Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

8 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

I am curious if these kids understand the tax implications of getting paid in California versus getting paid in Texas? Wouldn't an NIL contract at USC require state taxes, or do they have a work-around for that? 

99% of them don't understand taxes, let alone the differences in state income tax rates. But yes, it makes a difference. NIL is taxed as 1099 income, in most cases.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Also, regarding Duce Robinson, I wouldn't view my prior take as gospel. As far as I've heard, no one would be surprised by any of the big 3 schools staying on him. If Texas NIL finds a quarter of a million hidden in its couch cushions, I'd be pretty optimistic.

If 100 of us want to contribute an additional $210/month for 12 months to Burnt Endz, Robinson could hear about it and be on campus in June. I'm all for it. But, hey, not sure there are 99 others ready to light an extra $2520/year on fire simply to be able to get an autograph or something from the guy. We're not talking about chump change for anyone.

I’m down if 98 more are. I’m not so much interested in an autograph as in hearing wailing and gnashing of teeth and the lamentations of their women throughout the Big 12 on the way out of this dumpster fire. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, I would now argue that there is a decent chance that Robinson enrolls at Texas in June. I don't think I would take even odds or anything, but I'll take Texas over anyone else as it stands now. Should be fun to watch.

I, for one, would welcome this. We are losing a shitload at WR, and almost certainly Sanders at TE, for the 2024 season and we're going to need a serious influx of receiving talent over the next 18 months to be ready for Arch's first year of domination. Robinson could step right in and start with the best QB in the country. Not a bad pitch.

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

FWIW, I would now argue that there is a decent chance that Robinson enrolls at Texas in June. I don't think I would take even odds or anything, but I'll take Texas over anyone else as it stands now. Should be fun to watch.

They found that that money you mentioned in Reds coffin? Too soon?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

I, for one, would welcome this. We are losing a shitload at WR, and almost certainly Sanders at TE, for the 2024 season and we're going to need a serious influx of receiving talent over the next 18 months to be ready for Arch's first year of domination. Robinson could step right in and start with the best QB in the country. Not a bad pitch.

Duce, imo is a year 1 contributor in a flex type role and split out. Too much of a talent. 

30 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

@immamac - let us know when to expect the Burnt Endz capital call

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s just a byproduct of all the fisting. 

no amount of snark and veiled jealousy will change the simple fact that I know what I’m talking about and you do not.  as such, I continue to bat 1.000.  it’s lonely at the top but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 1

13 hours ago, RGBIII said:

The time is always right now...just dont ask me when you are getting your cups lol

11 hours ago, Viper said:

Hey imma got me my cup

If there are cups, but not enough for everyone, then perhaps sharing is the answer. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe…

2 guys / 1 cup

👀

17 hours ago, futureman said:

no amount of snark and veiled jealousy will change the simple fact that I know what I’m talking about and you do not.  as such, I continue to bat 1.000. it’s lonely at the top but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. 

Future odds on what happens first?

-Waddle to Texas

-2023 Looch 44

On 2/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, closetojumping said:

Tried to tell y’all my source is solid