in grocery stores that had a plastic bag recycling box, we’d empty straight into the dumpster when it was full. Paper bags and cardboard were crushed and sold for $100 a ton or so.  

Edited by Johnny Sack

8 hours ago, Flg8rfan said:

turn off your tapatalk sig

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I keep some plastic bags. I take leftovers or pre-made meals like chicken and rice or chili in individual packed ziploc containers for lunch. They are handy for carrying them.  

When I worked in grocery stores that had a plastic bag recycling box, we’d empty straight into the dumpster when it was full. Paper bags and cardboard were crushed and sold for $100 a ton or so.  

Appropriate username.

• Like 1

So my son is almost 7 and we are about to get him a queen size bed so that we can use the bedding that my wife bought 3 years ago because “it was just perfect”.

I took the opportunity to have him help me build a headboard for it. We are going with a rustic pallet board style, but with nicer Pine. Everything is cut, sanded, ready to stain and assemble, but guess who can’t decide what color stain to use. I have already stained 10 different samples using 5 different stains letting them sit for various times, and guess who is going back to Home Depot for another stain at lunch? I know it is on me, but I wish I would have just done it without asking her opinion.

Fuck HGTV

This is a bed for your son. Paint it black and put a Batman logo on it. Or whatever he's into. Same with sheets and blankets.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Modessit said:
19 hours ago, JSB said:

This is a bed for your son. Paint it black and put a Batman logo on it. Or whatever he's into. Same with sheets and blankets.

Don't forget to use the new atrocious bedding she's had for 3 years as a drop-cloth so you don't stain your garage floor.  Two birds, one stone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Modessit said:
21 hours ago, JSB said:

Read more  

nfl-sheets-1975b-sears-catalog.jpg

• Like 4