Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, TommyGufano said:

Garland or Arlington?

I thought Garland was White Water. 

There were 2 White Waters and 1 Wet n Wild. 

I remember being in 5th grade and playing videos games dripping wet at White Water…and getting shocked. In hindsight, seems like a really bad idea.  

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I thought Garland was White Water. 

There were 2 White Waters and 1 Wet n Wild. 

I remember being in 5th grade and playing videos games dripping wet at White Water…and getting shocked. In hindsight, seems like a really bad idea.  

Some internet sleuthing seems to suggest it was White Water until they sold to Wet n' Wild in 1986. It was always Wet n' Wild to me, as I was born in '86

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

when Duce enrolls here you have to fist @JesusSweatDuck’s wife.  don’t worry, it’s like a windsock.  piece of cake. 

Why don't you be a leader and show us how easy it is to leave this planet. Don't worry, well follow your lead. We promise 

Edited by JesusSweatDuck

Gerry Hamilton update on Duce recruitment.

Duce Robinson and family members continue to communicate with USC, Texas and Georgia.

There continues to be more chatter about USC’s position improving.

And now a little chatter about UGA’s not being as strong as before.

Still trending to a USC-Texas decision if the family remains in Phoenix. Baseball remains a serious factor.

The April 1st decision day surprised me.

The MLB Draft is mid July. If he’s serious about round ball, he should wait and see where he gets drafted. It’ll briefly hurt him in football, but I think it’s the smart play long term. 

He should have a pretty good idea of where he’s going if he gets invited to the MLB Combine in late June. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

On 2/25/2023 at 8:19 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Just found out randomly that my wife worked with Trevor goosby’s dad at wet n wild when they were teens. How can I use this information to become a program insider?

LOL. I played summer league hoops with Mike. Great guy. He damn near made the Cowboys as a UDFA WR. He was a very late cut. 
And yeah, having a buddy work at Wet-n-Wild as a high schooler was the shit. 

6 hours ago, NTVTXN said:

LOL. I played summer league hoops with Mike. Great guy. He damn near made the Cowboys as a UDFA WR. He was a very late cut. 
And yeah, having a buddy work at Wet-n-Wild as a high schooler was the shit. 

Goosby might be my favorite linemen in this class. Think he has great potential as he grows and redshirts.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Anything about Deuce Robinson? Still looking at the April 1 date? Seems odd that being one of the top prospects left on the board it it has gone pretty much radio silent for any news at this point.

Last I heard U$C and GA were the leaders and GA seemed too far away.

Ctj said something about Texas needing to find a better NIL offer for us to be considered. 

Edited by Mr. Mojo Risin'

5 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Last I heard U$C and GA were the leaders and GA seemed too far away.

Ctj said something about Texas needing to find a better NIL offer for us to be considered. 

New shit has apparently come to light...

On 2/23/2023 at 12:30 PM, closetojumping said:

FWIW, I would now argue that there is a decent chance that Robinson enrolls at Texas in June. I don't think I would take even odds or anything, but I'll take Texas over anyone else as it stands now. Should be fun to watch.

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

As an update, I don’t have any updates. Haven’t talked about him with anyone in over a month. 

8 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

What the fuck, man? What do we even pay you for? 

This was still more informative than anything from ketch or the 9.95 crew…ketch.gif.10da4961e6dedde3f5e3993b5c5837fa.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Anything about Deuce Robinson? Still looking at the April 1 date? Seems odd that being one of the top prospects left on the board it it has gone pretty much radio silent for any news at this point.

Sources say he’s still coming 

• Hook 'Em 1