Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

34 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

He runs a memorabilia company and had players come do signing events. Seems like a solid reason to have sources so it's worth a data point. 

Where’s the memorabilia company?

I’m thinking we gave Hicks and his dad something they weren’t expecting on Saturday. The amount of DL havoc was astounding and unprecedented under this DC. Add in the fact that OU was only winning 7-3 in the 3rd quarter and ATM looks like ass, and maybe we got his attention. Just speculating. 

46 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

There is now a rumor on IT that Hill was denied tickets to the Bama game, because the UT coaches heard he had made some disparaging remarks about some Texas players.

So my next question is, which one of you mother fuckers is Anthony Hill?

We don't tolerate meanies. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

There is now a rumor on IT that Hill was denied tickets to the Bama game, because the UT coaches heard he had made some disparaging remarks about some Texas players.

So my next question is, which one of you mother fuckers is Anthony Hill?

Wasn't Hill originally going to wait into the season a bit to see how both teams looked?  Guess that money bag at the pool parry was to much to turn down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Texas Longhorns: Wednesday AM recruiting nuggets

Gerry Hamilton•5 minutes

Article written by:Gerry Hamilton

GHamilton_On3

Anthony Hill (Scott Schraeder/WeAreSC)

The Texas Longhorns continue to make runs at top target, and evaluate seniors to move toward completing a second straight top 5 class.

Inside Texas provides the latest on a number of Texas targets to get your Wednesday started.

Anthony Hill and Texas

The Texas Longhorns have not given up on On3 Consensus 5-star linebacker and Texas A&M verbal Anthony Hill. And they will not give up on him until he signs. The Texas staff and Hill continue to keep the lines of communication open.

Hill is scheduled to make his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. That will be Hill’s fifth, and final official visit.

Don’t expect the Texas staff to back off On3 Consensus 4-star EDGE and Oklahoma verbal Colton Vasek either.

Texas talking to Jai Euegne

Texas defensive backs coach and Pelican State ace recruiter Terry Joseph is in communication with Tulane verbal Jai Eugene Jr..

“Coach Joseph stays in contact with me,” Eugene Jr. told Inside Texas. “He and my dad are really close, so we talk often.”

The Longhorns are working to get the 6-foot, 190-pound high school quarterback, cornerback and safety on campus for a game this season. When he makes that visit, he will not be the lone Destrehan High prospect making the trip to Austin.

“No, I don’t have a visit planned yet. I’m not sure, but it will be during the season. Kolaj Cobbins and I plan on going during the season for a game.”

The No. 160 ranked Cobbins is a top 2024 EDGE target for the Longhorns.

Eugene has connections with at least two prospect from the state of Louisiana. One is On3 Consensus No. 1 Arch Manning, the other is a a receiver for the Longhorns.

“Arch and I are real cool. We talk about every week about our games. As far as Texas, that was his mindset from the jump. I know Casey Cain pretty good too because he is from the area.”

Along with Texas, Michigan is working to get Euegen back on campus. At the end of the day, the son of former LSU defensive back Jai Eugene is looking for his happy place.

“I’m just trying to find myself. What me makes happy, and where I can develop and succeed.”

image.png.83da40dd3a43a50f1ce07c0d7b6738c4.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Wasn't Hill originally going to wait into the season a bit to see how both teams looked?  Guess that money bag at the pool parry was to much to turn down.

Pretty hard to turn down that kind of money. He put it into an IRA and is earning 5% interest on a fairly conservative diversified portfolio. He will have enough to retire at the age of 57.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Pretty hard to turn down that kind of money. He put it into an IRA and is earning 5% interest on a fairly conservative diversified portfolio. He will have enough to retire at the age of 57.

You're assuming that the actual committed money to get Hill will actually still be there by the end of the season. Boosters committing money and those checks actually showing up are two different things. And that's not taking into account any other funds that might suddenly be needed to stench the flow of guys exiting through the portal. Money could be a real problem. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The Hill recruitment would not be over for two reasons I can think of:

1) Texas may say fuck it and go all in on him with ATM potentially falling apart. 

2) Major ATM NIL support will dry up if things don’t improve and Fisher refuses to address his staff.  

A combination of 1 and 2 would be a power move for us.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

You’re assuming that his point was an 18 year old football player with NFL expectations is going to be wowed by the possibility of investing in a conservative portfolio that will allow him to retire at 57.

I was more addressing the absurdity that would allow his absurdity to even be considered, sir. 

13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was more addressing the absurdity that would allow his absurdity to even be considered, sir. 

I actually thought you made a good point. I think a lot of people assume that when a school offers a million to a recruit that the recruit actually receives a million. Personally, I think most university presidents would be ashamed if their football programs were controlled by a bunch of shysters.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The Hill recruitment would not be over for two reasons I can think of:

1) Texas may say fuck it and go all in on him with ATM potentially falling apart. 

2) Major ATM NIL support will dry up if things don’t improve and Fisher refuses to address his staff.  

So do these massive coaching contracts create massive nooses for athletic departments? If Fisher, Kelly or any of these coaches with decade long contracts piss the boosters off and they pull their NIL support and recruiting crashes, the product on the field crashes and then your booster are even less likely to want fund even more money. How the hell do stop something like this from becoming a self sustaining crash?

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Texas Longhorns: Wednesday AM recruiting nuggets

Gerry Hamilton•5 minutes

Article written by:Gerry Hamilton

GHamilton_On3

Anthony Hill (Scott Schraeder/WeAreSC)

The Texas Longhorns continue to make runs at top target, and evaluate seniors to move toward completing a second straight top 5 class.

Inside Texas provides the latest on a number of Texas targets to get your Wednesday started.

Anthony Hill and Texas

The Texas Longhorns have not given up on On3 Consensus 5-star linebacker and Texas A&M verbal Anthony Hill. And they will not give up on him until he signs. The Texas staff and Hill continue to keep the lines of communication open.

Hill is scheduled to make his official visit to Texas A&M this weekend. That will be Hill’s fifth, and final official visit.

Don’t expect the Texas staff to back off On3 Consensus 4-star EDGE and Oklahoma verbal Colton Vasek either.

Texas talking to Jai Euegne

Texas defensive backs coach and Pelican State ace recruiter Terry Joseph is in communication with Tulane verbal Jai Eugene Jr..

“Coach Joseph stays in contact with me,” Eugene Jr. told Inside Texas. “He and my dad are really close, so we talk often.”

The Longhorns are working to get the 6-foot, 190-pound high school quarterback, cornerback and safety on campus for a game this season. When he makes that visit, he will not be the lone Destrehan High prospect making the trip to Austin.

“No, I don’t have a visit planned yet. I’m not sure, but it will be during the season. Kolaj Cobbins and I plan on going during the season for a game.”

The No. 160 ranked Cobbins is a top 2024 EDGE target for the Longhorns.

Eugene has connections with at least two prospect from the state of Louisiana. One is On3 Consensus No. 1 Arch Manning, the other is a a receiver for the Longhorns.

“Arch and I are real cool. We talk about every week about our games. As far as Texas, that was his mindset from the jump. I know Casey Cain pretty good too because he is from the area.”

Along with Texas, Michigan is working to get Euegen back on campus. At the end of the day, the son of former LSU defensive back Jai Eugene is looking for his happy place.

“I’m just trying to find myself. What me makes happy, and where I can develop and succeed.”

image.png.83da40dd3a43a50f1ce07c0d7b6738c4.png

Euegne

Eugene Jr.

Euegen

Eugene

What the hell is this guy's name and are we even talking about the same person? Is Gerry a professional writer?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

So do these massive coaching contracts create massive nooses for athletic departments? If Fisher, Kelly or any of these coaches with decade long contracts piss the boosters off and they pull their NIL support and recruiting crashes, the product on the field crashes and then your booster are even less likely to want fund even more money. How the hell do stop something like this from becoming a self sustaining crash?

If I knew the answer to that, my stock portfolio would look a lot better. 

51 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I think step 1 in avoiding that kind of problem is to not be dumber than a bag of rocks. In other words, don't wake up in the morning as an aggie or a fucking cajun imbecile and you've got a better chance of avoiding this kind of shit.

I understand Saban and Swinney having 7+ year contracts for $10+million/year, but there isn't a justification for any other coach having anything that resembles that. Absurdly, Texas currently looks like it doesn't have its head shoved firmly up its own asshole for once when it comes to the football HC's contract. Let's hope it stays that way for a while. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

Just win baby

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

just for funsies - Anthony Hill and Jalen Hale would put Texas at the #1 class, if for just briefly, above Alabama. Losing bug mountain would put the Maroon Buffoons at 36 between Kentucky and Purdue but also behind Duke and Pittsburgh.  

Just for fun, what would it look like if we got Hale, Hicks, Hill, D. Wilson, and Toviano? 

• Hook 'Em 1