Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

29 minutes ago, Vermin said:

Landing a 5* from Louisiana but missing out on a Westlake player would sure be something.

Local players have heard for 12 years about their local university underperforming and  failing to develop talent. It’s constantly in the news, creating dissatisfaction with the local player community. Win and we will get all the local talent. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

She’s not underrated.  She’s properly rated as on of the hottest hotties in the history of hotness.

Weirdly enough, the only movies on her filmography I've seen are The Perfect Storm and Inside Out. Not exactly showcases for her.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Weirdly enough, the only movies on her filmography I've seen are The Perfect Storm and Inside Out. Not exactly showcases for her.

Definitely one of those that has the ability to play an ordinary, girl-next-door role (Perfect Storm) and then also be able to pull off very elegant, sexy (Unfaithful).

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Shanahan shows up at the end of the month, texags and the gig'em board will be more worried about that than who's at the pool party.

I don't think it'll happen, but at this point it seems Sark is just doing whatever he can to fuck with Jimbo.

Wait this could happen? Thought we had no interest at all in Shanahan. I’m a total Westlake homer and I’m not totally sure I want him but fuck it. He’s got a mean streak at guard and toying with aggy since the sec announcement has been a fucking blast 

Now if we take Shanahan, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t take Greathouse. I know he loves Norte dame but like 8 or some shit or his former teammates are on the team. Arch throwing to him in the slot and on goal line jump balls would be unfair. 

This is pretty awesome. Under Herman and Hand, Shanahan and Greathouse would be top targets while going all in on Novosad or some shit. Got damn this is fun 

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Chalk me up as a hater on the Shanahan stuff. He’s not a difference maker and now it gets to be set up as an ATM recruiting victory. I’m now hoping that Texas is intervening in order to steer the guy towards Clemson or wherever. 

4 D chess!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, texifornia said:

I think it's worth looking at the guys outside of the Top 200, since it is the big aggy talking point:

RB Tre Wisner, DeSoto (Texas) High
On3 Consensus: No. 306
#AllGasNoBrakes

-He's good, especially as the second RB take. Commitable offers across the SEC (including aggy and OU), kind of surprised the composite is this low.

WR Jonah Wilson, Houston (Texas) Dekaney
On3 Consensus: No. 260
#AllGasNoBrakes
-I'm not sure anyone's super jazzed about it, but Marion's recruited him since he was at Pitt, and he's the bottom-of-the-position-group flyer. Sort of bready, but fine.

TE Will Randle, New Orleans (La.) Isidore Newman
On3 Consensus: No. 512 
#AllGasNoBrakes

-#ArchMadness

TE Spencer Shannon, Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei
On3 Consensus: No. 654
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Big fucking kid. Plays for a powerhouse high school. Kind of a lightweight offer list. Banks locked in on him as soon as Kaiuway's knee blew up, which is a good sign in that we didn't have to drop way down our board.

OT Trevor Goosby, Melissa (Texas) High
On3 Consensus: No. 469
#AllGasNoBrakes 

-That ranking's going up. The services are getting really high on him. OT in a very weak in-state year for tackles.

IOL Connor Stroh, Frisco (Texas) Wakeland
On3 Consensus: No. 492
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Big fucking kid. Dropped a lot of weight, prototype Flood OL, good take for what he likes.

IOL Andre Cojoe, Mansfield (Texas) Timberview
On3 Consensus: No. 742
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Big fucking kid and really young. Film is real meh. Probably the breadiest take - give him a couple years in the weight room to see if he grows into his size, and if not the Portal awaits.

DL Dylan Spencer, Houston (Texas) C.E. King
On3 Consensus: No. 253
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Underrated - just had a super quiet recruitment and isn't a camp guy.

DL Sydir Mitchell, Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic
On3 Consensus: No. 321
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Criminally low ranking for a DL who was picking between Bo Davis, Elijah Robinson, and UGA.

EDGE Billy Walton, Dallas (Texas) South Oak Cliff
On3 Consensus: No. 716
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Low floor, high ceiling. Bready, EXCEPT for his cousin flirting with 5-star status.

LB S’Maje Burrell, Fort Worth (Texas) North Crowley
On3 Consensus: No. 232
#AllGasNoBrakes

-See Dylan Spencer

LB Liona Lefau, Kahuku (Hawaii) High
On3 Consensus: No. 354 
#AllGasNoBrakes

-Rankings are all over the place on this kid. Choate loves him, fun film, I'm into the take.

Catching up on this thread this morning. Years of posting TexAgs screen shots has made you way, way too adept at this game.