austin radio stuff

hayden_horn

Jeff Ward has been on 102.7 for a while now.  Is he just changing time slots?

EDIT:  it doesn't seem entirely ominous regarding 104.9 status when Chad is tweeting under their social media profile.  

Edited by jimmyjazz

9 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Did the Austin radio group lose their radio tower in the Friday storm?     104.9 is broadcasting the national guys this morn, and theres a note on their web page saying local programming will not return immediately

@Fuga    legit curious, what part of this post was so offensive I got dinged for it? It was posted right around 7am before we had any info of what was going on. 

5 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

The Ticket in Dallas says hello. But they might be the exception to the rule 

No - they just have 4 professional sports teams and the 5th largest radio market in the country. 

Radio is a lot less dead in the mega media markets in the US. 

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

The Ticket in Dallas says hello. But they might be the exception to the rule 

The Ticket is the ticket and there is nothing like it. 

The Horn tries to tell me about liberty hill girls basketball. #Flex. They have/had pretty good talent with Bucky/Erin/Rod. The over the top local thing is a beating tho. That and weed man USA and camp bow wow. “Had lots of weeds, not anymore”. 

Edited by Gucci_Suit

Moving the UT flagship to the new ESPN affiliate (and under the extended tentacles of our new ESPN and SEC overlords) would be the next step.

I mean, who the fuck shifts focus to covering high school sports with hunting and racing shows sprinkled in (where HS football season is basically 3.5 months) in a metro with a population of 2 million?

The Ticket is the ticket and there is nothing like it. 
The Horn tries to tell me about liberty hill girls basketball. #Flex. They have/had pretty good talent with Bucky/Erin/Rod. The over the top local thing is a beating tho. That and weed man USA and camp bow wow. “Had lots of weeds, not anymore”. 
Flex would be okay in limited efficient doses without all the talk about the talk we are about to talk about. Or maybe just on Craig's show. Granted I have a high school athlete at the moment.

Turns out Weed Man did not provide the services I was hoping for. They wanted to work in my yard.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Moving the UT flagship to the new ESPN affiliate (and under the extended tentacles of our new ESPN and SEC overlords) would be the next step.

I mean, who the fuck shifts focus to covering high school sports with hunting and racing shows sprinkled in (where HS football season is basically 3.5 months) in a metro with a population of 2 million?

Apparently, the dumbasses at The Horn.

8 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

Yeah, I'm tired of all the HornFM bullshit. 

Their signal is crap...

• Hook 'Em 1

So looking into that KVUE article, it looks like Austin Radio Network's Managing Partner Jason Nassour is a former Williamson County Attorney and is being charged with evidence tampering in the death of Javier Ambler in 2019. Some shady shit going on at The Horn HQ...

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/austin-radio-network-shut-down/269-6303f289-7f96-404c-b316-467966ecd882

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/williamson-county/williamson-county-sheriff-robert-chody-jason-nassour-new-charge/269-37322f8d-7819-4cc8-a121-9ae68396adfe