About those LSU 'heat' cramps free timeouts

clapclapclap

13 hours ago, White Tiger said:

That is just another example of the classlessness at UT.  It goes along with your linemen holding on just about every play.  Is "Cosmi" Italian for  the command form of "hold it"?  

Wait . . . the field officials were from the SEC.  By my recollection, we were called for two offensive holding penalties (Braun and Eagles).  Did these SEC refs just ignore all the other holds?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

It would come off as petty and the satisfaction wouldn't be worth the effort or cost. Getting some of the major sports media to put out the counter statements and evidence is probably worthwhile. But ESPN and their like may prefer to push the false narrative as agent provocateurs for ratings.

Not with anyone that matters. Look, those who want to see bad with everything Texas will do so no matter the evidence put before them. OU fans, Aggie and an element of LSU and SEC fans will follow their cult religion. It's good that CDC put out his statement and if that data of the temperature log is put out there, great too.

So glad someone understands this.

Just now, sith_horn said:

Not with anyone that matters. Look, those who want to see bad with everything Texas will do so no matter the evidence put before them. OU fans, Aggie and an element of LSU and SEC fans will follow their cult religion. It's good that CDC put out his statement and if that data of the temperature log is put out there, great too.

I get that some people are already predisposed to hate Texas. But this is about the other people, their impressions will gradually be changed overtime by these kinds of media smear campaigns.

34 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Dude just called into Bucky and Erin and said that the temperature in that locker room stayed between 68 and 74 the entire night, and yes it's monitored by computer and documented. 

22 minutes ago, blacklab said:

FOIA has been filed

Oh, shit, please bust these fools!!

12 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Even if the AC wasn't working for some reason Orgeron really crossed the line there. I am supposed to believe they had trouble with the AC and just didn't mention it to anybody? They kept it a secret for some reason and then just decided to launch an attack on the integrity of our university for some reason? He had to go public instead of talking to somebody from UT about it?

That is inexcusable. What a disgusting human being. LSU should be ashamed of this stunt, because that is all it is a stunt designed to destroy our reputation because it seems just winning a game is not sufficient. Have any officials at UT ever smeared LSU in this way? No, of course not. 

Oh but we are "classless". 

I think you're taking this a little too seriously.  There is nothing LSU could ever do to actually affect our reputation in any significant way.  They're swamp trash, and everyone knows it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I get that some people are already predisposed to hate Texas. But this is about the other people, their impressions will gradually be changed overtime by these kinds of media smear campaigns.

I'm not worried about either "some" people or "other" people. 

Let's verify that the visitor's locker room temp controls are working, and let's focus on more important things like hiring good profs and admitting good students.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Honestly, not sure. I missed the first part of his call. I just heard him say there was some maintenance dept meeting this morning where this was discussed.

I partially heard the call too and tempted to go back and listen on podcast section of The Horn app. It's right near the very end of the B and E show.

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Let's control the things that we can control to boost our rep.

Indeed. But if you mean hiring great professors and admitting great students the Athletic Department doesn't do those things. They have the resources and time to deal with this smear by LSU. If CDC has the time to deal with every malcontent on Twitter, he can handle this....or we can. 

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Well even if you disagree it matters, at least we can agree that it is still unacceptable for Ed Orgeron to do this shit.

I can agree to that.  We should do everything in our power to reveal him as the liar he is, but we should do it methodically, slowly, and sanely.

This ain't checkers it's chess.

Ed O and LSU vs the University of Texas in a chess match?  Well, I think you know who comes out on top in that one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Wait . . . the field officials were from the SEC.  By my recollection, we were called for two offensive holding penalties (Braun and Eagles).  Did these SEC refs just ignore all the other holds?

we certainly got SEC'd in the ref department.  SEC officiating is as corrupt as it gets.   the roughing was one of the worst piece of shit calls in history.  that play is exactly how you play fucking football.  I hope our Big 12 refs return the favor.

we need neutral for these big games.  why not get a pac  12 crew or big 10 or even AAC.

edit: the refs didn't cost us the game, our first half playcalling and CB's did.

Edited by dcar00

Just now, Tex Long said:

It's obvious to all that the main issue here is deflecting attention from the Thirteen Cramp assholery. And it's working quite well.

But there's more.

Y'all missing the end game here. Swamp kitties gonna pull an Arkansas and cancel the return game and not play us next season. 

Wouldn't be surprised in the least.  Since they're losing so many Seniors this year.  They've already shown themselves to be complete pussies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think you're taking this a little too seriously.  There is nothing LSU could ever do to actually affect our reputation in any significant way.  They're swamp trash, and everyone knows it.

correct.  we just need to "bat the bunny" around a little for some fun.  No one believes LSU is an institution of higher learning...

Is the visitor locker room at DKRTM Stadium an inadequate space deliberately designed to make the other team uncomfortable?

The only mention I’ve ever read about the state of that locker room was a report after Kansas visited a few years back, the coach’s part of the room had some towels on the floor that were smeared with shit. That generated some Mangino jokes on HF.

• Haha 1

One thing is for sure - the rant@closetojumping went on long before the game, which asserted that fans who had a decent impression of LSU were wrong, and that the "university," its coaching staff, fans, abd the state they're all located in are all complete and utter trash... That was absolutely correct.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Heard from someone at La Tech that traveled with the team. They had zero issues with the AC and they were never contacted by Ed Orgeron or LSU regarding anything like this. Orgeron made this shit up out of whole cloth, which is the typical cajun maneuver when the narrative is working against you. Just corrupt it and make your own bullshit up. 

If UT was worth one fuck when it comes handling its PR and the media, they'd be calling La Tech to confirm or deny the Orgeron story. Same for reporters. 

Beyond all of that, I wish we had done something to the fucking AC. It's perfect handling of fuckfaces from Louisiana. In any event, had there been no AC, the howling and whining coming out of their locker room from about 3pm Saturday forward would have been too loud for anyone to ignore. 

Or, fuck it, La Tech probably has no public interest of getting involved. Texas should just come out and say that they contacted LT and that LT staunchly denied having any issues or talking to Orgeron about UT facilities. LT will say and do nothing. Then what will LSU or Orgeron do besides get mad? Fuck'em. They're a piece of shit institution making a mockery of higher education and Orgeron is a cheating, woman-beating, lying piece of shit who should actually be spending his days in prison or as an alligator hunting guide. They can go fuck themselves together and die violently for all we should care.

• Like 3

for those that can't see twitter embeds: 

Louisiana Tech head coach Skip Holtz weighs in on whether Texas had AC in visitor locker room: “I do not know the answer. I wasn’t the one who talked to anybody in Baton Rouge. I don’t remember it being like a sauna, and I don’t remember it being cool.”

Edited by ultimaton

23 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

It's obvious to all that the main issue here is deflecting attention from the Thirteen Cramp assholery. And it's working quite well.

But there's more.

Y'all missing the end game here. Swamp kitties gonna pull an Arkansas and cancel the return game and not play us next season. 

I love cookie monsters quote about having more IV's a halftime.  you don't need that many IV's for the 2 players that actually cramped out of 13.

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Or, fuck it, La Tech probably has no public interest of getting involved. Texas should just come out and say that they contacted LT and that LT staunchly denied having any issues or talking to Orgeron about UT facilities. LT will say and do nothing. Then what will LSU or Orgeron do besides get mad? Fuck'em. They're a piece of shit institution making a mockery of higher education and Orgeron is a cheating, woman-beating, lying piece of shit who should actually be spending his days in prison or as an alligator hunting guide. They can go fuck themselves together and die violently for all we should care.

Here is what he purportedly said about it.  Clearly doesn't want to get in the middle.   Ed is a lying fuck.   How anyone in the media actually buys this nonsense is beyond me.

Louisiana Tech head coach Skip Holtz weighs in on whether Texas had AC in visitor locker room: “I do not know the answer. I wasn’t the one who talked to anybody in Baton Rouge. I don’t remember it being like a sauna, and I don’t remember it being cool.”

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we certainly got SEC'd in the ref department.  SEC officiating is as corrupt as it gets.   the roughing was one of the worst piece of shit calls in history.  that play is exactly how you play fucking football.  I hope our Big 12 refs return the favor.

we need neutral for these big games.  why not get a pac  12 crew or big 10 or even AAC.

edit: the refs didn't cost us the game, our first half playcalling and CB's did.

Big 12 refs are just bad and don't show Texas any favoritism (Aggie dumbfuckery of Texas home cooking notwithstanding) although we've benefited from some bad calls in the past they will punish us with bad or missed calls at least if not more often. Indeed, I think sometimes they go out of their way to do so to avoid the faintest hint of Texas favoritism since it's a popular narrative they are well aware of. The Ok. St. 2015 debacle was obviously the most egregious case of slanted refs against Texas in recent history. And it seems standard procedure for them to ignore OU OL holding most of the time. So I fully expect they will get some calls wrong both for/against Texas and LSU next year and both fan bases will run with it. Holding and PI are their typical miscalls.

1 hour ago, woohorn said:

It's all spelled out in contracts years in advance, and there is a big difference between arrangements for conf vs nonconf games of both teams.

Let's watch the NW St. game Sat and see where visitors are seated. Pretty sure they aren't "pretty good". Anyway, if LSU cared about fan seating, it would have been spelled out in the contract they signed when series was negotiated.

I've seen the same visitor seating area for Troy (ooc) as well as Ole Miss (SEC).  I may be wrong about this being consistent for all teams, though.

3 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

Just curious why you placed our band in the highest possible point in the stadium,  did not allow our cheerleaders on the field, cut our allotment of tickets, and gave our fans the worse possible seats in the stadium. Are these things you normally do?

Because fuck you, that's why.  whiny cunts.  

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

Just curious why you placed our band in the highest possible point in the stadium,  did not allow our cheerleaders on the field, cut our allotment of tickets, and gave our fans the worse possible seats in the stadium. Are these things you normally do?

Only to the absolute scummiest shit-stain programs we schedule, but since A&M left the conference and we play OU at a neutral site, you're the lucky ones!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

The adjustment to the allotment of tickets was explained ad nauseam in articles leading up to the game: its due to the construction in the SEZ, and your payout was revised upwards accordingly.

Thats where the visiting band and fans always go. You’re not special.

Now if you wouldn’t mind explaining why your coach is a liar. Thanks.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

Glad you brought this up - maybe it's me but it seems like ESPN mic'd the tiger band but not the longhorn band.  Anyone else notice this?

3 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

The seat allotment was cut because the stadium is being renovated.  The total seat allotment was cut, so yours was, too.  We're the ones who missed out on several thousand fans in an end zone to make it difficult on your guys in the red zone.

Everything else you mentioned?  Yeah, we stick your band in the upper deck and give y'all shitty seats.  And you'll do the same to us next year.  Totally standard.  How long have you been watching college football?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rouxdog said:

Blame Joe Avella you fucking ignorant swamp trash, our allotment next year will only be 3000 as well.